[PROXY] Nokia Fiddler2 Scripts for SAMSUNG and HTC - No hardware (screen size) limit

Search This thread

bruce142

Jun 18, 2013
This fiddler proxy script will enable you to install all nokia apps with a few exeptions (they will download but not install : PlayTo the normal version, the beta version does work and Here City Lens, but Here Explore does install). I noticed Here Drive+ isn't downloadable anymore no matter which proxy you may use. Apps that do install but don't work on a Samsung Ativ S are Nokia Beamer, Ringtone maker and Nokia Camera.

First off, install fiddler2 : http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler, open fiddler2, go to tools > connections and check the box "allow remote computers to connect). Close fiddler2 for now.

Then unzip the zip file in the attachment with the name of your phone's manufacturer and copy the CustomScript.js (remove the .SAMSUNG or .HTC in the name) to C:\USER\<your account name>\Documents\Fiddler2\Scripts.

Open cmd and type ipconfig, you want to copy the IPv4-address to your wifi settings>tab your Wifi station once>enable Proxy>Server/URL.
As port you use 8888.

Open fiddler2 again and browse on your Phone to Windows Phone store (not the website, but the app), type in Nokia or Here, and select an app you want to install and select install, when the store goes into Status (you notice that the app is trying to install), turn off the proxy and let the app install. Close the store and re-enable the proxy if you want to install more Nokia apps.

Attachments

• CustomRules.HTC.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 531
  • CustomRules.SAMSUNG.zip
    6 KB · Views: 494

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
I want to install HTC Apps on my Lumia 920 but I can't because HTC Apps are only for WVGA and HD_720p no WXGA support .
Is there any way to Install them ?

bruce142

Jun 18, 2013
I want to install HTC Apps on my Lumia 920 but I can't because HTC Apps are only for WVGA and HD_720p no WXGA support .

I don't have the hardware-ID of an HTC, so I can't make a fiddler script. If one could provide me with the this hardware ID (520170500 is the hardware ID for the Ativ S and 520170499 is the hardware ID for the Nokia Lumia 920), I could make a script which could do just that what you're suggesting.

Reactions: ngame

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
I don't have the hardware-ID of an HTC, so I can't make a fiddler script. If one could provide me with the this hardware ID (520170500 is the hardware ID for the Ativ S and 520170499 is the hardware ID for the Nokia Lumia 920), I could make a script which could do just that what you're suggesting.

I looked in your script and I see this code but I didn't find anywhere that shows Hardware ID
Could you please tell me where can I find it ?

bruce142

Jun 18, 2013
I looked in your script and I see this code but I didn't find anywhere that shows Hardware ID
Could you please tell me where can I find it ?

That's because the HTC doesn't need a hardware-ID to install all nokia apps, tested with a HTC 8X and it installs the Nokia Camera just fine. You can try switching HTC for Nokia and vice-versa. And change this :
Code:
if(oSession.uriContains("Windows%20Phone%208X%20by%20HTC"))
{
    oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("Windows%20Phone%208X%20by%20HTC","RM-877_nam_att_205"); 
}
to this if you have a Lumia 1020 or remove this at all
Code:
if(oSession.uriContains("RM-877_nam_att_205"))
{
    oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("RM-877_nam_att_205","Windows%20Phone%208X%20by%20HTC"); 
}

In the Samsung script there is a hardware-ID of the Ativ S and the Nokia 920.

miki89

May 21, 2010
Belgrade
so would nokia camera now works with ativ s with this trick? :)

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

matgras

Jun 2, 2012
so would nokia camera now works with ativ s with this trick? :)

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

nope, it needs some lumia specific files.

You can already install Nokia camera but it just wont work

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk, sorry for the excessive amount of spaces. its a bug in tapatalk.

jessenic

Sep 9, 2010
Just FYI, you don't need a script for easy url replacing, just type "urlreplace SAMSUNG NOKIA" in the command bar at the bottom of Fiddler :)

compu829

Nov 5, 2006
interestingly enough, if I change just my OEMID from HTC to Nokia and nothing else, I can download Here Drive + to my HTC 8x without issue. I just did this after I reset my phone last week.

MameTozhio

Apr 27, 2013
Thanks for this.. I was able to modify the script to install Samsung apps on my Lumia 520 :D

fadenfisch95

Mar 28, 2012
Freiburg
yeah I tried but the fiddler tricks don't work anymore on 8.1, gives an error. I can send you the direct links though if you are still on 8.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This fiddler proxy script will enable you to install all nokia apps with a few exeptions (they will download but not install : PlayTo the normal version, the beta version does work and Here City Lens, but Here Explore does install). I noticed Here Drive+ isn't downloadable anymore no matter which proxy you may use. Apps that do install but don't work on a Samsung Ativ S are Nokia Beamer, Ringtone maker and Nokia Camera.

First off, install fiddler2 : http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler, open fiddler2, go to tools > connections and check the box "allow remote computers to connect). Close fiddler2 for now.

Then unzip the zip file in the attachment with the name of your phone's manufacturer and copy the CustomScript.js (remove the .SAMSUNG or .HTC in the name) to C:\USER\<your account name>\Documents\Fiddler2\Scripts.

Open cmd and type ipconfig, you want to copy the IPv4-address to your wifi settings>tab your Wifi station once>enable Proxy>Server/URL.
    As port you use 8888.

Open fiddler2 again and browse on your Phone to Windows Phone store (not the website, but the app), type in Nokia or Here, and select an app you want to install and select install, when the store goes into Status (you notice that the app is trying to install), turn off the proxy and let the app install. Close the store and re-enable the proxy if you want to install more Nokia apps.
    Installing the Fiddler cert on the phone is *the* critical step, actually...
    Well, that and enabling Fiddler to accept proxy requests from external addresses. But the cert part is vital.

yeah I tried but the fiddler tricks don't work anymore on 8.1, gives an error. I can send you the direct links though if you are still on 8.0
    got fiddler scripts working on 8.1 :)

Just installed Nokia Mix Radio on my 8X, still can't launch it though cuz of the registry check :(
    @fadenfisch95 @titi66200

You have to play with the https decryption option in Fiddler. (I installed the fiddler root cert on my phone, too, but that might not be necessary)

I will make a new thread with all the juicy details after everything gets released.