Monx - All threads closed, all dl links removed ! What's going on here ??

Search This thread

cCclown

Dec 9, 2013
I couldn't believe my eyes when i switched over to XDA this evening.
All Monx threads were closed, and the download links were completely removed !
What the heck is going on here ??

One of the greatest devs - One of the best Xperia Rom's - not accessible any more ??
C'mon are you're kidding ??? :confused:

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
He seems to have broken the rules regarding solicitation of 'donations'.

Glad I downloaded the rom the other night then... Sad to see a good dev kicked out of the community though

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

so he has been baned because he posted a DL link to people that had donated 1 1/2 hours before the OP was updated with the link?

Reactions: ps000000

martin132014

Jan 14, 2011
Damn it...heres gone another...zu dev is getting smaller...here's i thought i will stick with Monx...but no update after this, just no point to stay....unless someone can continue the work if it's doable...

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

liqn7

Mar 25, 2010
Get on GPE 4.42 already ;)

If you love the Sony UI, you can xposed theme it. Most of the Sony apps also work on GPE if you sideload it.

GPE is literally the future of the device for KK 4.42 and beyond...embrace it :)

liqn7

Mar 25, 2010
How is performance terrible?

Its kit Kat 4.42 and it runs like a dream. Definitely faster than 4.3. Did you full wipe before flashing?

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
So far performance has been horrible so I have to agree. I like the Sony stock rom much more, but no big deal, I will just keep the one I am using and customize it with xposed etc

Accidentally hit the thanks button :p

Also, say whaaat? Horrible performance? It performs like nothing else. Not sure if you base your facts on the benchmark thread or if you've done a very dirty flash, but it's the fastest sucker in town. It's also incredible light on resources since it's KK.

barney-what.gif

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah

Also, say whaaat? Horrible performance? It performs like nothing else. Not sure if you base your facts on the benchmark thread or if you've done a very dirty flash, but it's the fastest sucker in town. It's also incredible light on resources since it's KK.

barney-what.gif

You dont use Barney to quote me...that is Legen.....wait for it.... :laugh:
How is it faster exactly since I have no log whatsover with stock 4.3? What do you notice that makes it better in your tests?

Last edited:

liqn7

Mar 25, 2010
General ui fluidity, decreased ram usage and better battery life are my main improvements.

Then there's all the features of Kk over 4.3

If you love the Sony ui so much there's a theme for it on xposed. Most of the Sony apps can also be downloaded from the market or sideloaded with the Apk.

Best of all its entirely bug free. Not a single random reboot or freeze since installation.

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Can you get small apps working too?
Has anyone tested Dreamcast emulator..I would like to know if it has the same issue as with 4.3

techpal

Mar 19, 2011
INDIA
General ui fluidity, decreased ram usage and better battery life are my main improvements.

Then there's all the features of Kk over 4.3

If you love the Sony ui so much there's a theme for it on xposed. Most of the Sony apps can also be downloaded from the market or sideloaded with the Apk.

Best of all its entirely bug free. Not a single random reboot or freeze since installation.

Which xposed theme you are talking about? Please share link. Thanks

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013

barney-what.gif

How is performance terrible?

Its kit Kat 4.42 and it runs like a dream. Definitely faster than 4.3. Did you full wipe before flashing?

Jumping in here quite unnoticed.
I noticed that the rom or device seems to get tired at the end of the day.. kind of getting laggy and slower and slower. Even now my device stopped scrolling for a sec at your barney picture.
It's not near as quick and responsive as the CM roms (have not tried cm kk rom)
I don't care about benchmarks since like year 2011.. Its just a bunch of numbers.
I never reboot but I think I need too do this more often, just like back in the days with my Desire.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Jumping in here quite unnoticed.
I noticed that the rom or device seems to get tired at the end of the day.. kind of getting laggy and slower and slower. Even now my device stopped scrolling for a sec at your barney picture.
It's not near as quick and responsive as the CM roms (have not tried cm kk rom)
I don't care about benchmarks since like year 2011.. Its just a bunch of numbers.
I never reboot but I think I need too do this more often, just like back in the days with my Desire.

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

Not seeing this kind of behavior here. Are you sure you don't have an app that's leaking RAM?

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Monx isn't banned, he has posted in the Z1 forum today, hopfully he can work things out with the admin team and get back to developing.

It looks like it was one of the Z1 ROMs that was the issue:
pls donate to support future developments

[05-00-00] WIP
interested donators, mod(s), RC, pls PM for early beta build.
RELEASED

martin132014

Jan 14, 2011
Monx isn't banned, he has posted in the Z1 forum today, hopfully he can work things out with the admin team and get back to developing.

Hope he dont have a hard feeling in zu forum after what happened...just hope he can sort thing's out and come back to us...

Reactions: AJHutchinson

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    He seems to have broken the rules regarding solicitation of 'donations'.

Glad I downloaded the rom the other night then... Sad to see a good dev kicked out of the community though

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

so he has been baned because he posted a DL link to people that had donated 1 1/2 hours before the OP was updated with the link?

So far performance has been horrible so I have to agree. I like the Sony stock rom much more, but no big deal, I will just keep the one I am using and customize it with xposed etc

Hope he dont have a hard feeling in zu forum after what happened...just hope he can sort thing's out and come back to us...