[DISCONTINUED][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.7.0.0 [4.4 KitKat Compatible] - 3/25/2014

Search This thread

jismail

May 8, 2008
Asking fora password?

Just flashed the new version using terminal method. Rebooted normally, then rebooted into recovery. New version starts up fine but is asking for a password. If I cancel out of the challenge box, it continues but will not give access to anything but /system.

What is the password? or, how do I remove or get by the challenge and still have full access?

update: Ok, now I really seem to be in a fix. Tried to re-install TWRP 2.5.0.0 over the 2.6.3.0 version and it won't let me. So now I only have access to SYSTEM, cant install any new ROMs, and cannot enter the password it wants, and cannot downgrade back to earlier TWRP version prior to the password...

WTF?

What am I missing, how should I proceed. I am running Hairybean 2.31.

Helpw would be appreciated.....

Last edited:

Bastaerd

Aug 20, 2011
Amsterdam
Just flashed the new version using terminal method. Rebooted normally, then rebooted into recovery. New version starts up fine but is asking for a password. If I cancel out of the challenge box, it continues but will not give access to anything but /system.

What is the password? or, how do I remove or get by the challenge and still have full access?

update: Ok, now I really seem to be in a fix. Tried to re-install TWRP 2.5.0.0 over the 2.6.3.0 version and it won't let me. So now I only have access to SYSTEM, cant install any new ROMs, and cannot enter the password it wants, and cannot downgrade back to earlier TWRP version prior to the password...

WTF?

What am I missing, how should I proceed. I am running Hairybean 2.31.

Helpw would be appreciated.....

You are probably on the wrong bootloader. Not sure how the proces of changing your bootloader is but it should be in the hairybean thread.

Voyager2k

You are probably on the wrong bootloader. Not sure how the proces of changing your bootloader is but it should be in the hairybean thread.

That's exactly what the problem is. My fault for not stating it in the instructions. OP updated.

According to the OP in the androwook thread, flashing the downgrade zip should get you going. Try loading that onto a microSD card. You should be able to flash it from there.

--Edit--
In other news, I have an update ready. The keyboard on the dock is now properly supported and I think I've fixed the /system/media folder not backing up properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bastaerd

grandmaster_b

Jul 2, 2007
Hi @Voyager2k I flashed your initial kitkat compatible version using fast boot via terminal and it installed fine so my question is can I now use TWRP to update to the 20th Feb version if not why? Thanks.

Last edited:

thenrz

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks! Works well with your PA builds! :)

You've done a lot for the tf201 man. Thanks again.

BuZzCoRe

Mar 30, 2010
Hi Voyager,

I hope you can assist. I'm coming from CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.24 with ROM2SD.
After flashing your recovery only the system and cache partitions are able to mount. The External SD cannot be read and the /data/ partition and all the rest cannot be found. ROM still boots perfectly.

Any idea please? Thanks.

EDIT: It seems that with Bootloader 4.2.1 nothing is being loaded whereas with Bootloader 4.1.1 files do show.

Last edited:

ShreckBull

Oct 24, 2007
Dijon
Hi, thank you for this update

I'm using this ROM "[ROM][4.4.2 CM-11.0][Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial][KVT49L][31/03/14]" and the first release of your TWRP version.

I haven't any problem with VOL DOWN and VOL UP key, but i can't enter in fastboot mode. Both key select the RCK mode.
I have tried reboot to fastboot from the ROM or from AndroidTuner App ... but everytime the tablet boot to Android.

Is there any solution to force the system to boot in fastboot mode ?

thx

pit84

Jul 12, 2012
dear voyager
the recovery is amazing but the problem with the format data is not solved,the recovery wipe:davilk,cache and data but don't format data media.
sorry for my perfect english LoL
P.S thanks for your development

ghevin

Jan 28, 2008
Help!!!
I've a big problem on Prime!
I've flashed twrp 2.7.0.0 but my hboot is 4.2.1
Now in recovery i can't install anything, recovery see internal and ex sd empty!
If i flash Others recoveries from fastboot then recovery installed is still 2.7.0.0Voyager!!!
Help please and sorry for my english!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE: I no longer have a copy of the recovery image since goo.im went down. If anyone still has it, feel free to post a link. I'll leave the instructions here. Also, I won't be updating this since I no longer have a TF201 and ROM development seems to have shifted to a modified bootloader, which requires a different recovery image anyway.

Original post:
    Warning: You must be on the 4.1.1 Bootloader to use this. Androwook and other stock based ROMs supply their own recovery.

With 4.4 based ROMs starting to come to our tablet, and official TWRP not flashing them, I thought I'd take a crack at updating it. As some of you may know, attempting to flash a KitKat ROM using the current version of TWRP fails, resulting in a "set_metadata_recursive" error. This updated version, based on the OmniROM fork of TWRP, fixes that.

Latest Version: 2.7.0.0-Voyager2k_v1.2

Instructions:
    1.(Highly Recommended) Enable NVFlash if you haven't already. Check here for details.
    2. Make sure you are on the 4.1.1 Jellybean Bootloader. If you are already running ParanoidAndroid or CyanogenMod, you're fine.
    3. Download the recovery image here. The latest file is recovery1.2.img. EDIT: Links are broken. See above
    4. You can use the same instructions that are on the TWRP page, but for convenience, I'll add them here. You have two options:
    A. Fastboot. Boot the tablet into fastboot and use "fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery recoveryX.X.img" (no quotes, replace X.X with whatever numbers are in the filename) from your computer to flash the recovery.​
    B. Flash from terminal within the tablet. Open a terminal emulator within android and type "su" (no quotes) to get root access. Then type "dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4" (no quotes, replace X.X with whatever numbers are in the filename) to flash the recovery and reboot normally. This is critical, as the recovery won't flash until the system has rebooted normally.​

If successful, the version number should read: "2.7.0.0-Voyager2k-vX.X" (X.X being my revision number)

Known Issues:
    1. /system/media doesn't get backed up for some reason. Restoring backups works, but you won't have sounds or a boot animation. (I think this is fixed in the newest version, but I'm waiting on other reports before I remove this item)

Ususal disclaimer: I am not responsible if this messes up your tablet in any way.

Credits:
    TWRP for making the recovery
    Built from the OmniROM fork. Source is here.
    2.7.0.0 is here!

New version of TWRP is available. I've updated it to version 2.7.0.0, since I don't know if we'll get it officially. Other than that, I haven't made any significant changes.
    Changelog:

Version 1.1 - 2/19/2014
    Added support for the dock keyboard
    Fixed /system/media not backing up properly
    Synced with latest OmniROM recovery sources

Version 1.2 - 3/25/2014
    Updated to TWRP version 2.7.0.0
    A little cleanup behind the scenes

That's exactly what the problem is. My fault for not stating it in the instructions. OP updated.

According to the OP in the androwook thread, flashing the downgrade zip should get you going. Try loading that onto a microSD card. You should be able to flash it from there.

--Edit--
    In other news, I have an update ready. The keyboard on the dock is now properly supported and I think I've fixed the /system/media folder not backing up properly.
    Someone can help me??????

1. Flash HairyBean according to OP here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2407248&page=152 then
    2. flash Voyagers TWRP 2.7.0.0 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2595531, then
    3. flash any Rom you like