[ROM] Inc-Classic Evo4G Port v1.3 1/4/12

Search This thread

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Here's the Evo 4G Classic ROM that I ported thanks to the dev's here on XDA. Still needs some work, but its overall functional. Big thanks totommytomatoe for the ROM. Also thanks to WildStang83's porting guilde, wdfowty, ,NilsP, newtoroot, gatormark, and JoelZ9614 to make this port possible.

Need to disable some roaming stuff in wireless networks and set your rosie preferences in settings under Classic Tweeks.

The "roaming stuff," lol, is in Wireless & Networks, Mobile networks, and uncheck "Call guard". The roaming should be set to Sprint roaming, not automatic. Automatic will drain your battery.

Big thanks to jermaine151's kernel.

Here's the features:
* Rosie semi-Ghost Edition - with on-the-fly Tweaks Remapping for Left and Right Buttons
* Apks Unique and Optimized
* Smali Debugging Removed
* Statusbar Tweaks, by Romanbb
* CRT On/Off - able to toggle on/off
* Quick Settings
* CIQ Removed
* Trackpad Wake n Unlock
* Screen Capture (Power+Home)
* Build.prop tweeks for optimization

12/23/11 v1-beta3
New update with YouTube fix thanks to joelz n new2root. Full wipe required!

12/24/11 v1-beta4 Mms fixed thanks to Joelz.

12/27/11 v1.0
Out of beta stag, changed to jermaine151 kernel. Semi-ghost rosie now.

12/30/11 v1.1
Fixed Screen shoot not working.
Updated Rom from tommytomatoe's newest update. Changes include, Integrated Classic, Tweaks with battery bar settings,
Added Extended Quick Settings - Thanks skyraider for original code.
Maybe more I cannot remember.

1/3/12
Update v1.2 ready with emmc 2 pc fix with music. Finally fixed! :)
Added more animation to battery when charging.

1/4/12 v1.3
*Update with Emmc Music fix. Breaks camera saving to emmc. Use other mod to save camera to emmc, which after flashed allows music to emmc also.
*Updated build.prop for tommytomatoe's updates from app classic updater on rom.
*Added wifi tether app.
*Did some theming for menu icons. Others things I can't remember.

To Flash:
FULL WIPE FOR V1.3, wipe system also!

Download Here for latest ROM updates <--------Click here for ROM

If you need pics saved to Emmc, flash this Mod:
Mod-Save pics to Emmc

Here's Tommytomatoe's mods, use with caution as some might not be fully compatible with Inc.
Mods and themes click on here

legacy-2.jpg

Classic1.png

Classic2.png

Classic3.png

Classic4.png

Classic5.png

Classic6.png

Last edited:
G

gatormark08

I had issues too with e4g rom I ported. Look into build.prop for wifi fix if you're using a newer kernel.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

G

gatormark08

Also does emmc work?

G

gatormark08

emmc was the only reason i kinda pushed the rom away. wifi was kicking my butt for a while. wildstang was the one that pointed me toward the build.prop for a fix. the team nocturnal rom i have posted has the working wifi if you want to use it to compare, go right ahead.

00McD00

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org
Hmm, are you using the framework-res.apk file from the Incredible or the Evo? Because I know there is an "apns.xml" file in framework that could be causing the problem if the apns are incorrect.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
emmc was the only reason i kinda pushed the rom away. wifi was kicking my butt for a while. wildstang was the one that pointed me toward the build.prop for a fix. the team nocturnal rom i have posted has the working wifi if you want to use it to compare, go right ahead.

Thanks Gatormark, seems your boot.img is what did the trick for wifi to lock in very fast! What boot.img you use? Even Youtube works only now under wifi, but under 3g, youtube gives error of can't connect to server. Whats odd is that everything else works under 3G except Youtube now! Any idea's?

BTW, I did put all I could from your build.prop. For your EMMC fix look at my build.prop. I had the opposite where camera would not save to SD card, but added stuff in build.prop for fix.

Hmm, are you using the framework-res.apk file from the Incredible or the Evo? Because I know there is an "apns.xml" file in framework that could be causing the problem if the apns are incorrect.

