HTC TyTN II Product Sheet on HTCClub.net

Search This thread

Locarian

Aug 3, 2006
So, something interesting that I am noticing here. Since I am in the US, I am concerned about whether or not this thing will work on 3G here.

I go to www.mobileplanet.com and look at the coming soon devices and find the TytnII listed:
http://www.mobileplanet.com/d.aspx?i=151727

Click on the description, then go to the bottom left column and you'll see:
"This phone has the 2100 UMTS UK version and not the 1900 UMTS US version network."

Now, I look at the spec sheet posted above and see that the HSDPA freq. that this phone will use are 850, 1900, and 2100. This is the same as the 7501 where the 2100 is for Europe and the 850/1900 is for the US.

Additionally, if you look on their product page details on mobileplanet, you see "UMTS (tri-band, 850/1900/2100 MHz)" listed under features. So, again looks like US compatibility.

Anyone who has been testing this unit in the US find that it has the selectable freq. and has it working on Cingular/ATT?

-Loc

EkS

Mar 4, 2007
Did you save the sheet onto your hard drive? They removed the sheets from the site.

*EDIT* I've been asked by HTC to remove the product sheet until the press launch of the HTC TyTN II, as soon as the device has been launched the sheet will be placed back online*

evolution_theory

Jan 16, 2007
Bay Area, CA
So, something interesting that I am noticing here. Since I am in the US, I am concerned about whether or not this thing will work on 3G here.

I go to www.mobileplanet.com and look at the coming soon devices and find the TytnII listed:

"This phone has the 2100 UMTS UK version and not the 1900 UMTS US version network."

Now, I look at the spec sheet posted above and see that the HSDPA freq. that this phone will use are 850, 1900, and 2100. This is the same as the 7501 where the 2100 is for Europe and the 850/1900 is for the US.

Additionally, if you look on their product page details on mobileplanet, you see "UMTS (tri-band, 850/1900/2100 MHz)" listed under features. So, again looks like US compatibility.

Anyone who has been testing this unit in the US find that it has the selectable freq. and has it working on Cingular/ATT?

-Loc

This phone is being released by US AT&T.. so I would think it works with ATT's network.

Why would ATT release a phone that can only be used in the UK?
Yes, it does have 3g in the US. The phone will house the same hardware regardless of where it's released.

UnicornKaz

May 5, 2007
Southern Ontario

-Loc

I personally emailed them before I ordered one ( YEEE HAWWW !! :D )

and they assured me that it will work in North America and that they were supposed to take that info down ... and they did ( 2 days ago ) ;)