GS3 I9300 Wont work on Wifi (Stock everything)

Search This thread

weavernater

Aug 21, 2013
Just randomly my phone decided that i no longer wants to work over Wifi. Nothing at all will connect through it but slow mobile data will. The phone hasn't been tampered with other than a new keyboard installed. No root no custom recovery no flashed roms. I would prefer to not factory reset or anything because of apps and personal data on it.

Any ideas will be tested ASAP as well as any questions, answered ASAP

Thanks Weave

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Unfortunately the very first step in deciding if your problem is software or hardware is to factory reset and reflash the latest firmware. On an unrooted phone you will lose all your apps and settings, without the ability to back them up or restore them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

amirTor

Jan 18, 2014
Just randomly my phone decided that i no longer wants to work over Wifi. Nothing at all will connect through it but slow mobile data will. The phone hasn't been tampered with other than a new keyboard installed. No root no custom recovery no flashed roms. I would prefer to not factory reset or anything because of apps and personal data on it.

Any ideas will be tested ASAP as well as any questions, answered ASAP

Thanks Weave

Quite a longshot, but- check if your advanced wifi settings is any different from attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-22-14-59-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-22-14-59-47.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 36

weavernater

Aug 21, 2013
Unfortunately the very first step in deciding if your problem is software or hardware is to factory reset and reflash the latest firmware. On an unrooted phone you will lose all your apps and settings, without the ability to back them up or restore them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I am coming around to that fact sadly. I have noticed 1 other strange thing. It happened after the router went spastic for a day but its sorted now (roughly a week ago) but the other 2 GS3 I9300's and various computers and other internet capable devices still work fine but when i try connect mine to the Wifi connection it almost seems to kill it, at least for my laptop but i'm not sure of anything else's connection. I don't think it affect them but I cannot confirm that right now. It's cutting connection off to a speed a bit like dial up. Once i turn it off on my phone everything it fine again. Phone software issue I'm going to guess?

Quite a longshot, but- check if your advanced wifi settings is any different from attached

I checked and everything matched yours, although i lacked the same number of options. On this phone there is a "Check for internet service" check box but that does not affect it on the other 2 working GS3's.