[MOD] Disable 01:02 clock flip in Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Search This thread

cichy3000

Feb 10, 2008
great work ! ... works fine on SEX1 Touch X 10.8.2... WM6.1 Manila 2.1.1919

thank you very much ;D

letsgoflyers81

Jun 25, 2007
I'm unable to overwrite the file as well. I've tried using Resco Explorer and Total Commander but it's not working. The file's attributes show read only so I uncheck the box which should allow it to be overwritten. As soon as I press OK if I check the attributes again the file is back to read only. I've changed attributes on plenty of files and have never seen this. I'm running Energy ROM 21864 with Manila 2.5 on my Sprint Touch Pro 2. I've disabled Manila and soft reset, but no matter what I do I can't make the file not read only.

empeka

Aug 18, 2009
Radom
ignore the attributes, just try to copy file. you should get warning that you're trying to overwrite system file, confirm and everything should be ok

letsgoflyers81

Jun 25, 2007
Just got it working, thank you! I originally tried to overwrite the file on my PC when connected via Activesync and it wouldn't work. But I used Resco and that copied it without a problem. This is awesome!

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock
does this mod just change the clock animation and leave the weather animation the way it is? if it just disables the flipping but leaves the weather stuff that would be awesome!

dwizzy130

Nov 14, 2007
Not working for me on my own custom ROM. Manila 2.5 build 1920 VGA.
Clock displays 0:00 constantly.

dwizzy130

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock
nm i just tried it haha...yea it did the same thing for me as well....with the 0:00 i fixed it by clicking on the clock and going into the alarm settings and then going back. then it worked fine.

edit: when i re-boot i goes back to 0:00 and have to go into alarm settings to fix...anyway to fix the reboot issue?

Last edited:

empeka

Aug 18, 2009
Radom
nm i just tried it haha...yea it did the same thing for me as well....with the 0:00 i fixed it by clicking on the clock and going into the alarm settings and then going back. then it worked fine.

edit: when i re-boot i goes back to 0:00 and have to go into alarm settings to fix...anyway to fix the reboot issue?

can you provide unpatched file from that manila release?

tcchuin

Dec 25, 2008
any way to make this mod work on manilla 2d v2?
the version of manilla 2d has the same problem.

empeka

Aug 18, 2009
Radom
technically, yes.
but due to manila 2.0 implementation (everything compiled in one file) it's difficult both in patching (requires disassembly and deep analysis) and distributing as well.
but that's just my opinion based on few minutes spent on analysing tf2d oem package. maybe there is an easier way.

jhe@htc

Mar 4, 2009

if the clock updates one minute, then the normal time should be there. imo its not a critical bug. i can live with it :)

letsgoflyers81

Jun 25, 2007
I came across one issue with this. If I leave the Manila home tab while the clock is in the middle of flipping then it gets stuck between minutes until the minute changes again. It doesn't matter if I'm opening an application or just going to a different Manila tab, it freezes the clock in between minutes.

tcchuin

Dec 25, 2008
technically, yes.
but due to manila 2.0 implementation (everything compiled in one file) it's difficult both in patching (requires disassembly and deep analysis) and distributing as well.
but that's just my opinion based on few minutes spent on analysing tf2d oem package. maybe there is an easier way.

hope it's possible,that 'feature' made me not to use tf2d.

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock
yea umm he asked me for the unpatched manila file which i provided. there are manila editors floating around here which i am pretty sure can open this file. i dont know how to edit manila files and i dont claim to.

empeka

Aug 18, 2009
Radom

Attachments

• 5fa4d4b7_manila.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In recent releases of manila HTC introduced feature that forces digital clock to go back one hour and two minutes to play animation everytime you display home screen.

Some people like that while others don't. So if you want to get rid of this unnecessary animation (leaving `standard` flip when time really changes) here is the way:

CAB method
    Simply download and install cab file corresponding to your manila version.

ZIP method
    Download modified file for your version of manila (see below).
    Disable TF3D (or HTC Sense) in Today settings.
    Backup file you're gonna overwrite in next step (just in case;)
    Unpack downloaded file to windows directory on your device (replace original).
    Enable TF3D in today settings.

If TF3D doesn't start within few seconds, do a softreset.
    If TF3D still won't start, restore your original file.

2.1 WVGA: ZIP CAB
    2.5 WVGA: ZIP CAB
    2.5 VGA: ZIP CAB
    stock AT&T Tilt2: ZIP CAB

Notes:
    I'm not a flashing freak, so the only rom i tested it myself is TESS, therefore i cannot guarantee it will work on your device. However i see modified files spreading around forums and many people says it's working.
    If you're unlucky and provided file doesn't match your manila, you may still try to patch yours with my online patcher (still experimental)

buy me a shelby gt 350 ;]

_
    anyone got a solution? :(

a very nice user (Don't remember his/her name) posted an edited version of the manila file that let's you change the enabling and disabling of the clock flip through the registry. I simply put it in a cab for you.

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
    "DisableMinuteFlip"=dword:0 ;0 to enable minute flip 1 to disable minute flip
    "DisableDoubleFlip"=dword:0 ;0 to enable hour and minute flip 1 to disable hour and minute flip

Upon installing this cab, you should get the flip clock back. Changing the registry entries should disable it.