Bluetooth Mouse functionality questions

Search This thread

Buji

Jan 9, 2007
For those of you with the 2014 edition who have used a bluetooth mouse, what does the right click do?

Hey all,
I posted the following question on another thread about a specific bluetooth mouse, and didn't get a response so I figured I'd give it another try with a general post.

I use my samsung devices (Galaxy S1, Tab 10 v1, Note 10 2012 edition, and lately an S4) for connecting to work using the citrix thin client. (In addition to all the other things that make the samsung devices great)

One of the problems I've had since samsung moved to jellybean and beyond is the mouse support. Ice cream and prior, when using a bt mouse, the right click seemed to be ignored by the os, or didn't do anything different than the left click unless you were in a app that supported it. Specifically, passing on a right click command in remote desktop to the session.

After JB, the right click on a mouse seems to have been mapped at the OS level to the 'back' function. This makes using a samsung android device as my thin terminal very difficult, as you still need right click on a lot of standard desktop apps. When I'm connected to my remote desktop, and use the right-click the applications prompts to exit. I don't think the right click ever even gets passed along.

(If you want to know irony, pre JB the mouse worked fine, but CTRL and ALT keypresses were ignored by the Os. try going without easy cut and paste for a day when you work with spreadsheets a lot. )

Anyway, my question is, for those of you with the 2014 edition who have used a bluetooth mouse, what does the right click do?

I'm sending in my 2012 edition to amazon for a trade in, and I'm seriously thinking about getting the 2014 10 or the new 12.2 monster, but if the 12.2 is going to be $1k, I might as well go with a surface pro device for now.

If you're still reading, thanks, I know I've gone on a bit. I've struggled with this issue for a while and it makes it very difficult for me to travel lightly. I can use my android devices in a pinch, but man does it drive me nuts when I need to right click on something and can't Try it sometime. You'll throw your mouse across the godderned room. If you happen to know of any other workarounds for this issue, feel free to make my day.

pozer69

Jun 8, 2010
Right click brings me back, it is annoying when I'm browsing the Web and I want to open a link in a new tab.

I do use "jump" for rdp and it does pass the right click through the session. I have "pocket cloud" as well if you would like me to check that as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Buji

Jan 9, 2007
Right click brings me back, it is annoying when I'm browsing the Web and I want to open a link in a new tab.

I do use "jump" for rdp and it does pass the right click through the session. I have "pocket cloud" as well if you would like me to check that as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thank you, unfortunately I don't have a choice for my remote desktop client as it's a corporate thing. So it appears that the jump client you are using is blocking that default function and forcing the right click.. interesting. I would be interested to know if pocket cloud does the same, but only anecdotally.

I hate the 'back' functionality of google's mouse support. I cannot find any way to adjust it. Heck, turning it off would be an improvement.