[ROM][4.4.2 TW] Community Rom

Search This thread

phonetec

Dec 4, 2009
I don't know if you already know or if I've flashed the updated rom wrong but I found your Alpha-2 download. I flashed it but can't get past the setup. the touchwiz homescreen fcs when you hit finish. I'm going to try dirty flashing over Alpha-1 and see if that helps any.

Question.....where did you find the download?

michael85tx

Jun 3, 2014
no still a bust on the touchwiz it still fc but fyi it ran a bit better it even said system update successful. You can access everything but the homescreen, figured you knew about it since you didn't post the link yet. but I love the boot animation it's pretty awesome

matttrout22

Nov 2, 2010
Hagerstown
ne2 update

Should I flash the full ne2 one click update then flash phillz recovery and flash a rom, or does it matter if I have the new bootloader, also where can I find the one click full restore? It disappeared

Last edited:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Should I flash the full ne2 one click update then flash phillz recovery and flash a rom, or does it matter if I have the new bootloader, also where can I find the one click full restore? It disappeared

You can flash this without updating to NE2.

i found alpha 2 on goo, but its only 87mb. thats probably why its not going past the setup. im kinda suprised it even got that far.

no still a bust on the touchwiz it still fc but fyi it ran a bit better it even said system update successful. You can access everything but the homescreen, figured you knew about it since you didn't post the link yet. but I love the boot animation it's pretty awesome

Yes that build got issues and why the link is not public yet. Very soon I will post the link.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: davesbest

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
This is going to be my first time making this big a jump between Android versions, with those SD changes and such. Is it safe to reinstall my Titanium backups from a 4.3 Rom? I transferred all user apps to internal memory before making them.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Well you should be able to restore most of the app data but I would suggest installing all the apps fresh. Some apps can be a little bit different on different versions of android.

Beta 2.0 is now in the OP. DING! DING! COME AND GET IT!! DING!

Last edited:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I will start working on the N3 features tomorrow. So we should have a beta build in a few days. Please test everything you can on the alpha and let me know what does not work. Also if you find anything you want added let me know. I have given chaz the core files to start the themed version. We have been talking about a blue and white version. it will look a little like the attached pictures. The pictures are from a 4.3 rom so it wont be exactly the same but just a reference.

Attachments

• dropdown.jpg
    dropdown.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 531
  • settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 540

skye206

Jun 19, 2011
Dover De
I will start working on the N3 features tomorrow. So we should have a beta build in a few days. Please test everything you can on the alpha and let me know what does not work. Also if you find anything you want added let me know. I have given chaz the core files to start the themed version. We have been talking about a blue and white version. it will look a little like the attached pictures. The pictures are from a 4.3 rom so it wont be exactly the same but just a reference.

I may have to come back to the world of touch wiz to see what missing. I see you guys have been busy over here.
Are there any audio or kernels mods in this ROM ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I may have to come back to the world of touch wiz to see what missing. I see you guys have been busy over here.
Are there any audio or kernels mods in this ROM ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

No major mods yet. This is just a start up project. The S5-FEAT (different thread) does have a audio mods and sounds louder. Later releases will get more tweaks. I am trying to get a buddy to do a little tweaking to the stock kernel but nothing is set yet.

Reactions: Mdknight

timezone12

Feb 27, 2010
Here is an old fashion audio mod turn volume up all the way and put the phone face down in a metal pot sounds 10 times louder this is what I do for the alarm clock lol sounds silly but it works

Reactions: jktenor

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Here is an old fashion audio mod turn volume up all the way and put the phone face down in a metal pot sounds 10 times louder this is what I do for the alarm clock lol sounds silly but it works

Or drop it it a large Mc D's cup (after it has been drunk and dried).

Reactions: jktenor and Chaz187

evolving

Jun 1, 2011
knoxville
Alpha 2 lookin pretty good here boss..had a force close on Internet but did a cache and dalvic wipe hasn't happened again.

Running smooth so far. I'm letting Google install the apps from backup before hitting up Titanium for anything left out.

The link for the wifi fix isn't working. I have the file from previous use (fouled up my phone, so I went back to an older stock before re-rooting and installing the rom)...but I don't remember the instructions. Does anyone know which spot on Odin to run the fix through? I assume PDA, but wanted to ask before I foul things up again.

UPDATE: Nevermind. I finally found it. Pda it is.

Thanks in advance and thanks for such a great rom. I'm looking forward to more.