I tried switching the apns.xml file to see if it would help playing youtube in 3g, but seems it didn't do anything. ROM worked the same. Anything else you think? Thanks

Last edited:

countryfolk07

I know this is beta and you're all working on it, but is there a flashable for a 4x app drawer? The 5x is just too cluttered for me.

Overall though, I must say, this ROM is very nice. The clock and Rosie are stunning. Built in screen capture too! Thank you.

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
Ok, very fast and slick looking rom. 3 issues though on short notice. No wifi connecting, no music on emmc, and the wierd one, no visible rosie. It works, but i cant see it. I remapped buttons and that works. This is a really slick looking rom, unfortunatly, i really use wifi an emmc alot. Im gunna try tinys kernel and see what happens.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
I know this is beta and you're all working on it, but is there a flashable for a 4x app drawer? The 5x is just too cluttered for me.

Overall though, I must say, this ROM is very nice. The clock and Rosie are stunning. Built in screen capture too! Thank you.

Not sure if there's a 4x drawer. Need to check original dev's work.

Im gunna flash this now

Sweet!

Ok, very fast and slick looking rom. 3 issues though on short notice. No wifi connecting, no music on emmc, and the wierd one, no visible rosie. It works, but i cant see it. I remapped buttons and that works. This is a really slick looking rom, unfortunatly, i really use wifi an emmc alot. Im gunna try tinys kernel and see what happens.

Orig. Dev did ghost rosie. It was his style. I got wifi fixed now but youtube won't play on 3G still. Will check emmc music next for next update test.

Last edited:

donnyp1

May 7, 2008
Wichita
No difference with tinys. You get wifi n emmc ironed out and this rom is a winner. I could care less about youtube. This rom is slick. Onevother thing, it motored thru the battery, dont know why

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
I tried the 4 column app drawer from Tommies thread. It didn't work. Unless I'm not using zipthemer right. I'm no novice, but everyone makes mistakes.

Wont work probably cause the system/app is in data/system.app to make it work on Inc.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
No difference with tinys. You get wifi n emmc ironed out and this rom is a winner. I could care less about youtube. This rom is slick. Onevother thing, it motored thru the battery, dont know why

You need to play with moble networks n setting under wifi n networks.

G

gatormark08

look at the base of the rom, you should be able to find an evo flashable 4x app drawer, like micro said, apps is now system.app so you might have to use rootexplorer to make the change (unless you want to edit updater for flashable)

for music on emmc try doubletwist. i've done a couple personal ports, and every time emmc was broken, double twsit let me listen to music on emmc (go figure) wifi will still be kernel related, if i get time tomorrow (today) i'll look into trying to help out @micro (if you want it, just pm me or gtalk markhoj08@gmail)

Thanks Gatormark, seems your boot.img is what did the trick for wifi to lock in very fast! What boot.img you use? Even Youtube works only now under wifi, but under 3g, youtube gives error of can't connect to server. Whats odd is that everything else works under 3G except Youtube now! Any idea's?

BTW, I did put all I could from your build.prop. For your EMMC fix look at my build.prop. I had the opposite where camera would not save to SD card, but added stuff in build.prop for fix.

I tried switching the apns.xml file to see if it would help playing youtube in 3g, but seems it didn't do anything. ROM worked the same. Anything else you think? Thanks

boot.img is one of wildstang83's (not positive, but i want to say it was from pure speed 7)

sometimes the leak kernel from a while ago (the one that's in inc supra rom) fixes some broken things, such as wifi. might be worth pulling boot.img from that and putting it into your zip. (just a thought, it's worked for me)

countryfolk07

look at the base of the rom, you should be able to find an evo flashable 4x app drawer, like micro said, apps is now system.app so you might have to use rootexplorer to make the change (unless you want to edit updater for flashable)

Thanks to both of you. I just figured zipthemer would do the update.zip properly since I had to use an update script from my phone. I guess I was wrong. :) I just pushed with adb, and all is good now. I can see my apps now. Lol. Thank you again. Can't wait to get wifi fix. This is very nice for sense 1.0

Edit: I noticed a little bug, not sure if it's ROM related or because it's Sprint base. I don't have google maps navigation. I have maps but not the navigation icon. Anyone else have this? Also GPS isn't working. I used GPS toolbox and it says not enabled in settings, which it is.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the Evo 4G Classic ROM that I ported thanks to the dev's here on XDA. Still needs some work, but its overall functional. Big thanks totommytomatoe for the ROM. Also thanks to WildStang83's porting guilde, wdfowty, ,NilsP, newtoroot, gatormark, and JoelZ9614 to make this port possible.

