rooted successfully via towelroot!!!

Search This thread

lkebrnrd

Jun 27, 2013
This is my first time posting so I figured sharing my successful attempt to root using towelroot would be a good starting point..

I realize someone may have already beat me to it but I wanted to let ppl know you should be able to root using the awesome new app towelroot. Things to consider though.. I was on 4.3 ML1.. This was very exciting for me as my PC will not recognize my siii so the fact I was able to do this straight from the device itself is just great news.. Didn't think I could root without a PC.. Well, until now.. This is SO AWESOME! now to install some xposed mods :). Happy rooting :) v

pacet911

Jun 19, 2010
Bethpage, NY
Vrucnc1 root!

This is my first time posting so I figured sharing my successful attempt to root using towelroot would be a good starting point..

I realize someone may have already beat me to it but I wanted to let ppl know you should be able to root using the awesome new app towelroot. Things to consider though.. I was on 4.3 ML1.. This was very exciting for me as my PC will not recognize my siii so the fact I was able to do this straight from the device itself is just great news.. Didn't think I could root without a PC.. Well, until now.. This is SO AWESOME! now to install some xposed mods :). Happy rooting :) v

I can confirm TOWELROOT works for VRUCNC1 also! Finally rerooted again. No computer needed either! Go to towelroot.com. :D :good:

Reactions: dhart1980

dhart1980

Jun 16, 2014
confirmed... sch-i535 32gb, 4.3 vrucnc1.... verizon s3.. super easy to install although it does give you a warning to not install it... you gotta allow third party, but then ANOTHER thing pops saying they don't advise it... something i haven't seen before.. anyways i forced it to install.. ran it... 15 seconds after you hit the button it reboots... bam... rooted..

easiest root i've ever done.... used to having to odin... also, i used a third party root check to verify that it wasn't just teasing me... if i weren't unemployed and broke i'd definitely donate...

Reactions: YevOmega

YevOmega

Aug 17, 2012
I can confirm TOWELROOT works for CNC1 also! Finally rerooted again. No computer needed either! Go to towelroot.com. :D :good:

I'm not at all a noob but totally noob question right now. Can we unlock the bootloader again now after doing towelroot on 4.3, or are we still stuck?

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
Ah darn. So then towelroot is useless for us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Not useless. Can root, remove bloat, use ad blocker, tether, some people are using xposed, etc. Just may not be able to run any custom ROMs yet. Safestrap may work to run custom ROMs, but I have not seen an NC1 kernel module. So you would not have WiFi running safestrap on NC1.

Reactions: ShapesBlue

YevOmega

Aug 17, 2012
Not useless. Can root, remove bloat, use ad blocker, tether, some people are using xposed, etc. Just may not be able to run any custom ROMs yet. Safestrap may work to run custom ROMs, but I have not seen an NC1 kernel module. So you would not have WiFi running safestrap on NC1.
Last I heard, NC1 could be rolled back to ML1 and ML1 is saferooted.

lil2skinny

Oct 1, 2012
Kathmandu

so i'm on the NC1 and i've rooted it sucessfully using another method and i was wondering if i use safestrap to use xposed will i have wifi issues? o_O
or does installing another rom using safestrap kill the wifi?
final question: is safestrap the culprit for the wifi not working? o_O

Nwbmonkey

Nov 9, 2011
I've done this successfully however tethering is not working. Can anyone confirm? What do I need to do to get tethering working?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Oct 27, 2011
...Texas
I wonder if Nandroid Manager or Flashify will be able to dd if custom recovery without connecting to pc as well?? I think I may try this method, if anyone else had tried this method, please share, thanks. Also if I have posted this in the wrong section I will remove it. Thanks again everyone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wh1t3Rose

I wonder if Nandroid Manager or Flashify will be able to dd if custom recovery without connecting to pc as well?? I think I may try this method, if anyone else had tried this method, please share, thanks. Also if I have posted this in the wrong section I will remove it. Thanks again everyone.

Getting a custom recovery is easier with ROM Installer.

Reactions: DarksiderzSK4G

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011

Please do not try this on VRUCML1, VRUCNC1 or VRUDNE1. You will hard brick your S3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I Read somewhere that this works for ML1 and NC1 Snoop. Not sure about NE1 though.

They will hardbrick if they attempt to install CWM or TWRP on TW 4.3 or KitKat firmware. Hasn't worked before when people tried using Odin or GooManager to install custom recoveries on VRUCML1 and I'm confident it will be the same result here. I need video proof proving the opposite.

If you are referring to Towelroot, yes this will work on all three.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Vrucnc1 root!

I can confirm TOWELROOT works for VRUCNC1 also! Finally rerooted again. No computer needed either! Go to towelroot.com. :D :good:
    I can confirm TOWELROOT works for VRUCNC1 also! Finally rerooted again. No computer needed either! Go to towelroot.com. :D :good:[/QUOTE

Heck yeah man! Its good to know we have an app that can do it from devices again! Glad to hear your success as well.. Right on ;)
    confirmed... sch-i535 32gb, 4.3 vrucnc1.... verizon s3.. super easy to install although it does give you a warning to not install it... you gotta allow third party, but then ANOTHER thing pops saying they don't advise it... something i haven't seen before.. anyways i forced it to install.. ran it... 15 seconds after you hit the button it reboots... bam... rooted..

easiest root i've ever done.... used to having to odin... also, i used a third party root check to verify that it wasn't just teasing me... if i weren't unemployed and broke i'd definitely donate...
    Ah darn. So then towelroot is useless for us.