(How To) disable softkeys/ Home Button

Search This thread

trevor7428

Feb 10, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
So I found it really annoying when watching Netflix and accidentally hitting back or recent apps softkeys. Which pauses or exits out of movie everytime I do. Because of placement of soft keys (Navigation buttons) on Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. (Which is where I hold the tab in landscape)

So I found a way to disable back/ recent apps and Home buttons. Temporarily

Settings /Device /Accessibility
Scroll to very bottom
Enable interaction control

Use volume down and home at same time to enable
Uncheck all checkboxes

Now soft keys (Navigation buttons) and home are disabled.

Usefully when watching a movie and holding with your hand on softkeys.

(Have to disable multi window to enable this feature)

If helped, thanks would be appreciated.

dimcorner

Nov 23, 2010
Columbia, SC
So I found it really annoying when watching Netflix and accidentally hitting back or recent apps softkeys. Which pauses or exits out of movie everytime I do. Because of placement of soft keys (Navigation buttons) on Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. (Which is where I hold the tab in landscape)

Scroll to very bottom

Uncheck all checkboxes

I tried to do this on the demo units in Best Buy but I couldn't get it to work. Could it be the demo software they had on it?

kirbo20

Nov 29, 2006
This worked for me.

http://brandtkrueger.wordpress.com/...ation-buttons-on-the-galaxy-s3-requires-root/

Home key had to be disabled in both of the below locations. This completely disables the hardware keys so make sure to enable the on screen keys first.

Note: The onscreen keys don't show up in landscape mode for some reason so I use LMT launcher for the few times I need navigation keys in landscape.

Generic.kl

gpio-keys.kl

Sent from my SM-T320 using xda app-developers app

digitalrelic

Nov 13, 2012
This worked for me.

http://brandtkrueger.wordpress.com/...ation-buttons-on-the-galaxy-s3-requires-root/

Home key had to be disabled in both of the below locations. This completely disables the hardware keys so make sure to enable the on screen keys first.

Note: The onscreen keys don't show up in landscape mode for some reason so I use LMT launcher for the few times I need navigation keys in landscape.

Generic.kl

gpio-keys.kl

Sent from my SM-T320 using xda app-developers app

Does anyone know how to disable the back light on the capacitive keys? I've been able to disable the buttons from functioning and I've got LMT launcher installed but I'd really like to stop them from lighting up if possible.

nsmart

Sep 3, 2011
The only thing that stops me from buying the tab pro 8.4 at the moment are the hardware keys. I am used to on screen buttons and as I can see in some review-videos and as some of you already mentioned, if you hold the tablet in landscape you could accidentally come in touch with the capacitive keys or the home button. Therefore I am very interested in how you can handle the tab pro 8.4 with hardware-keys disabled and on screen keys enabled. Can anyone share some screenshots how it looks like?

So at the moment there is no way to have googles on screen buttons in landscape mode?

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
I use xposed additions to remap buttons from single click to long press on my son's 8.4 since he kept accidentally hitting buttons and getting frustrated. Not exactly what you are looking for but it has helped us here. Take a look at button Savior on the play store as well. You could use xposed additions to disable buttons and then use button Savior buttons.

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Scroll to very bottom

Uncheck all checkboxes