[APP] ViPER4Android Audio Effects

Search This thread

Major Pain

Jan 11, 2008
Could someone post some decent setups for this Mod? There are a vast amount of options and combinations thus it can be hard to narrow down good settings.

Last edited:

horrorBec

Sep 12, 2013
Could someone post some decent setups for this Mod? There are a vast amount of options and combinations thus it can be hard to narrow down good settings.

Download V4A HiFi for minimal setup. (Easy and not as many options)

Download V4A FX for ultimate set up (more options)
This includes the convolver set up (this is used with IRS samples to give you a wide variety of sounds including HTC Beats Audio, all IRS samples can be found with the download of V4A FX zip.

Make sure you extract the samples to Viper4All/Kernel/ (here)

And if you're on 4.3 flash latest SuperSU
To correctly install the drivers.

Set ups can also be found on the original V4A page. But ultimately its up to you and what you think sounds good for your ears.

A little FYI: if you're using PowerAmp, disable direct sound from setting to be able to hear the difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

finneginsfast

Mar 6, 2011
BC
SGS3 is the dualcore so its the "All other Dual-core,Quad-core,Octa-core with freq higher than 800MHz, choose "CortexA9/15 with NEON"
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon
CPU Dual-core 1.5 GHz

poweramp-I had to enable MusicFX and disable DVC in Poweramp to make it work with compatability mode in Viper set to Compatible.
Are you saying to use the CortexA9/15 with NEON becuase the way I understand this is, and I quote from OP "All Qualcomm/Snapdragon with freq higher than 800MHz, regardless of cores, choose "CortexA8 with NEON""

mletchworth

Dec 16, 2010
STL
I just installed this app. Take note: the version in the play store right now is v2.2. Version 2.3 is available in the main XDA thread.

First opinion is it makes quite a difference. I especially like the "beats pro+beats.irs" impulse response. I don't know what all of them are, but that one sounds pretty good to me.

Can anyone else recommend some good impulse response files to try?

tyrantsbane

Jun 26, 2012
Love this mod. Makes my music sound AMAZING. Few of my friends get super jelly when they hear how great my music sounds

Greycloak42

Feb 25, 2011
I had trouble installing the driver on the latest pacman nightlies. Superuser it's integrated and I saw no option to update the su binary. I ended up installing supersu and letting that flash an updated binary. Root was temporarily broken until I uninstalled supersu. Once I did that the driver installed flawlessly.

T

TheParadox

I installed the FX version, played around with some of those IRS samples, I can't really say this makes my music sound any better. You can change the way it sounds but I wouldn't call it mind blowing or an improvement. p.s I tested it with some of my favorite albums in FLAC for a few hours.

paluinfusion

May 24, 2012
I tried this a little Adi on different ROM and I did see significant sound improvements.

Now on slim ROM. And don't see any effect. Below us the screen shot
What am I missing ?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382558436134.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382558436134.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 492

elinca247

May 1, 2011
Did you edit these two lines in ur build prop to false like seen below. The read true and need to be changed.

lpa.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=false

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Mojar7070

Jan 25, 2013
Hello,

I need some help installing this app correctly and making the improvements stick. I have GS3 i747 ATT with Task650 4.3.1 with KT kernel. Here's what I have done.

1. DL viper Zip file and extracted
2. Installed APK as system app.
3. Opened app and install driver: High Audio Quality. (Did not reboot immediately)
4. change Ipa.decode=true to lpa.decode=false (could not find the rest of the build.prop lines)
5. change sound>music effect>viper4android
6. reboot

After reboot.
1. I use es file explorer to play music
2. open viper app. initially the improvements will stick. (when they do, it sounds great)
3. close app and music. Do something random like going #1.
4. start music and viper again. then none of the viper improvements will stick.

Ive tried all or a combination of these:
fixing permission, clear cache, dalvik cache. uninstalled and installed again. Installed Chainfire SU. chose different driver.

Help please....

Mojar7070

Jan 25, 2013
Did you try installing as user-app or use it with other players? If anything I'd try flashing it right after flashing a different rom just to check if its not the rom itself

Yeah, tried both of those as well. Even went to the playstore to install that version and still not sticking. What I don't get is that it works initially after an install or right after a reboot. Then when I close out of it, and it apply the sound settings when I restart the app.

Also, Whats even more frustrating is that I've already installed this app on my atrix 4g (used as an ipod) and MAN!!! it sounds so good. tried it through my Bose headset, car audio and home stereo.

