[ROM][Kernel][Recovery][PAC10/13][CandyKat10/13][UNOFFICIAL][AK360][TWRP2.8.1][geeb]

Search This thread

brothaedhung

Nov 30, 2011
Seattle-ish
Google Pixel 7
These ROMs are built using CM mako device and AK mako kernel sources. All builds are unofficial.

Header_Glass.png

* All in One Rom [Core features from PA, AOKP and CM]
See the PAC-man ROM website for more details.
See the PAC-man review gerrit for merged changes between builds.
Or look at the PAC Changelog in the PAC console in settings.

3068100_orig.png

Built straight from SlimKat sources with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS.
See the CandyKat website for more details.
Use the Sweetener Packs for some impressive mods.

Credits:

None go to me. I'm not a dev, I just learned to build here on XDA:
PAC-man ROMs
CandyKat ROMs
houst0nn
arcardinal
mathsz
zymphad
ronasimi
AK
and everyone else working hard on the LGOG

Bugs:

I use these as daily drivers. I can't code at all, so squashing bugs is tough. Let me know and I'll try.

Installation:

You have to have been on stock 4.1.2 or LGNPST'd to it or teenybined your RPM/TZ partitions. Search or ask if you don't know what that's about.

Do a nandroid backup
Wipe: data, system, cache, dalvik
Flash PAC-man ROM
Flash GApps
reboot
restore apps and app data using TB or your another backup application if desired

Downloads:

PAC-geeb 10/13/14

CandyKat-geeb 10/13/14

To flash I recommend using my TWRP 2.8.1 build.

I would use the BaNkS 4.4.4 minimal Gapps.

I use the AT&T Jellybean radio.

Kernels:

AK geeb kernels for CM and AOSP mako based ROMS:

AK.360.geeb-cm.zip
AK.360.geeb-aosp.zip

AK gee kernels:

AK.360.gee-cm.zip
AK.360.gee-aosp.zip

To maximize the capabilities of these kernels, flash:
UKM,

install the Synapse app from the playstore,
and remove or disable Trickstermod, Faux control, or any in-ROM kernel control apps and settings.

If WiFi doesn't work after flashing the kernel, try flashing the Revert_4.4.3_Wifi_Fix.zip. It may fix WiFi on 4.4.2 ROMs and 4.4.4 ROMs that don't have the updated mako WiFi drivers.

These kernels won't work on gproj or E970 official ROMs based on gproj device sources. Ask me, your ROM dev, or just about any other experienced member on here if you don't know about compatibility.

Disclaimer:
Use at your own risk. I'm a chemist not a developer. I've never even taken a computer course.

Sources:
ROM

Kernel

Device

vendor

Last edited:

Abu Nazir

Apr 3, 2013
Nice work. Thanks for bringing us more options. Loving the support for our OG's. Thanks again. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app

iamtha1

Dec 1, 2012
Badddddddddasssssssss sorry this ROM is fabulous good work bro!

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

jmoss1972

Feb 7, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Not sure it makes a difference but my baseband version says unknown but everything works, just wanted to let you know. Oh and equipment id also says unknown but I have no idea what that's even for. This ROM is great thank you for bringing it to ort device.

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Is PAC bloated? What's the difference between this and BeanStalk?

They are both feature rich Roms. I wouldn't call either one vanilla...there are lots of things in both that are not in vanilla AOSP Roms. To me, it appears that Beanstalk uses CM and then modifies stuff, and PAC modifies from AOKP. I'm pretty much judging this from the layout of the system menu. Both are very feature loaded...similar but not identical feature sets. Beanstalk has a newer pie implementation. PAC has PAs per app DPI settings instead of using xposed for that.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Felrhoul

Account currently disabled
Nov 15, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hello, I tried this rom but miracast not working.
Is that on all the cm and aokp based roms.
I like this rom very much but i need miracast to work.

brothaedhung

Nov 30, 2011
Seattle-ish
Google Pixel 7
They are both feature rich Roms. I wouldn't call either one vanilla...there are lots of things in both that are not in vanilla AOSP Roms. To me, it appears that Beanstalk uses CM and then modifies stuff, and PAC modifies from AOKP. I'm pretty much judging this from the layout of the system menu. Both are very feature loaded...similar but not identical feature sets. Beanstalk has a newer pie implementation. PAC has PAs per app DPI settings instead of using xposed for that.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Good point. Maybe vanilla wasn't the best descriptor. I meant there wasn't much on top of the AOSPA/CM/AOKP features.

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Good point. Maybe vanilla wasn't the best descriptor. I meant there wasn't much on top of the AOSPA/CM/AOKP features.

Gotcha. Yep, I'd agree with that description.

