Nexus 6 or waiting for Android Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lndulgence

Feb 5, 2014
Not found
Too early to tell which path i will take. I'm loving my Nexus 4, considering Nexus 5 or LG G2 (because of the battery) as an upgrade sometime soon, but might hold back until i hear some good news for both programs.

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
Google know people are on two year update cycles... They support Nexus devices for two years! They'll be looking for something to replace an N4 - even if its just an announcement around November surely...
Happy to wait till then. The plumetting price of g2 is an interesting one though. Shame there's no GPe for it...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SurlyDuff

Nov 26, 2010
Honestly? This year's pretty tricky. I know I'm going to upgrade relatively soon, but I'm looking at the new iPhone fairly seriously (especially with the rumored 4.7" screen) for the first time since I left iOS in 2010. The rumored iPhone 6 is currently slightly behind the rumored Moto X+1, with the rumored Nexus 6 sitting in third. Obviously this could all change with actual information, but for now I just don't know.

I love the unlocked bootloader/root and everything that comes with it, but I'm also tired of the ****ty battery and the mediocre camera. The Nexus 5, though obviously better than the 4, again seemed relatively mediocre compared to its competition with regards to both. I'm afraid the same will be true with the Nexus 6, though obviously I'm hopeful that it doesn't fall into the same trap that every Nexus device does.

Roastmeat

Apr 4, 2012
Mississauga
Honestly? This year's pretty tricky. I know I'm going to upgrade relatively soon, but I'm looking at the new iPhone fairly seriously (especially with the rumored 4.7" screen) for the first time since I left iOS in 2010. The rumored iPhone 6 is currently slightly behind the rumored Moto X+1, with the rumored Nexus 6 sitting in third. Obviously this could all change with actual information, but for now I just don't know.

I love the unlocked bootloader/root and everything that comes with it, but I'm also tired of the ****ty battery and the mediocre camera. The Nexus 5, though obviously better than the 4, again seemed relatively mediocre compared to its competition with regards to both. I'm afraid the same will be true with the Nexus 6, though obviously I'm hopeful that it doesn't fall into the same trap that every Nexus device does.

well for the price of an iPhone you get:
1 nexus 5 = 2 year lifetime
1 nexus 6 = 2 year lifetime

versus
1 iPhone 6 = 2 year lifetime

If you're comparing iPhones with cheap androids (nexus or moto line) then it's not fair. You have to compare to equally budgeted devices like HTC One M7/M8, Samsung Galaxy S6?, LG's new superstar etc...

They will have comparable cameras and better screens

SurlyDuff

Nov 26, 2010

versus

If you're comparing iPhones with cheap androids (nexus or moto line) then it's not fair. You have to compare to equally budgeted devices like HTC One M7/M8, Samsung Galaxy S6?, LG's new superstar etc...

I bought the GSM Galaxy Nexus for $650 (maybe ~$100 less than the iPhone in Canada) and didn't get a good camera and battery. I'm not really using price as a consideration because it's not really irrelevant to my needs (though obviously a consideration for a lot of people). On Android, I want a good camera and battery, regardless of price, along with an unlocked bootloader, easy root, stock Android, and quick updates. The whole reason I skipped the Nexus 5 was because it didn't deliver that.

Galaxy S5, HTC One, etc. don't deliver that. The developer editions do, but again they have tradeoffs compared to the official ones (picture quality being the biggest concern, battery life also worse based on reports). If Android Silver can deliver that, I'm also interested. I'm just explaining why I'm looking at the iPhone and have no interest in convincing anybody else to...so there's that:p

Edit: Quick question, but where did you get the 2-year lifetime warranty for the Nexus 5? The Nexus 4 only has a 1-year warranty...I know because mine ran out and I was looking to get the audio jack replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

versus

I have the money for a nexus 5, but I love how the n4 looks and how good it still runs, I'll be waiting for the next nexus or google play device, hopefully 64bit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Jeez still rumor up to this point. Wait till official news from google

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Where there is smoke, there is fire :p
    Let's wait until there's an official announcement before we discuss this

Closed