[Q] help Updating from ics 2,35 to ICS 4.0

Search This thread

seiko82

Mar 25, 2014
hi guys

I'm new here a novice still learning all that android systems can offer...

i have recently purchased the xtrons TD718A which works perfectly currently running the android 2.3.5 software.

I'm wondering if i can update it to the ICS 4.0?

xtrons have released there new version of the stereo i have TD728A which is running the 4.0 software. the unit is exact same spec as my unit.

i have gone as far as getting hold of the original software my unit comes with as well as the new software for the TD728A but I'm having trouble installing.

it comes up with the following error when i try to install...

error in tmp sideload package.zip == crane_C12R1-ota-20131104
(status7)

from my understanding xtrons have locked the unit causing this issue but like i said I'm a novice so there may be a way around it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited:

eatsleep

Jun 29, 2013
hi guys

I'm new here a novice still learning all that android systems can offer...

i have recently purchased the xtrons TD718A which works perfectly currently running the android 2.3.5 software.

I'm wondering if i can update it to the ICS 4.0?

xtrons have released there new version of the stereo i have TD728A which is running the 4.0 software. the unit is exact same spec as my unit.

i have gone as far as getting hold of the original software my unit comes with as well as the new software for the TD728A but I'm having trouble installing.

it comes up with the following error when i try to install...

error in tmp sideload package.zip == crane_C12R1-ota-20131104
(status7)

from my understanding xtrons have locked the unit causing this issue but like i said I'm a novice so there may be a way around it.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Installing someone else's roms is not advisable until you are 100% sure that all the partitions specs match