From what I've seen, PACman, BeanStalk and RootBox are all pretty much different ways to "interpret" a hybrid of CM/AOKP/PA. The major stuff is pretty much all there in all of them, but each one has areas where the Dev prefers one implementation of something over another. It's really personal preference, I think, that determines which one is better for a given user.

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Has anyone downloaded the 9-1 build? The filehost says 0 downloads for some reason.

Yep. Grabbed it last night for a trial run.

Only glitch I ran into was weather panel not displaying correctly in notification panel, buy I had messed with clearing data for Google services framework and apparently broke GPS while doing so. More than likely I caused the problem.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These ROMs are built using CM mako device and AK mako kernel sources. All builds are unofficial.

Header_Glass.png

* All in One Rom [Core features from PA, AOKP and CM]
    See the PAC-man ROM website for more details.
    See the PAC-man review gerrit for merged changes between builds.
    Or look at the PAC Changelog in the PAC console in settings.

3068100_orig.png

Built straight from SlimKat sources with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS.
    See the CandyKat website for more details.
    Use the Sweetener Packs for some impressive mods.

Credits:

None go to me. I'm not a dev, I just learned to build here on XDA:
    PAC-man ROMs
    CandyKat ROMs
    houst0nn
    arcardinal
    mathsz
    zymphad
    ronasimi
    AK
    and everyone else working hard on the LGOG

Bugs:

I use these as daily drivers. I can't code at all, so squashing bugs is tough. Let me know and I'll try.

Installation:

You have to have been on stock 4.1.2 or LGNPST'd to it or teenybined your RPM/TZ partitions. Search or ask if you don't know what that's about.

Do a nandroid backup
    Wipe: data, system, cache, dalvik
    Flash PAC-man ROM
    Flash GApps
    reboot
    restore apps and app data using TB or your another backup application if desired

Downloads:

PAC-geeb 10/13/14

CandyKat-geeb 10/13/14

To flash I recommend using my TWRP 2.8.1 build.

I would use the BaNkS 4.4.4 minimal Gapps.

I use the AT&T Jellybean radio.

Kernels:

AK geeb kernels for CM and AOSP mako based ROMS:

AK.360.geeb-cm.zip
    AK.360.geeb-aosp.zip

AK gee kernels:

AK.360.gee-cm.zip
    AK.360.gee-aosp.zip

To maximize the capabilities of these kernels, flash:
    UKM,

install the Synapse app from the playstore,
    and remove or disable Trickstermod, Faux control, or any in-ROM kernel control apps and settings.

If WiFi doesn't work after flashing the kernel, try flashing the Revert_4.4.3_Wifi_Fix.zip. It may fix WiFi on 4.4.2 ROMs and 4.4.4 ROMs that don't have the updated mako WiFi drivers.

These kernels won't work on gproj or E970 official ROMs based on gproj device sources. Ask me, your ROM dev, or just about any other experienced member on here if you don't know about compatibility.

Disclaimer:
    Use at your own risk. I'm a chemist not a developer. I've never even taken a computer course.

Sources:
    ROM

Kernel

Device

vendor
    According to PAC-ROM's sharing policy: PAC-man Roms gives full rights for users to make unofficial builds of PAC-man from our github source code. These unofficial builds are limited to being posted in forums only if a device is not supported and we are not do not have a download link provided.

They have official builds for e970, so this thread is completely unnecessary and redundant.

Y U SHO NO LUV FOR UNOFFICIAL??

gproj (official) has it's limits. Although it works great and CAF drivers associated with it are more recent, Mako based (this) has other benefits. you can always report to pac-man roms,

You can verify with them but I guess what PAC means to say is : you download unofficial : do not ask for help, support, or whatever from us. Which is totally understandable.

I do agree that it might seem redundant, from a user's viewpoint. But I also believe xda is for developers mainly and that through community-driven development, users benefit. Under the hood, the two roms are quite different, I assure you.

That being said, do what you want and report or not. I still think this rom has it's place here and that you should appreciate the diversity that this approach offers you. I find there are Much more offensive things going on in xda forums.

But mostly, this message is for you : you do not agree with this : do what you have to. Else, please contribute in a positive way to the ROM, discussion and if you can do that, contribute to the development of the rom.

regards,
    PAC pushed their first 4.4 branch commits today. I've still got some work to do fixing the issues with the device repos, but I'll try to be ready when the PAC 4.4 sources are.

Maybe I'll call in sick to work or something so I can finish this up.
    New build here.

-dvhexer fixed the missing "baseband version".
    -PAC added an app sidebar feature and some pie improvements.

It seemed worth making a new build.
    New kernel. I rebased to CallMeAldy's repo and "fixed" MHL:
    AK.350.geeb-cm.zip

AK.350.geeb-aosp.zip

Also new UKM:
    UKM_v3.2.zip