Nexus s cannot start

Search This thread

tnmthai

Jun 10, 2014
www.mientayshare.com
Can anyone help me???

When I turn on my nexus s, it starts CyanogenMod (loop screen).
attachment.php

When I turn on to fastboot mode, I cannot use Volume up/down to choose menu.
(view attach file)

What do I do now?

Thanks a lot,
Thai

Last edited:

makanorang12

Nov 4, 2012
Just try use nexus root tool kit maybe bootloop Irish usually corrupt flash file or kernel not compatible

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

tnmthai

Jun 10, 2014
www.mientayshare.com
Just try use nexus root tool kit maybe bootloop Irish usually corrupt flash file or kernel not compatible

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Thanks for your comments.
I try many ways and apps but I cannot.
I think the reasons is my pc cannot connect to the phone. I use "adb devices" command it shows "unauthorized".
In fastboot mode, my pc cannot see the phone.

I try all drivers that I know but it still the same.
I do not know USB debugging mode is enable or not.

Last edited:

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
Thanks for your comments.
I try many ways and apps but I cannot.
I think the reasons is my pc cannot connect to the phone. I use "adb devices" command it shows "unauthorized".
In fastboot mode, my pc cannot see the phone.

I try all drivers that I know but it still the same.
I do not know USB debugging mode is enable or not.

Remove all the drivers and just install one driver. I recommend PDANet drivers.

tnmthai

Jun 10, 2014
www.mientayshare.com
Apart from the volume buttons, does the power button work in bootloader mode? I mean even you can't move up/ down, you can still activate "reboot bootloader" in bootloader screen by pushing the power button.

Thanks Digimon04,
Yes, I can use power button.
If there is in fastboot, after rebooting it goes back to fastboot.
If I remove battery and press only power button, it goes to CyanogenMod.

I cannot do anything else.

Thanks all,

digimon04

Mar 27, 2012
Thanks Digimon04,
Yes, I can use power button.
If there is in fastboot, after rebooting it goes back to fastboot.
If I remove battery and press only power button, it goes to CyanogenMod.

I cannot do anything else.

Thanks all,

That means fastboot is working correctly. Did you install Nexus Root Toolkit as suggested in #2?

Inside Nexus Root Toolkit, choose correct phone model and then launch advanced utilities. Navigate to the quick tools and select fastboot-bootloader. Press List devices to ensure that your device is recognized by the PC. Go back and you can flash stock or other ROMs. If your device is not recognized by the PC, you could follow the instruction from the Nexus Root Toolkit to remove and re-install the driver.

Last but not least, I'm afraid you couldn't use adb command in bootloader since the system is not on.

Last edited:

tnmthai

Jun 10, 2014
www.mientayshare.com
That means fastboot is working correctly. Did you install Nexus Root Toolkit as suggested in #2?

Inside Nexus Root Toolkit, choose correct phone model and then launch advanced utilities. Navigate to the quick tools and select fastboot-bootloader. Press List devices to ensure that your device is recognized by the PC. Go back and you can flash stock or other ROMs. If your device is not recognized by the PC, you could follow the instruction from the Nexus Root Toolkit to remove and re-install the driver.

Last but not least, I'm afraid you couldn't use adb command in bootloader since the system is not on.

Thanks.
As I mentioned before. In fastboot mode, my pc cannot see the phone. I use "adb devices" command it shows no device.
In CyanogenMod mode (just start screen loop), my pc can see the nexus s but I use "adb devices" command it shows "unauthorized".

I also use Nexus Root Toolkit for device list or somethings you said..
Any idea else ?

Thanks all.

Last edited:

digimon04

Mar 27, 2012
Thanks.
As I mentioned before. In fastboot mode, my pc cannot see the phone. I use "adb devices" command it shows no device.
In CyanogenMod mode (just start screen loop), my pc can see the nexus s but I use "adb devices" command it shows "unauthorized".

I also use Nexus Root Toolkit for device list or somethings you said..
Any idea else ?

Thanks all.

As your phone can't boot into system, adb won't work. Without the volume buttons, you can't get into custom recovery.
Your phone can only go to bootloader and therefore, fastboot is the only option. If your computer can't see the phone, try replace the USB cable or plug into another USB port. If that still won't work, probably driver on PC might not be loaded correctly. Mere re-installation of driver won't help. I have done it once in the past. You have to pick out all relevant drivers in USBdeview before re-install the driver where Nexus Root Toolkit provide a complete guide.

You may try to press reboot/ reboot bootloader/ reboot recovery under quick tools in advanced utilities of NRT.(remember to select fastboot - bootlaoder). If your phone responds to it, that means driver is loaded and PC can communicate with the phone. You need to make fastboot work before you can do anything to rescue your phone.

tnmthai

Jun 10, 2014
www.mientayshare.com
As your phone can't boot into system, adb won't work. Without the volume buttons, you can't get into custom recovery.
Your phone can only go to bootloader and therefore, fastboot is the only option. If your computer can't see the phone, try replace the USB cable or plug into another USB port. If that still won't work, probably driver on PC might not be loaded correctly. Mere re-installation of driver won't help. I have done it once in the past. You have to pick out all relevant drivers in USBdeview before re-install the driver where Nexus Root Toolkit provide a complete guide.

You may try to press reboot/ reboot bootloader/ reboot recovery under quick tools in advanced utilities of NRT.(remember to select fastboot - bootlaoder). If your phone responds to it, that means driver is loaded and PC can communicate with the phone. You need to make fastboot work before you can do anything to rescue your phone.

Many thanks for your guide. I will do it as you said.
But I am busy this week, I will do it next week.

Thanks a lot.

vobiscum

Jun 27, 2014
Can anyone help me???

When I turn on my nexus s, it starts CyanogenMod (loop screen).
attachment.php

When I turn on to fastboot mode, I cannot use Volume up/down to choose menu.
(view attach file)

What do I do now?

Thanks a lot,
Thai

use fastboot and try to return stock (4.1.2) or check your power button, sometimes it's