How to convert E975?

Search This thread

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Did you do a Factory reset after the kdz?

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

woopsgoops

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
Yes did that too, after kdz install. But apparently the problem is solved automatically. After a while.

I checked the signals with a friends sim card and that is also fine. I mean signals are there. But cant see data connectivity. Might be apn problem.

But currently I am very happy with it. Great job guys.

Sent from my LG-E975 converted from F180L

michaelgeorge

Mar 12, 2013
Makati
HELP on flashing baseband f180K

Sure, you must do this.

First: Root, Enable USB Debugging, Download this file:
2. Copy this baseband.img to Internal Storage (/sdcard)
3. Run file flash_baseband.bat
4. Follow the guild.
5. Your phone will reboot and finish! :victory:

Hello sir hiepgia, do you have anything for F180K? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
HEy guys i know u all happy that u converted korean optimus G's to E975 BUT anybody tried IF LTE working on it after convert or EVEn before??
I just tried EE SIM and no any LTE or 4G nothing coldnt get SIM runing !

francisac3

Mar 17, 2008
help

ive flash my f180l to e97510b EU... but it does not have any signal.. ive already flash the f180l baseband.. nothing happens... what should i do?? what the baseband.xml something?? it is different of flashing baseband.img?? thanks!

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
I saw somewhere a method that helped me with same problem:
Flash French E975 ROM via KDZ -> Hard reset -> Root ->Freegee -> Flash stock rom via KDZ -> Hard reset -> Profit

foby100

Apr 13, 2013
You undestand it correct. The Baseband.xml is to install the wright connection setting back to your Phone, the E975 is on that different, so if you install the basband settings from the F180 over the E975 Rom, everything work fine.
Yes, then you haven't the strang korean charters in your dialer and no korean apss any more.
i tried this with the E97510A HK (Hong Kong) this one you can root and if it is rooted you can install the baseband, but for me when a choosed for Netherlands, there still menus in English, so a mix, thats why I tried the Eur Rom, I wait for the new root tool and don't go back to the HK ver.

hi hav u still got e97510a hk rom coz i tried to download it from most places they said forbidden plz help would be appreciated thx or if u hav australian 10a rom

michaelgeorge

Mar 12, 2013
Makati
I saw somewhere a method that helped me with same problem:
Flash French E975 ROM via KDZ -> Hard reset -> Root ->Freegee -> Flash stock rom via KDZ -> Hard reset -> Profit

Hi Tim4,

You got F180K right? My efs partition is jacked up, it's not giving me any signal. Autoprime told me to get a working efs partition (using freegee). Can you share a working one? He will try to edit it so that I can flash it with mine. Hopefully this will help others too who have network problem. Thanks!

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
Give m your email. But there one thing you should mind:
Since EFS contains IMEI, dont enter South Korea with my IMEI (In case if you fail find the way to change it), otherwise ill have some troubles explaining why someone using same phone with my IMEI. Thats some illegal stuff. South Korean officials too straight.

michaelgeorge

Mar 12, 2013
Makati
Give m your email. But there one thing you should mind:
Since EFS contains IMEI, dont enter South Korea with my IMEI (In case if you fail find the way to change it), otherwise ill have some troubles explaining why someone using same phone with my IMEI. Thats some illegal stuff. South Korean officials too straight.

Yes I do understand, we will changed it with my own IMEI and other stuff. Thank you so much. We might be able to make a guide for this one. Thanks again. michaelgeorgezaragoza@gmail.com

dafuqqqq

Apr 23, 2013
hi there which is better in 3 version of LG optimus G
i like the e975 it that better?
i heard that the other version have an issue no sim slot is that true?
by the way im from philippines its lg optimus e975 is compatible in my country? i want to know guys cause i dont want to regret

kidrawk

Apr 29, 2013
i have got a korean U+ F180L, exact software version is F180L20P.

like you guys i would like to migrate the korean F180L to E975 as well. i've read quite abit in this forum but im still unsure how to proceed.

I have downloaded the required E97510D .KDZ file for my country(singapore)

may i know how can i flash it to this firmware?

the current H/LTE band on the F180L does not cater to my mobile carrier band. it is only showing 3G =(

will flashing to the E97510D enables my LTE?

or do i need to do some baseband thing as mentioned here? any help please?

zykhan

Nov 19, 2010
EDGE on F180L

Hi,

I am using Optimus G F180L, OS changed to E975, Baseband is still on F180L, every thing is working perfect, I wants to enable EDGE ,

which baseband need to load to enable EDGE service. I have no need of 3G or LTE

hamba9551

May 14, 2012
Sure, you must do this.

