Cracked Screen Need Digitizer

Search This thread

yavila

Mar 2, 2012
Hi,

I've scratched my screen pretty deep :(. I will like to replace the screen and get a new digitizer but haven't found any online.

Has anyone had luck finding a Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus GT-P6200 Digitizer?

Thanks!
Yavila

jmar8124

Apr 16, 2011
prestatyn
sorry to tell you but i really don't think their will be any for sale for a log time i mean like 5months as this is still a baby device :( but have you tried claiming on your house insurance that's what i did with my nexus s last year ;)

rp518dan

Dec 30, 2011
Philadelphia
they have the digitizers on ebay now

I ordered a replacement digitizer on ebay about 3 weeks ago. They ship free from Hong Kong and the sellers all say that it takes at least 3 weeks for delivery. More sellers are there now with the digitizers. I cannot find a teardown video anywhere. Also, some repair shops fix the old p1000 but not the tab plus.

You definately want the tools to come with the replacement digitizer. I'll give it a shot blindly if I don't find directions and post how it comes out.... hopefully from this device!

rp518dan

Dec 30, 2011
Philadelphia
i fixed cracked glass yesterday

The directions for the p1000 screen teardown pretty much worked. I used a hairdryer an an exacto knife to separate the digitize from the lcd. This was tricky. Of course you know to always push the knife away from you lest you cut your wrist.
An eyeglass cleaning towel worked to clear off the lcd. I didn't want to risk any solutions on it.

Prices on digitizers are dropping on ebay. I paid 75 for the kit and it is about $10 cheaper. Shipping does take long!

didujo

Oct 18, 2010
The directions for the p1000 screen teardown pretty much worked. I used a hairdryer an an exacto knife to separate the digitize from the lcd. This was tricky. Of course you know to always push the knife away from you lest you cut your wrist.
An eyeglass cleaning towel worked to clear off the lcd. I didn't want to risk any solutions on it.

Prices on digitizers are dropping on ebay. I paid 75 for the kit and it is about $10 cheaper. Shipping does take long!

Any chance you can provide a link from where you got the digitizer and a tutorial. Mine fell from my pocket and the screen cracked :crying: , and i cant find any replacement for it or tutorial. A little help plz!!!

rp518dan

Dec 30, 2011
Philadelphia
Ebay has digitizers

Any chance you can provide a link from where you got the digitizer and a tutorial. Mine fell from my pocket and the screen cracked :crying: , and i cant find any replacement for it or tutorial. A little help plz!!!

You just need to make sure you are getting the correct digitizer from a well rated seller. It's an easy ebay search. Also, you need the tool kit. The concept is to slide the tool around the space between the glass and case to release the catches. YouTube has lots of videos on the topic. It was a while ago when I did mine and used the T1000 directions. There may be a video with the 7 plus by now.

Using a hair dryer to heat the glass is critical. It softens the adhesive and makes it less dangerous. An exacto knife, glass and lots of force is asking for a trip to the emergency room. Let the heat do its job and always work the knige AWAY from your body while supporting the assembly on a firm surface.

Taking your time is crucial. The job's not that hard as long as you stay organized and don't force it.

Last edited:

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
By any chance, has anybody purchased a digitizer that doesn't have the Samsung logo on it? I'm kicking around the idea of replacing the digitizer to give my tablet a cleaner look on the front.

roshanrx

May 29, 2012
Hi,

I've scratched my screen pretty deep :(. I will like to replace the screen and get a new digitizer but haven't found any online.

Thanks!
Yavila

Hey!! I found it here!!
Its cheaper than Ebay and it is original!!
Even i had got a deep scratch and i replaced it myself!!
Go To www dot gounlock dot com
Then go to Tablets And then samusng and choose p6200 and then order the digitizer..
Wish You Luck!!:good::good::good:

Reactions: chrisrotolo

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hey!! I found it here!!
Then go to Tablets And then samusng and choose p6200 and then order the digitizer..

I have replacement which I will do myself. Question: after seperating original LCD from digitizer with heat, How did you line up the new one? Or does it fit right into place? Also is there glue material on the new digitizer as Ive been told?

Thank You.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thanks!
    Yavila

Hey!! I found it here!!