Last edited:
Reactions: killian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay everyone looks like my time tables for everything has changed. Yall know I have many projects I am working on but like normal like takes turns all the time and now is one of those turns in my life. While this is a wonderful turn it will also limit my time on projects. So I am cutting things down a bunch I will get a good build of beanstalk 4.4.4 going then finish up the Community Rom (N3 features (air command) along with S5 features (Ultra powersaver, Toolbox, and hopefully Download booster)). DN3 will most likely get dropped but I should be able to do the last update to S5-FEAT (fixing spen clip, toolbox, and other minor things) and then try to get tw 4.4.2 MIUI out (ported from the N3 so it has working air command!!). Then get my last special project (well sort of mine) finished and out. All the other AOSP roms I put out will most likely get left behind also.

So far those wanting to know what has changed... Well two big things have happened. I am getting married (which some of yall already know) but also just found out that I am also getting a new member to the family!! Looks like nature has done her thing and blessed us with a new baby (some 9 months from now)!!
    Okay lets get this out of the way now. You need to post what release you are on when you report issues. There are many different releases and I cant/wont help you if you dont give me the information I need to help you.

FYI: I will not add native hotspot hack. There is a published mod on how to do it yourself. The reason why is below.

Sprint says if you want to tether then you must pay an additional fee for it. It is in your sprint contract if you want to look it up. Almost all mobile providers do this.

Read this which is what you agreeded to by getting service from Sprint.

https://manage.sprintpcs.com/output/en_US/manage/MyPhoneandPlan/ChangePlans/popLegalTermsPrivacy.htm

Now they may not file charges and just terminate your service. It is in there power and right to file legal charges if they want to.

For users with power off charging issue!

You will need to upgrade your bootloader to NE2 for the power off charging to work. This will also give you a tripped Knox counter in download mode and void your warranty but if you flashed this or any other rom that you have already voided you warranty.

Another simple OP for now.

What is Community Rom. Well it is my own personal project that will take any and all help from our L900 users. I have started with the stock NE2 rom and will slowly evolve it into a S5/N3 rom. It will have all kinds of fixes, mods, tweaks, and themes from anyone who want to help.

Where the rom is right now.
    Well the first Alpha release is basic. Pure stock NE2 except for the S5 systemUI.apk and root. I even forgot to remove KNOX in the first alpha. The stock samsung kb is giving constant FC's. Just push through the setup and then change to swipe kb (preinstalled) or whichever keyboard you like (the LG Keyboards do not work).

Please use Philz 6.07.9 recovery...
    http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/l900

Flashing Instructions
    1. Download rom and verify MD5sum
    2. Place rom on phone (if not already)
    3. Backup anything you need/want that is in your internal sdcard
    3. Backup current rom
    4. Factory reset/Format for new rom
    5. Under mounts choose format /data /data/media (this is your internal sdcard)
    6. Reboot into recovery
    7. Flash rom and reboot

The first boot will take a long time so please wait. Also the phone will be a little sluggish for awhile (it has to setup itself).

If you have not taken the 4.3 or 4.4.2 OTA/ODIN and not flashed the wifi fix you will need to do so to be able to use wifi. This file must be flashed via Pc and Odin only. It will not work with mobile Odin.
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358548565 -- this version is not compressed just flash it as is

Thanks to:

xda -- with out this forum I would not be able to do any of this
    xda university -- giving me a huge knowledge base to draw off of
    garwynn -- posted the tar which is the base for all my work
    Chaz187 -- helping with more than I can list and being a great member of this community
    lorjay589 -- always willing to help with anything I have a question about and giving so much to this community
    samsung -- for making such a crappy version of 4.4.2 without that there would be no need for any custom versions lol! (sorry had to poke some fun)

My great group of testers -- they help get the really big issues found -- this way yall only have minor annoyances instead of major problems @Currykun @eg62011
    @jrebo
    @Leoisright
    @rezistrat @ColeTrain!
    @mrwright83 @ianmb @DJ IZZY
    @jay2149

Any thanks to everyone who uses and gives feedback. This is a community project and is shaped by all the users.
    If I forgot someone please dont be offended my mind is all over the place and I forget lots of things. Just hit me up and I will make sure you get your credits.
    Change Logs and Links

Quick bit of info on the roms below. Any release with a + (like 3.2+) will be themed by Chaz187. If no + (like 3.2) then it is stock theme.