First: Root, Enable USB Debugging, Download this file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8vses1vqza04l3/BaseBandF180L.rar
4. Follow the guild.

thanks guys..so many days i find the method to solve my problem to change/flash baseband from f180l to e975 rom..ive found this simple/easiest method and my problem was solved less than 30 minutes..good job bro..thanks again senior..luv XDA..

1)flash my F180L20P rom to E97510C(latest Malaysia version) >>failed reboot>>hard reset>>reboot n network failed..(15-20 minutes)
2)enable usb debugging+unknown resources+connect via charge>>root>>reboot>>rooted (5 minutes)
3)Copy f180l baseband.img to Internal Storage>>run flash_baseband.bat>>reboot>>network available (5 minutes)

Thanks to all..:good:;):good:;):good:;):good:;)

zykhan

Nov 19, 2010
EDGE on F180L

Hi,

I am using Optimus G F180L, OS changed to E975, Baseband is still on F180L, every thing is working perfect, I wants to enable EDGE ,

which baseband need to load to enable EDGE service. I have no need of 3G or LTE

Hi All,

could any one help to enable EDGE service on F180L, need help.

shayan230

Jun 1, 2013
Hello, I too have a F180L and converted it to E975 and flashed F180L baseband. I get good reception and internet shows 'H' but its slow and capped to 384kbps. In my network setttings in only get WCDMA and GSM. Is there a way to enable HSPDA on the F180L?

I saw on some phones the ability to choose between GSM/WCDMA and GSM/HSPDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a F180L and I flached the E975 A10 Rom, but how can/must I install/flash the baseband of mine F180L?
    This cause I have bad/poor connection.

Sure, you must do this.

First: Root, Enable USB Debugging, Download this file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8vses1vqza04l3/BaseBandF180L.rar
    4. Follow the guild.
    Hi guys i have an F180L variant of optimus G, i was still stuck on ICS because whenever i try to update to official V20p JB i always lost my imei, it is funny when i remove the sim card the imei just magically re appear, already tried converting it to e975 but network signal is very weak and most of the time i have no signal at all. hoping that someone can help me with my problem, thanks in advance

u need flash orig f180l baseband back to have signal.. cos in e975 it varies ..
    while u flashing f180l to e975 it overvrites your baseband and it results not matching hardware propelry..
    here is my procedure .. : spread my thread .. :cowboy:;)
    Check for #70
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160611&page=7
    Don't flash Korean baseband unless you want dead radio.

LG Optimus G E971

I have done it! No problem. As our device is F180L and we must flash baseband F180L. I have use it 5 days. :laugh:
    You don't have to root it to flash the E975 rom on the F180L, after the flash you need too root it (BUT THAT ISN'T POSSIBLE JET, WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR A NEW TOOL) because of the data connection, otherwise you have only 3G and no H connection.
    When we can root it we have to install the BasebandL.xml for the H connection. I did this before by the E975A HK version (this one we can root) and the H worked again.
    So mayby it is better to wait for the root tool for this version and then I will try to explain how to flash, root and install the basebandL.xml.

Thanks for explaining , but as far i understand that if i flashed E97510B_00.kdz in my F180L i will only get 3G connection right? and if i want to get H connection i have to root to install the BasebandL.xml right? because at this moment i care about the language on F180 i hate korean app and notifications. and 3G works fine with me

one more thing about this (E97510B_00.kdz) if i flash it in my F180L does the phone will be fully English? i mean dialing keyboard, programs ...

Appreciation
    Thanks for explaining , but as far i understand that if i flashed E97510B_00.kdz in my F180L i will only get 3G connection right? and if i want to get H connection i have to root to install the BasebandL.xml right? because at this moment i care about the language on F180 i hate korean app and notifications. and 3G works fine with me

one more thing about this (E97510B_00.kdz) if i flash it in my F180L does the phone will be fully English? i mean dialing keyboard, programs ...

Appreciation
    You undestand it correct. The Baseband.xml is to install the wright connection setting back to your Phone, the E975 is on that different, so if you install the basband settings from the F180 over the E975 Rom, everything work fine.
    Yes, then you haven't the strang korean charters in your dialer and no korean apss any more.
    i tried this with the E97510A HK (Hong Kong) this one you can root and if it is rooted you can install the baseband, but for me when a choosed for Netherlands, there still menus in English, so a mix, thats why I tried the Eur Rom, I wait for the new root tool and don't go back to the HK ver.