I can't flash the rom, I keep getting the same error:

Starting Installation...
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/(...zip path)'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/(...zip path)'
Updating partition details...

:confused:

Have you followed installation instructions? Especially first point:
"Install my CM10.2 version >= 07.11.2013 first" ?

This is a requirement. You don't need to boot it(I mean CM10.2), just install it and reboot into bootmenu->recovery. Then it should work fine:)

Reactions: dulocox

rabinhood

Feb 16, 2009
Katowice
Installed 25.11 version. Tried for a minute or 2. Main problems:
1. Cannot synchronize contacts & calendar to Google, even though correct username/pass is entered.
2. Answered one call - the person on the other side sounded very, very quiet.
After these "discoveries" reverted back to 10.2. :)

[EDIT]
But it has a great potential! (that's the sentence used most often to describe Polish soccer players)

Last edited:

czechop

Aug 21, 2012
Installed 25.11 version. Tried for a minute or 2. Main problems:
1. Cannot synchronize contacts & calendar to Google, even though correct username/pass is entered.
2. Answered one call - the person on the other side sounded very, very quiet.
After these "discoveries" reverted back to 10.2. :)

[EDIT]
But it has a great potential! (that's the sentence used most often to describe Polish soccer players)

Any chance that you haven't wiped your data? Haven't had any problems with the sound volume myself.
Regarding synchronization... have you used core gapps 24.11.2013(from the link on the first page)?

Great potential... good one;):D

Reactions: rabinhood

yuriaps

Jul 17, 2012
For me, everything is good, except the sound of incoming calls. The sound is very low and when i put in speaker mode, nothing happens.

rabinhood

Feb 16, 2009
Katowice
Regarding synchronization... have you used core gapps 24.11.2013?
Thanks. That was the case.

[EDIT]
OK. Installed it again. It seems to be snappier than 10.2, but unfortunately I've encountered some more problems.
1. There are random reboots (during Titanium Backup restore). I've flashed only 25.11 ROM and 24.11 gapps.
2. During call speakerphone icon does nothing - doesn't turn on the speakerphone.
Came back to 10.2 again (today that's the second time). :) That's great that system backup/restore/reinstall is so easy and convenient, that one can perform them several times a day. :)

Last edited:

rkrisi

Jun 11, 2012
Thanks. That was the case.

[EDIT]
OK. Installed it again. It seems to be snappier than 10.2, but unfortunately I've encountered some more problems.
1. There are random reboots (during Titanium Backup restore). I've flashed only 25.11 ROM and 24.11 gapps.
2. During call speakerphone icon does nothing - doesn't turn on the speakerphone.
Came back to 10.2 again (today that's the second time). :) That's great that system backup/restore/reinstall is so easy and convenient, that one can perform them several times a day. :)

Hello everybody!
I have installed this rom i dont have problems with volume during call, and speakerphone button also work. @czechop i have one question. Later do you add the missing cyanogenmod features? Like battery percentage, etc?

rkrisi

Jun 11, 2012
Interesting. Maybe I'll try again... And does wifi work? Because I couldn't switch it on.
Yes wifi also works :)

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

But i dont know how to use GPS :D location is turned on with, but Maps is waiting for location, and waze also...
Another question: why the notification line is not transparable?

Last edited:

rabinhood

Feb 16, 2009
Katowice
Perhaps I'll never fully understand / control Android. I tried to install Kit Kat for several times, did full system wipes, but nothing helped - still had problems either with wifi, or with Google synchronization.
Then something broke, phone bricked, and I had to come from the beginning (stock GB flash). And...
Now KitKat's running well. Even more! It's visibly smoother than CM10.2 (which was very fast). I wonder if CM11 is not as fast as CM7. WiFi's working, mobile data's working, contacts/calendar sync's working.
So now I'm starting normal everyday use. I'll report if I find some bugs. @czechop - thank you very much for this port!

rkrisi

Jun 11, 2012
Sorry, I didn't said but I also bricked my phone, and I had to reflash and everything. And after that I have installed cm11

Sent from my A953 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

firstly I also can't install cm11. I have to brick my phone first

Sent from my A953 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

another thing which I dont know. Does the KitKat "new" features work in this rom? Like the smart caller id, sms with hangouts...

Sent from my A953 using xda app-developers. app

czechop

Aug 21, 2012
Perhaps I'll never fully understand / control Android. I tried to install Kit Kat for several times, did full system wipes, but nothing helped - still had problems either with wifi, or with Google synchronization.
Then something broke, phone bricked, and I had to come from the beginning (stock GB flash). And...
Now KitKat's running well. Even more! It's visibly smoother than CM10.2 (which was very fast). I wonder if CM11 is not as fast as CM7. WiFi's working, mobile data's working, contacts/calendar sync's working.
So now I'm starting normal everyday use. I'll report if I find some bugs. @czechop - thank you very much for this port!

Interesting. Perhaps there is some bug in the recovery so that it doesn't actually wipe everything, while flashing SBF obviously does.
Anyway... so now everything is working fine? Is the the volume of incoming calls ok?
Could you try to make few calls in a row? On my phone first call breaks sound for a while, so that next call hangs the dialer... but maybe I just need to softbreak milestone:):D

czechop

Aug 21, 2012
But i dont know how to use GPS :D location is turned on with, but Maps is waiting for location, and waze also...
Another question: why the notification line is not transparable?

