[ROM][4.2.2] My Android 4.2 for Xoom Wi-Fi (20130217)

Search This thread

logitechor

Sep 29, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 6
alpha release

he is talking about this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WjrJpCdbvE&feature=plcp

and that still should get you working for gnow if you havent follow the steps in the video and should get it working for you

Runandhide you are everywhere. Thank you for what you do.

I have been using the ROM foremost of the day. Have not installed my software. Working well.

Except I am having troubles with Photosphere. Am going to try a couple of things. Reinstall first. Thank you for theRom.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Runandhide you are everywhere. Thank you for what you do.

I have been using the ROM foremost of the day. Have not installed my software. Working well.

Except I am having troubles with Photosphere. Am going to try a couple of things. Reinstall first. Thank you for theRom.

I'm mobile tight now, but if you have room in your /system download this and move the libs over to /system/lib and move the gallery app over too and that may fix the photo sphere issue

####Untested###

http://d-h.st/xKk
Don't flash it, contains a bunch of stuff not needed, it was a zip I put together for the xyboard
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: mikelu

dreamcwli

Feb 23, 2010
Taipei
Google Apps updated. Changing camera into sphere mode is no longer causing foced close. However, camera shows the device is not supported. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Video chatting on Talk still causing forced close due to hardware issue and I will try to fix the problem after fixing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. I have no idea how to make Google Now activated by saying Google but will take a look at it later.

Please help me if you can solve above issues, thanks to everyone reports here. :)

Attachments

• device-2012-11-18-093946.jpg
    device-2012-11-18-093946.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 843
Last edited:
Reactions: truskuss

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Google Apps updated. Changing camera into sphere mode is no longer causing foced close. However, camera shows the device is not supported. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Video chatting on Talk still causing forced close due to hardware issue and I will try to fix the problem after fixing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. I have no idea how to make Google Now activated by saying Google but will take a look at it later.

Please help me if you can solve above issues, thanks to everyone reports here. :)

I'll dive into the camera and the Google now. Give me a few minutes to wipe and install, haven't touched my Xoom yet today, been working on gnex all day.

arielp

Jul 1, 2008
seem new phablet ui made effective screen estate lower? on tablet UI, we have effective 1280x752,

anyone can confirm the effective resolution using phablet UI ?
(bottom softbutton and top notif bar will be always visible, right?)

also, on the other thread phablet UI mod, the DPI is changed to 180, does 4.2 on xoom also runs on 180 or still the default 160?

Last edited:

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
OK, got Google now working with a very crud method, in short you were missing the /usr/srec/ for the hot word detection.
Haven't got to the camera yet, need sleep.
Also the "crud" method is due to the lack of space of the /system need to symlink some files, only problem is I don't know how to get it working right on the zip it fails to run my script properly and its been a while since I messes about with it. Also I don't remember where I need to add the addon.d to get it to be able to backup/restore.
I say we get this stupid small partition issue fixed...lol
Let's symlink the hole freaken system to a part of the /data.
Like a /data/fakesystem and just do away with the og /system partition.

Reactions: DsturbD

RiThBo

Oct 12, 2011
I'm having difficulties installing the gapps. I tried yesterdays version and todays version of them posted in the 1st post. But after i flash them, nothing appears in the app drawer. I am using TWRP 2.3 recovery. It says when i'm trying to flash, checking MD5 file- skipping, no md5 file found - updating partition details -successful. Any ideas? Thanks

And also the quick setting notification bar on the right hand side does not appear to be there either.

EDIT: Just tried the same gapps on cm10 final, and some of the apps work eg. camera, gmail but not play store, clock. I shall try with a different gapps package

Last edited:

pikesmatrix

Dec 27, 2011
Kent
I'm having difficulties installing the gapps. I tried yesterdays version and todays version of them posted in the 1st post. But after i flash them, nothing appears in the app drawer. I am using TWRP 2.3 recovery. It says when i'm trying to flash, checking MD5 file- skipping, no md5 file found - updating partition details -successful. Any ideas? Thanks

And also the quick setting notification bar on the right hand side does not appear to be there either.

