[Q] About Root

Search This thread

maxhawki

Jul 10, 2014
How long will it take to wait for the root of this phone?
I have bought one but it really annoys me cuz it just can't be rooted. and you know the true interesting thing about android.
Anyone interested in find a way of root for this phone?

kiwiandy

Mar 29, 2008
Christchurch
How long will it take to wait for the root of this phone?
I have bought one but it really annoys me cuz it just can't be rooted. and you know the true interesting thing about android.
Anyone interested in find a way of root for this phone?

To gain root, first we need a custom recovery.

I have been trying to contact people on here that seem capable of making a custom recovery for this device, but so far no luck.
I have also been watching the Chinese forums for this device as well, but nobody there has a custom recovery yet either.
It will happen in time.. we had the same process last year with the M7 dual sim version. in the end we even had Enlish Roms flashed onto the devices... Im sure the same will happen here eventually.

maxhawki

Jul 10, 2014
To gain root, first we need a custom recovery.

I have been trying to contact people on here that seem capable of making a custom recovery for this device, but so far no luck.
I have also been watching the Chinese forums for this device as well, but nobody there has a custom recovery yet either.
It will happen in time.. we had the same process last year with the M7 dual sim version. in the end we even had Enlish Roms flashed onto the devices... Im sure the same will happen here eventually.

Let's hope so :) ,but seriously people should avoid buying dual sim version of phones 'cuz it's always a trouble...

hendrickchan

Jun 23, 2009
Hi, when you get English roms flashed on to the unit, does it mean you get OTA updates for that rom too?

EMF

Jul 22, 2009
Hi, when you get English roms flashed on to the unit, does it mean you get OTA updates for that rom too?

Do you mean when you flash a custom rom, can you then get OTA updates from HTC? The short answer to that is no, you cannot receive official updates for a custom ROM.

If you mean that you wan't original ROM in English, then the original Chinese ROM does have English language, and with that you can of cause receive OTA updates. I think all original HTC phones have English language.