[Q] Question about unlocking a Note 2 I just sold

Search This thread

MultiMatt

Jan 14, 2007
Louisville
Hello,
I apologize for yet another thread about unlocking the Note 2, but my question is slightly different than what others have asked previously.

I am the owner of an AT&T Galaxy Note 2, and I just sold it on Swappa. The buyer has now asked me to send it to him unlocked. I have seen the info on how to unlock, but here is my question:

My SIM card is now in my Nexus 5. What impact does it have for me to place this SIM back in to the Note 2 to unlock it? Will I be opening a can of worms, causing problems for myself with regard to my SIM card that I need to put back into my Nexus 5? If so, I will inform this seller that I am not going to risk the hassle, offer a refund and sell to someone who is not concerned about unlocking it.

Thanks!
Matt

x916

Nov 22, 2010
Did you say you were going to unlock it or anything like that on the posting?

210euser

Oct 27, 2013
Hello,
I apologize for yet another thread about unlocking the Note 2, but my question is slightly different than what others have asked previously.

I am the owner of an AT&T Galaxy Note 2, and I just sold it on Swappa. The buyer has now asked me to send it to him unlocked. I have seen the info on how to unlock, but here is my question:

My SIM card is now in my Nexus 5. What impact does it have for me to place this SIM back in to the Note 2 to unlock it? Will I be opening a can of worms, causing problems for myself with regard to my SIM card that I need to put back into my Nexus 5? If so, I will inform this seller that I am not going to risk the hassle, offer a refund and sell to someone who is not concerned about unlocking it.

Thanks!
Matt

You can swap Sims as much as you want it doesn't matter. In order to unlock it you will need another sim from a different carrier anyway. You can pay to get it unlocked using a computer method where you use a usb cable and it's done remotely. You can find this on ebay for about 15 bucks. The other option is going to att.com/unlock enter your info and att will send you a unlock code for free but, another carriers sim is needed. If you didn't state it was unlocked when you sold it tell the buyer it's not unlocked.

Sent from my phone