Search This thread

pnearn

Aug 19, 2008
Mines the unbranded 405 version so just waitin'

Have a horrible feeling this wont happen in the UK tho

psycho.ro

Jun 1, 2010
Bucharest
knowing my luck i'll prolly be one of the last people to get it.
anyway, i'll consider this update real, even with the official statement out, ready when it's downloaded on my desire. :)

snapilica2003

Dec 29, 2008
Bucharest
After nearly 500 posts and already into the weekend, yet I've yet to hear of a confirmed OTA download, or has someone here got it, because this so called phased release is slowly crawling towards one release on Sunday and a mass server
Crash....! :) typical HTC....

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

They said it's going to START this weekend ... they said nothing about FINISHING this weekend. So starting the update at 23:59 GMT+0 on a Sunday and finishing it in 2 weeks still makes their statement right :)

Norsehawk

Jul 22, 2010
I got yesterday a mail from HTC e-Club where Peter Frölund has confirmed 100% that ALL Desire-owners in Sweden will get Android 2.2 today or tomorrow. So I guess Froyo is finally here - for us in Sweden.:D But I haven't got any notification about the update itself, so I'm guessing that we'll be able to update it later today or tomorrow.

dazdaz

Apr 30, 2010
Is the update per service provider ? I am on Orange in Switzerland, hoping that it finally happens this weekend but tbh i'm a bit sceptical.

Norsehawk

Jul 22, 2010
This mail is from Peter Frölander, HTC, which I got yesterday:

htceclub.jpg

htceclub2.jpg

It says:

"Hello (my name)

The rumours have been buzzed, but now we can confirm that as of this weekend, everyone who owns a HTC Desire get the full Android 2.2 update.
"

Following by this important message:

"Important to know

Users of the HTC Desire will be informed that the update can be downloaded via the broadcast when the phone automatically searches for software updates.

Due to the size of the update, we recommend as much as possible, a WiFi-connection when downloading to avoid extra charges for data transfer.

The update does not erase any of your phone's content
."

vigin

May 27, 2008
I'm on vacation in Greece, will I be able to update my Desire from the beach :D

AviatorEkis

Mar 5, 2009
This mail is from Peter Frölander, HTC, which I got yesterday:

It says:

"Hello (my name)

The rumours have been buzzed, but now we can confirm that as of this weekend, everyone who owns a HTC Desire get the full Android 2.2 update.
"
"från och med helgen" = "starting this weekend".

Interpreting that as "Peter Frölund has confirmed 100% that ALL Desire-owners in Sweden will get Android 2.2 today or tomorrow" is not correct.

kristovaher

Jul 29, 2010
Tallinn
www.waher.net
Oh don't be in despair, friends. It's not like HTC will make people work over the weekend, so if the OTA is not in process right now, then it won't be the case at least until Monday. But in reality it's likely going to be Tuesday, since whatever held it back Friday will be worked on in Monday.

And even -that- is optimistic, when it comes to Hich Tech Catastrophe!

ingFu

Jun 29, 2010
Hannover
Oh don't be in despair, friends. It's not like HTC will make people work over the weekend, so if the OTA is not in process right now, then it won't be the case at least until Monday. But in reality it's likely going to be Tuesday, since whatever held it back Friday will be worked on in Monday.

And even -that- is optimistic, when it comes to Hich Tech Catastrophe!

Yeah, probably they didn't recognize it's weekend when they announced the update to be distributed at the weekend...

r47z

Apr 16, 2010
WTF.. @htc_eu announced.. the update for HTC Wildfire Sync instead.

El Norupz

Jun 28, 2010
Hobro
I must say, that I had my worries about how long it would take before HTC would start sending out the update, especially after their HERO failure.

But HTC has shown the world, their customers/fans and their critics, that they have learned the lesson.

Now I'm just excited to get my hands on the update and see the new Sense UI with it's improvements and new features, like the HTC App Sharing :p

Stakkertoo

Jan 8, 2010
London
Will it come automatically?

I opened my Vodafone contract in December with a WinMo HTC HD2, but after losing it on holiday in India in April I bought an unlocked unbranded new HTC Desire.

Will the update come to me automatically? How does it know that I am using a Desire?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im going to say desire update by the 15th of august :) ill be supprised if my phone updates to 2.2 tomorrow :)