CM 10.2 for Canadian Optimus G (E973/E971)

Search This thread

mindstormsguy

Oct 6, 2012
I have a Canadian Optimus G (from Sasktel), but my install fails on assert. Mine is apparently a geehrc. I had previously installed some of these builds (several months ago) and they worked fine. This time around I removed the assert to force it to install. Most stuff seems to work, but the camera doesn't (the phone crashes).

Is there a build available with a kernel that will work for me?

Edit: Though I don't get it. A bit of Googleing tells me that geehrc is the Sprint one (with the 13MP camera). I most certainly do not have a 13MP camera. I assume I have the exact same phone as Bell customers. I also checked some of your earlier images (from earlier this year), and they used to allow for geehrc. Why did this change?

Last edited:

Haze028

Jun 29, 2011
I have a Canadian Optimus G (from Sasktel), but my install fails on assert. Mine is apparently a geehrc. I had previously installed some of these builds (several months ago) and they worked fine. This time around I removed the assert to force it to install. Most stuff seems to work, but the camera doesn't (the phone crashes).

Is there a build available with a kernel that will work for me?

Do not use newer build until i say so please, i am making some test with camera and using the camera will lead you to a reboot which is not a good thing with dyn_fsync.

Just wait for a build chad okays

mindstormsguy

Oct 6, 2012
Just wait for a build chad okays

My bad. I should have read to figure out there was a known camera issue. But regarding the assert, can anyone enlighten me on that? Why the change? Long ago, the assert would allow geehrc. The other strange thing is that my girlfriend's phone (same phone, same carrier) doesn't fail the assert. Does the ro.property.device value come from the recovery or ROM on the phone itself?

Haze028

Jun 29, 2011
My bad. I should have read to figure out there was a known camera issue. But regarding the assert, can anyone enlighten me on that? Why the change? Long ago, the assert would allow geehrc. The other strange thing is that my girlfriend's phone (same phone, same carrier) doesn't fail the assert. Does the ro.property.device value come from the recovery or ROM on the phone itself?

Have you changed your recovery lately?

nelly_85

Nov 10, 2011
Just noticed my phone doesn't show the correct battery percentage. Is this a known issue on this rom?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4

nelly_85

Nov 10, 2011
OK so an update on things. So for some reason I decided to change the driver for the device to Android adb device and was able to sideload cm 10.2 on the phone. It's boots up and works.... Only issue is for a split second I see the two LG logos and it boots into the rom. The issues I've noticed is that it doesn't allow me to turn wifi or blue tooth one and also shows my battery fully charged at 78 percent...

nelly_85

Nov 10, 2011
Got the battery fixed. I forgot to install the modem from jb for the e971. I'm surprised it worked without a modem on it lol

vpetkar

Dec 2, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Flashed the latest build, Camera app says "Cannot connect to Camera". Also present: random touchscreen jumping/clicking (but this has been true for a while, at least in all October builds).

Reactions: metal_god69

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina
Latest build is solid and very smooth. Camera cannot connect error is the only problem I have noticed.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

nelly_85

Nov 10, 2011
Yeah nfc is finicky at best. I might revert back to 4.2.2 just to have a stable rom

sucsss

Feb 14, 2011
Anybody use the camera for video yet?

I'm getting the "AP watchdog bark detected" green screen crash when I try to start a recording.

I'm on 10.2.2013 geeb build.

nelly_85

Nov 10, 2011
Anybody get Google now working....mine isn't working.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 4

sunami88

Oct 8, 2011
I've gotta say I'm a bit disappointed. I'm currently at 156 hours of uptime on the 1010 build.
Oh well, I'll just have to check out Omnirom!

Sent from my LG e971

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, This is a continuation of the CM 10.1 nightlies thread. Things has been moving on and we are now at CM 10.2. I have been working with xboxfanj, houstonn and bbelos to bring you this. Again, this is based on mako with adapted change for optimus G. This time we are even more in sync with CAF (Code Aurora Forum).

What is working
    Everything.

What is not working

You tell me.

Here are the repo needed for our devices :

https://github.com/TeamPlaceHolder

Of course, you have to be rooted, to have bootloader unlocked and a working recovery to flash this custom rom.

DO NOT FLASH NEXUS 4 KENEL MADE BY 3rd PARTY. THIS WILL MOSTLY PERMA BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

This is simply because people tend to use partition number and not by-name and our partition is different than nexus 4 ones. i.e. The rpm partition on our phone is the boot partition on nexus 4. So flashing a custom kernel will flash a boot.img in your rpm partition and then you are bricked. You have been warned.

Like usually, i can't be hold responsible if you damage your phone during any of the process described in this thread.

Thracky and houstonn who also works with me on this.

xplodwild
    codeworkx
    IOMonster
    sk8erwitskil
    faux123
    dvhexer
    Cyanogenmod Team

and a special thanks to shelnutt2 who shown me how to fix 3G
    and juggie who found out the good file to change to get wifi working
    Download

All the downloads will go here :

ribs.bbqdroid.org

Use geeb package

Gapps package :

http://goo.im/gapps

Modem :

There is a newer modem now available (From JB update. Houstonn and I extracted each of them and made flashable so you don't need to do the painful process of kdz only to get a new baseband)

MAKE SURE TO NOT FLASH KOREAN MODEM.

http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog/modem
    How to intall that rom ?

This require you to have TWRP or CWM already installed on your device. I recommand the former. On our device, this mainly mean you have rooted your phone and unlocked the bootloader.

Apparently, it seems these instruction where not clear enough. So I'll try to make them dumbproof. If you are not following these instruction and it doesnt work, dont expect support. It's like buying a cake mix where you only need to add milk and call the company saying their product is bull****, you added water and only got a brick. To add to this metaphor, Asking if it's because you used CWM instead of twrp or reverse is like saying : Did it didnt work because i used a fork instead of a whip to mix it ?

To flash this rom, you have to be on older Bootloader. You can alternatively flash the bootloader i linked in this thread. Read the post carefully before you flash.

1. Download file in the download section.
    2. Put the rom AND the gapps on your internal SDCard.
    3. Reboot into recovery.
    4. Flash CM rom.
    5. Flash Gapps package.
    6. DO A FACTORY RESET (EMPHASIS HERE)
    7. reboot into system
    There is a new build up. It has fixed bluetooth and has latest cm changes.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium
    Is there ANY WAY you can add to this the changes in faux123's Nexus 4 kernel (see here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36722-kernellinux-340-makojbuvoctuncifsv001-nov-30/#entry1032460) to reduce the horrible msm_hsic_host wakelock battery drain?

You sir, deserve a punch in the face. Come on. We are not at optimizing things. I'm still trying to figure out what is working or not. This is really stupid.

Note to all other user : I WILL NOT ACCEPT FEATURE BEFORE EVERY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED.

on a related note to your question, if you would have read carefully, you would have seen that i already use faux123 kernel . . .
    Anyway, this is not going to be the case soon.