Anyways, maybe it wasn't meant to be. Thanks again for the replies.

laughingT

Oct 30, 2011
Oakland, CA
Google Pixel 6a
Sound is awesome. Maybe as good as supercurio's voodoo on the captivate was.

I've noticed that this app has some assumptions about file paths that may not match all roms.
My settings stick, but when I try to use the backup settings feature, I get a very super brief toast message about path not found. It doesn't stay on the screen as long as a typical toast message. I've got the settings backed up with tibu, so no big prob.

I'm running 4.3, cm10.2.1. Anybody else have trouble with backing up settings?

Last edited:

Kastro1784

Apr 13, 2008
Landover Md
facebook.com
This app screwed up my sound on my AT&T galaxy s3 I had to send my phone samsung support to fix it. The first time i installed it worked fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

laughingT

Oct 30, 2011
Oakland, CA
Google Pixel 6a
After a few days trying to run super high quality mode, 48000x2, and finder the driver status hung, that is processing=no after a few minutes of music, I uninstalled and reinstalled driver, set to high quality, 41000x2, and voila, and lock headset mode in Viper, and it's very stable. This is friggin great sound on CM10.2.1, and SIII + V4A + Skull Candy ear buds!

Update, a few days later; I spoke too soon.
V4A keeps hanging and stops processing audio with every music and audio app I've tried various configs etc. Even in FX mode, it doesn't do more than cm dsp manager, IMHO.

So, I've given up on v4a. Installed poweramp, paid the license after a few days use. Quality/controls as good as, or better than, voodoo sound on the old captivate.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not the Dev nor I am a paid user. I am just relaying my experience on this app on my I747.
    All I have say is that this APP blows everything out of the water. Not just your average Effect processor it goes FAR and beyond.
    I can go on about it all, but you guys can click on the link and read more. I now enjoy my S3 for listening to music 300% more.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

About ViPER's Audio
    ViPER's Audio is an audio enhancing software to provide everyone with better audio experiences in various platforms such as smartphones and PCs.

ViPER's Audio is founded by Euphy Wong (ViPER520). ViPER's Audio has been a popular audio mod in China. Recently, co-founder Zhu Hang extended the popularity globally through xda-developers forum. It has gained fame and made its stand in the audio mod field.

ViPER's Audio made great improvements in Bass with its dynamic bass system and ViPER Bass. ViPER's Audio also outshines in terms of Clarity with its unique ViPER Clarity and XHiFi technology. Surround sound had never been enough until the presence of field surround, differential surround or haas effect and Virtual Headphone Surround+.

Talking about audio effect, nothing is more significant than convolution. Being the first audio mod to have Convolver makes ViPER's Audio a must for effect lovers. Convolver lets you load technically any impulse response sample you have.

ViPER's Audio is concern with user's auditory health too. Auditory Protection System with the one and only Cure Tech+ reduces your ears' stress and keep you ready for longer duration of pounding musics.
    Appreciate you sharing this. I've been trying to install this since u linked it in the PA thread.
    If possible, could you give me a little step by step on how you got it up and running?
    I'm on Carbon 4.3 nightly.

Did u make any build.prop edits? Are u on the 4.3 version now since it was updated yesterday? Are you running this as a system app? I can get everything installed including drivers, but something is just not installing correctly cause when I make adjustments to the Fire Equalizer there just isn't any change in audio. So something is a miss for me.

Thanks again.
    All of these audio processors can only do so much with a lossy format, such as mp3 and others. If one truly wants a better listening experience, they should download FLAC files.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Appreciate you sharing this. I've been trying to install this since u linked it in the PA thread.
    If possible, could you give me a little step by step on how you got it up and running?
    I'm on Carbon 4.3 nightly.

Did u make any build.prop edits? Are u on the 4.3 version now since it was updated yesterday? Are you running this as a system app? I can get everything installed including drivers, but something is just not installing correctly cause when I make adjustments to the Fire Equalizer there just isn't any change in audio. So something is a miss for me.

Thanks again.

download the 4.3 apk download drop it into system/app 0644 permission reboot then install 9/15 with neon(something like that dont know exact verbatum) reboot again and done , jus make sure any existing audio processor is removed DSP, AWESOMEBeats, KingBeatz etc
    SGS3 is the dualcore so its the "All other Dual-core,Quad-core,Octa-core with freq higher than 800MHz, choose "CortexA9/15 with NEON"
    Chipset Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon
    CPU Dual-core 1.5 GHz

poweramp-I had to enable MusicFX and disable DVC in Poweramp to make it work with compatability mode in Viper set to Compatible.