Change Logs

Alpha 1.0 6-15-14

Created Base from official tar and deodexed it
    Added Root
    Added S5 systemUI

Alpha 2.0 06-16-14
    Major Changes need a clean flash
    Added S5 Stuff
    launcher
    Photo Editor
    Browser
    Camera
    Dialer & contacts
    Keyboard
    Mail
    Multiwindow
    Music
    Gallery
    Quick Connect
    Sfinder
    Svoice
    Clocks
    Splanner
    Calculator
    DownloadUI
    Taskmanager (recents)
    Voicenote
    Fonts
    Media folder (bootanimation/sounds)
    MyFiles

Sdcard fix
    Screen mirroring fix
    Swapped out hiddenmenu.apk
    Changes to CSC (enabled a bunch of options Sprint disabled)

Alpha 3.0 6-18-14
    Again clean install is needed
    reverted to stock N2 camera
    S5 launcher
    S5 MMS (please test MMS, I have one user who confirmed send and receive)
    Changed S5 My Files apk (should work now)
    S5 keyboard (last release actually did not have S5 version)
    Used different hiddenmenu.apk
    Changed VoiceNote
    S5 voice command
    changed to S5 download manager
    S5 SNote
    S5 keyguard (lockscreen)
    S5 video player
    changed to stock sprint S5 bootanimation (feedback please)

Hopefully most of the issues are now knocked out

Alpha 3.1
    6-25-14
    Fixed personal ringtones
    Added in Magazine home
    Added in modified hiddenmenu.apk (forgot on last release)
    4 way reboot menu added

Alpha 3.2+
    6-28-14
    Changed out s5 browser (hopefully fixes random closes)
    Changed out s5 email (fixes fc when changing notification sound)
    Changed out Lockscreen and widgets (fixed lockscreen notifications)
    Changed out s5 launcher
    Changed out s5 music
    Added firewall widget
    Moved more apps to /data/app

Added some goodies I will not tell you about but you will notice right away!!

Beta 1.0
    Started fresh with my new NE2 source
    As far as the rest it is all the same apks as alpha 3.2
    air command
    pen window
    n2 settings menu
    other things I dont remember because I forgot to do change log LOL

Beta 1.1
    Fixed all air commands
    fixed spen window
    added quad multi windows (have to start in landscape mode)
    fixed S5 browser
    changed launcher (Using VNteam auto rotation launcher)
    has custom devil kernel preinstalled along with devil tools (compiled with 4.10 toolchain)
    has generic boot animation (anyone want to create one? normal bootanimation.zip format)
    Dont ask about themed version when/if done it will be posted

Known Issues

Alpha 1.0
    Samsung Keyboard FC's constantly

Alpha 2.0
    It does have ART option but does not work YET!
    No other issues I know of (keyboard is fixed)

Alpha 3.0
    Spen clipping not working
    Personal ringtones for contacts not working

Alpha 3.1
    Spen clipping is not working
    Cant change email ringtone
    no lockscreen notifications

Alpha 3.2/3.2+
    Spen clipping is not working

Beta 1.0
    Spen clipping is still not working
    MMS may not send for everyone
    Pen window not working

Beta 1.1
    after every boot you will seen android is upgrading (still not figured out what the cause is)
    Spen clipping (yeah go figure I have not fixed it yet)
    MMS may not send for everyone
    Signature Lock is not working

Links
    Well guys two bits of info. Beta 1.1 will need to be flashed clean. I am running it dirty over 1.0 and get many short hangs. While it is not ready for release just yet it is not far. Second I am working on something super special that will deley all progress on any of my projects. It is an update to devil kernel!! Got permission to update it to work with tw 4.4.2. Not sure yet if I will be able to keep tw 4.3 support but aosp 4.3-4.4.4 will still be there.

So hopefully we will have a custom kernel!!!

I'm very close to completing a new & improved Hybrid TV ROM. I've used files from the Note 3 and S5 so basically it is is Sprint version of the Verizon DN3 ROM, only I'm not porting Verizon framework, I'm using Sprint variant files and NE2 base. As JLMancuso is mainly focused on AOSP right now, development for Community ROM will likely not be at the top of his list. Look for a new ROM thread once I feel it's virtually 100% bug free.... very close to being done. It will be an "as is" ROM meaning I will not add or theme it. That can be done by others and they can post themes in the apps & themes forums. You're all in for a treat. Im on it... just be patient.