Need to disable some roaming stuff in wireless networks and set your rosie preferences in settings under Classic Tweeks.

The "roaming stuff," lol, is in Wireless & Networks, Mobile networks, and uncheck "Call guard". The roaming should be set to Sprint roaming, not automatic. Automatic will drain your battery.

Big thanks to jermaine151's kernel.

Here's the features:
    * Rosie semi-Ghost Edition - with on-the-fly Tweaks Remapping for Left and Right Buttons
    * Apks Unique and Optimized
    * Smali Debugging Removed
    * Statusbar Tweaks, by Romanbb
    * CRT On/Off - able to toggle on/off
    * Quick Settings
    * CIQ Removed
    * Trackpad Wake n Unlock
    * Screen Capture (Power+Home)
    * Build.prop tweeks for optimization

12/23/11 v1-beta3
    New update with YouTube fix thanks to joelz n new2root. Full wipe required!

12/24/11 v1-beta4 Mms fixed thanks to Joelz.

12/27/11 v1.0
    Out of beta stag, changed to jermaine151 kernel. Semi-ghost rosie now.

12/30/11 v1.1
    Fixed Screen shoot not working.
    Updated Rom from tommytomatoe's newest update. Changes include, Integrated Classic, Tweaks with battery bar settings,
    Added Extended Quick Settings - Thanks skyraider for original code.
    Maybe more I cannot remember.

1/3/12
    Update v1.2 ready with emmc 2 pc fix with music. Finally fixed! :)
    Added more animation to battery when charging.

1/4/12 v1.3
    *Update with Emmc Music fix. Breaks camera saving to emmc. Use other mod to save camera to emmc, which after flashed allows music to emmc also.
    *Updated build.prop for tommytomatoe's updates from app classic updater on rom.
    *Added wifi tether app.
    *Did some theming for menu icons. Others things I can't remember.

To Flash:
    FULL WIPE FOR V1.3, wipe system also!

Download Here for latest ROM updates <--------Click here for ROM

If you need pics saved to Emmc, flash this Mod:
    Mod-Save pics to Emmc

Here's Tommytomatoe's mods, use with caution as some might not be fully compatible with Inc.
    Mods and themes click on here

legacy-2.jpg

Classic1.png

Classic2.png

Classic3.png

Classic4.png

Classic5.png

Classic6.png
    Good work on porting. I was gonna work on this myself but went on my honeymoon and haven't had time.

In the future I would appreciate a quick nod or post before using classic material. But I do see your props and thank you for that. I just think a pm would have been nice.

Anyways. Feel free to ask any questions. To fix 3g youtube youll need a different epst. On different networks (verizon, mexican, et cetera) the epst I use does not enable youtube on 3g. You will need the most recent sense epst in order to make it work :) Once I release v0.0.5 finale I will post an optional epst from latest ota in the classic updater.

And for funsies...enjoy this screenshot of extended quick settings which will be available in v0.0.5 finale.

6c6d6482-7bcf-08b4.jpg

6c6d6482-7c48-aa86.jpg

Sent from my PC36100
    does anyone have a copy of this?The link to micromods devhost has Ultimate Inc but not Classic Inc.I would greatly appreciate it if anyone had a copy of Classic Inc they would be willing to share.

here http://184.168.53.73/users/micromod777/?fld_id=647#files
    Pm sent. Updater should be live in the next few hours.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    I'm having trouble downloading from the link that was posted.I've tried from both laptop and mobile and from 3 different data sources(2 WiFi,1 mobile data)and when I click on dl button it sits and spins.Any way someone would mirror this for me as long as its ok with the OP?

Sent from my Incredible using xda app-developers app