[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ast32

Mar 24, 2012
Seattle
Just flashed 3.4 and I'm seeing issues for the first time. I noticed widgets have a problem loading. I had to remove them and add them back. It was not a big issue but I'd assume that's a bug?

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
Reactions: boodies

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
Hey thanks for the input! I just downloaded Alarm Droid and seems to be very nice as well. Appreciate your help!

ps - this rom is really really really smooth. Coming from Bionix 2.2 that means a lot. It might even be smoother. Everything is so quick.

ps 2 - For those having trouble with Chrome to Phone , you will have to install Chrome to Mobile instead for it to work with the Beta Chrome ICS Browser. [Remove C2P from PC]

jaliscojorge

Nov 18, 2008
Darn, my Klaxon Alarm Clock won't work with ICS lol That is my one and only alarm with Volume Ramp. Any suggestions for a replacement?

Real Quick, what's the stock DPI for Galaxy S in it's default form? Thanks

Klaxon worked just fine for me. Unless the version you have is what is causing the problem. I have an older version.

Sent from tapatalk V2 B6 from ics powered vibrant

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez

I don't know but back up (with a root explorer type app)

/system/framework/android.policy.jar and
/system/usr/keylayout/ and try it out. If it doesn't work replace the files in the zip with the backup ones and reflash ;).

Edit: Derp this is the vibrant thread. He provides a restore zip as well. And I don't see why it wouldn't work. That being said Still a good idea to back up those files just in case.

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
Klaxon worked just fine for me. Unless the version you have is what is causing the problem. I have an older version.

Sent from tapatalk V2 B6 from ics powered vibrant

Can you please pm me a link to that file please? I can't stand these other Rocket Science alarm apps.

Edit: Nvm, found apk.

Yay I got it back. Considering I paid for the premium version i was getting irked. Even Google play says it's unavailable for my device. One weird thing is the resolution of the app seems to be at 240 while I set my phone to 210. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: jaliscojorge

murse

Dec 20, 2008
Thanks for building this ROM. This is my first ICS and I'm loving it. Once again, breathing new life into an aging Vibrant. I was drooling over the One S coming out on T-Mobile, but with this ROM, I might wait a little longer.

I was running a MIUI.US build for months and it was getting sluggish. I don't have time to experiment with a bunch of ROMs and really need a daily driver.

I did install the 2903 datadata script which was a problem I had on my last ROM. Other than a few other tweaks, running it with the stock kernel. For ICS on the Vibrant, this is it!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
My confusion is probably because of the launcher. I'm not using Zeam, but whatever other stock launcher that was included.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

There is no other stock included. If you mean add ons is stock ICS (and is not included)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
Can't install anything from Market

Full wipe clean install of 3.4 (format system, data, cache, factory reset, kernel clean etc) and can't install anything from the market. Get the error "insufficient storage space"
I checked storage in settings and my internal storage says it is full with no space left...but it thnks the total amount of space is 29MB!! Below it says that USB storage is 13GB with over 11GB free, plus my external SD card.
Somethings really screwed up.....

Also, the phone is a lag monster......something must have gone seriously wrong. Performance is horrible...and I know that my past experience of Slim was very favorable.

Last edited:

ast32

Mar 24, 2012
Seattle
Full wipe clean install of 3.4 (format system, data, cache, factory reset, kernel clean etc) and can't install anything from the market. Get the error "insufficient storage space"
I checked storage in settings and my internal storage says it is full with no space left...but it thnks the total amount of space is 29MB!! Below it says that USB storage is 13GB with over 11GB free, plus my external SD card.
Somethings really screwed up.....

Also, the phone is a lag monster......something must have gone seriously wrong. Performance is horrible...and I know that my past experience of Slim was very favorable.

Normally, if I have issues that are that frustrating, I normally ODIN back to JFD and full wipe from there. Since you've already wiped, there isn't much to lose as you've probably done it before.

ODIN>JFD>CWM>CM9>Slim ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.