EDIT: Just tried the same gapps on cm10 final, and some of the apps work eg. camera, gmail but not play store, clock. I shall try with a different gapps package

Sounds like you've run out of space on the system partition, the only gapps that work for me is team eos gapps, but that's for 4.1.* only.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: RiThBo

pikesmatrix

Dec 27, 2011
Kent
Thank, didn't think of that, but there is nothing to remove to free up some space. I think I will just go back to cm10 final. That works

If 4.2 was to be officially released for the Xoom, it will be the last update. The only way around this is to increase the the system partition, but that is not likely to ever be possible.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

dreamcwli

Feb 23, 2010
Taipei
OK, got Google now working with a very crud method, in short you were missing the /usr/srec/ for the hot word detection.
Haven't got to the camera yet, need sleep.
Also the "crud" method is due to the lack of space of the /system need to symlink some files, only problem is I don't know how to get it working right on the zip it fails to run my script properly and its been a while since I messes about with it. Also I don't remember where I need to add the addon.d to get it to be able to backup/restore.
I say we get this stupid small partition issue fixed...lol
Let's symlink the hole freaken system to a part of the /data.
Like a /data/fakesystem and just do away with the og /system partition.

Thanks for your information!

It is really annoyed that Xoom has internal storage of 32 GB but only 251 MB is used for system partition. Linking to /data/media is a better choice since factory reset of third party recovery will not erase content in the folder.

dreamcwli

Feb 23, 2010
Taipei
After switching to Tiamat AOSP Kernel Wi-Fi works on every boot but Bluetooth failed to connect to devices. I will spend sometime on kernel to solve the hardware issues.

MarciWoi

Sep 1, 2010
Recklinghausen
I love your rom but the original launcher is really laggy :-/
Someone with the same problem :confused:
Hope you are able to fix this in the next update, because I like who the original launcher looks like :)

Marcel

dreamcwli

Feb 23, 2010
Taipei
I love your rom but the original launcher is really laggy :-/
Someone with the same problem :confused:
Hope you are able to fix this in the next update, because I like who the original launcher looks like :)

Marcel

I think Android 4.2 is a bit laggy compared to Android 4.1 on Xoom due to hardware limitation. However it should not too laggy to be unusable. Can you check the following video and do you have the same result with mine?

Last edited:

dreamcwli

Feb 23, 2010
Taipei
:eek: Mine is much more lagging .
I think half of your speed, did you du something special?

This is exactly what I uploaded here. Maybe you can try to factory reset and restore your apps individually? I once update to Android 4.2 without factory reset on my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 and even can't boot them up.

Don't forget to restart Wi-Fi on every boot. The ROM currently consume much resource if you don't restart Wi-Fi and make the entire system laggy.

Beware of data moving issue due to factory reset of old recovery, your content maybe moved to /sdcard/0/0/.../0. Or you can wait me to upload ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.8 later.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarciWoi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have built Android 4.2.2 from AOSP and produce a working ROM. Currently there is no big problem and can be used as a daily driver. Please report in this thread if you encounter any problems.

Status

Working

• Everything not in the not working list

Not Working

• Gesture typing

Additional Features

• USB OTG support
    • root access
    • Advanced quick settings (click to switch and long click to settings)
    • Advanced power menu
    • OTA update
    • Charging light (display settings)
    • Dynamically switching between phone and tablet UI (user interface settings)
    • CPU overclocking (developer options)

Downloads

My Android 4.2 for Xoom Wi-Fi (20130217)

my_wingray-jb-mr1.1-20130217-signed.zip
    MD5: bb523abaf353d8ad06381f387f1c2a54
    SHA1: b99513418a63dc20c7d26496b4370fad1598504b​

Google Apps (20130221)

gapps-jb-mr1.1-noneon-20130221-signed.zip
    MD5: 00d59870122baf6446b614daed347938
    SHA1: 98d392876b2aa37f7e252eb354361be5dc371486​

Issues

• No obvious issues, please report in the thread if you found any.