GPS works fine on my device(tried with GPSStatus from the market and with the location mode set to "Device only" in the settings).
Regarding notification line not being transparent... that's a bug:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11.0 for Milestone2

[Downloads][gapps]

It's based on defy(made by Quarx) version.

Changelog:

• 22.12.2014 - smartass governor added; CM code synced; MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR :)
    • 03.10.2014 - CM code synced
    • 18.07.2014 - CM code synced (4.4.2 -> 4.4.4)
    • 30.05.2014 - CM code synced
    • 12.03.2014 - Some small BT headset changes; CM code synced(seems to fix some random reboots/telephony layer problems seen in last 2 versions).
    • 24.02.2014 - Call delay fixed
    • 22.02.2014 - BT headsets should now work(haven't tested it myself); CM code synced
    • 20.01.2014 - wifi tethering fixed(this time for good I hope:D); OTG support added; CM code cynced.
    • 18.12.2013 - wifi tethering partially fixed(see notes); CM code synced.
    • 12.12.2013 - battery charge level shown in 10% steps fixed; incorrect colors during video playback(introduced in previous build) fixed; CM code synced(android updated: 4.4.1->4.4.2);
    • 09.12.2013 - baseband selection fixed; apps2sd disappearing after reboot should be fixed(haven't tested it); CM code synced(android updated: 4.4 -> 4.4.1, luncher settings added...); persian language(fa_IR) added; new gapps(4.4.1) available
    • 03.12.2013 - bluetooth fixed; green led disabled after boot; CM code synced; ringtones restored; following languages supported: en_US pl_PL ru_RU zh_TW de_DE es_ES cs_CZ it_IT vi_VN pt_BR hu_HU fr_FR zh_CN nl_NL
    • 02.12.2013 - proximity sensor fixed(main reason to release this version so quickly after the previous one); camera fixed; baseband selection tool added; CM code synced; still on old kernel; almost all ringtones removed(to make space for Camera app) - they will be restored(with the apps removed already) in the next version.
    • 29.11.2013 - dialer and incoming voice level fixed; CM code synced; still on old kernel
    • 25.11.2013 - CM11 - wifi fixed, keyboard backlight fixed, CM code synced(quick settings added among others); Some apps(Email, Camera, Video Editor) removed so that gapps will fit on the /system; AOSP discontinued
    • 13.11.2013 - AOSP: wifi fixed; apps installation from sdcard fixed; camera preview working(taking photos/recording does not work yet); ART seems to work
    • 08.11.2013 - CM11: Initial version

NOTES:
    • Use minimal/core gapps(about 20MB) from the link above

Known issues:

Sources:

• repo init -u git://github.com/czechop/android.git -b cm-11.0

Installation
    • Install my CM10.2 version >= 07.11.2013 first
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a backup of your data(highly recommended)
    • Install this ROM
    • Install core gapps
    • If you wiped data(made factory reset) before installation, then after installing ROM boot it first, and then reboot and install gapps(otherwise you may get setup wizard crashes)

Credits:

• Credits for this rom goes to: Quarx2k, Tezet, Blachd0se, CM team... and many, many more.
    Thanks for new release Czesiek! I thought MS2 development is dead now. I even thought about buying MS3 or Droid 4 device. Regards!

It's not yet dead... I still plan to sync with CM sources from time to time:)
    Workaround for delay on incoming calls

Workaround for delay on incoming calls:

It is a governor related issue (interactive governor). To avoid it you can switch the governor. I just added files for czechop's builds for the boostedASSv2 governor that is a very good tradeoff between performance and battery life. It is as simple as flashing the attached zip file in recovery.

I timed it:

With interactive governor the delay was three seconds, with boostedASSv2 it was one second. I also tested Ondemand governor which also had a delay of one second. But for sure it is not as battery friendly as boostedASSv2.

If for whatever reason you want to switch to another governor than boostedASSv2 you need to enter dev mode and change it in the menu. To enter dev mode do the following:

Go to "Settings>About phone" and tap "Build number" a few times till it tells you that you unlocked dev mode. Then go back and tap "Performance". Ignore the warning and tap on "Processor". There you can test different governors. If you want them to persist on boot you have to activate "Set on boot". Else it will reset to interactive on each reboot.

Report back if you got issues or press the thanks button if it fixed the problem.

EDIT:
    If you still get delays and your phone is undervolted, make sure that vsel1 is minimum 30 (default: 33) and there should be no problem anymore.

2. The Phone does not wake up on keyboard press, means if the keyboard is slided out and the phone goes into standby you have to push the power button instead of one keyboard button (that was stock behaviour)

As @L3ibnitZ already stated, you can press OK button. Not a problem I guess.

3. In the Browser i can't use numbers or special chars in input boxes with the hardware keyboard, with software keyboard everything is fine

With Dolphin everything is working as it should be. So it is not related to this rom. Which browser do you use? The issue might be there…
    How about 3.0 kernel? Quarx is making huge progress on Defy. Would it be hard to port to Milestone 2?

No, it shouldn't be hard to port it to milestone2. Only a few sensors are left to be ported, but it's still not very stable, so will stick to 2.6.32 for now:)
    Not really significant for real usage, but still amazing idle battery life :)

That's really impresive:) During Christmas I haven't used my phone very frequently, so the battery laster for 6 days... but it's far from your achievement:D