Changelog

• Update to Android 4.2.2
    • Fix mount point for USB storage
    • Improve I/O performance
    • Revert quick settings of status bar to stock
    • Remove GPS from quick settings of system bar
    • Hide developer options by default

• Fix partition problem for some devices in Hong Kong and Taiwan
    • Enable Unicode support for FAT/NTFS filesystems
    • Add support for init.d scripts
    • Revert GPU overclocking for stability and battery
    • Revert I/O performance tweaks for stability
    • Merge hot word detection for Google Now into Google Apps

• Fix layout of navigation keys with tablet UI
    • Fix notification prompt for multi-user support with tablet UI
    • Improve I/O performance
    • Enable NTFS read support
    • Move system bar setting to user interface settings
    • Add BusyBox

• Fix default widget in lockscreen
    • Fix built-in clock widget in lockscreen
    • Fix available size in storage settings
    • Fix crash with unsupported video snapshot
    • Fix hot word detection with latest Google Search
    • Add setting for charging light (display settings)

• Fix HDMI output
    • Fix volume change on docked
    • Fix OTA updates for compatible recoveries
    • Improve performance of graphics system
    • Add setting for dock audio
    • Support dynamically switching between phone and tablet UI

• Fix multi-user support for Bluetooth
    • Fix multi-user support for quick settings
    • Fix duplicate IME swtichers on system bar
    • Fix clock quick settings on status bar

• Fix notifications for multi-user with tablet UI
    • Fix icon on system bar when Bluetooth connected
    • Support OTA updates with OTAUpdater
    • Add Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS switches
    • Use Simple I/O scheduler as default
    • Use new implementation for legacy hwcomposer support

• Switch to stock kernel with overclock capability

• Fix HDMI but included in unstable package
    • Fix settings for clock dream
    • Fix carrier info in lock screen
    • Fix music search
    • Support cpu freqeuncy scaling in developer options

• Update to Android 4.2.1
    • Fix Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
    • Fix write access on SD card
    • Support USB storage
    • Keep Google Apps when flashing My Android
    • Switch to Superuser

• Fix photo sphere camera

• Switch back to stock keyboard
    • Installer and remover are provided for keyboard with gesture typing

• Switch back to stock kernel
    • Fix null EGL config
    • Fix video chatting in Talk
    • Support switching between phone and tablet UI in developer options
    • Add Email app
    • Remove some unused stuff

• Switch to Tiamat AOSP Kernel
    • Switch to keyboard with gesture typing
    • Add advanced power menu

• Initial release

Source Code

Manifest for My Android

https://github.com/dreamcwli/android

Kernel for My Android for Xoom

https://github.com/dreamcwli/android_kernel_moto_wingray

Review (thanks to Freshly_Snipes)

Screenshots

I bet you get a lot of requests for 4.3 now.. :)

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Not yet, but I will start porting it in a few days.
    I can boot 4.3 system now but launching apps will cause system failure due to graphic system changes. Once I can deal with the problem I will release some pure AOSP builds for you to try. The flashing problem is caused by wrong configs and it is fixed now.
    It is fine to launch apps now but camera seem to be broken. I will try to fix the camera problem and create some pure AOSP builds in several days.
    It has been a long time since last time I updated the ROM. I have been very busy with my job so I don't have much time to improve it. I think Google will announce Android 4.3 on Google I/O and I will still try to port it if I have time. It will remain as an AOSP ROM with a little modifications as I think I will not have much time for working on it. If somebody wants to help developing this ROM please contact me via private messages.

Thanks for those giving feedbacks and helps on this thread. I have spent a little time reading last few pages and it's good to know some users still prefer this ROM than others.