Google play music is really pissing me off

Search This thread

Garridon

Apr 30, 2012
Like the title says.

Is there any way to have the music I have bought on the play store to be on my internal storage to be readable by other apps and devices?

I always played my music I downloaded from other places through my Xbox by just plugging my phone into it. But I uploaded my music to Google play so that it would be synced to my tablet. Now I can't do that at all without dlna (which I can't play while playing a game). There has GOT to be a workaround or something, I can't be the only one with this sort of problem......

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

treffer

Jun 7, 2010
You should be able to grab mp3s from the play store. You should also be able to strip the DRM tags with e.g. eye3d. This requires that you own the music and you'd still have to transfer it to your (emulated) sdcard.

Besides that I can recommend subsonic + dsub. It's an awesome tool to stream / play music and it can stream e.g. to a chromecast. It might be possible to use it in jukebox mode, which means you'd need a raspberry pi or alike and you could play your lib with it. But I have not yet tried that (I have a chromecast ;) ).

Basically: If you don't know how you are going to play your music in 5 years don't buy from crippled stores. And noone known how to play songs in 5 years from now.

Garridon

Apr 30, 2012
You should be able to grab mp3s from the play store. You should also be able to strip the DRM tags with e.g. eye3d. This requires that you own the music and you'd still have to transfer it to your (emulated) sdcard.

Besides that I can recommend subsonic + dsub. It's an awesome tool to stream / play music and it can stream e.g. to a chromecast. It might be possible to use it in jukebox mode, which means you'd need a raspberry pi or alike and you could play your lib with it. But I have not yet tried that (I have a chromecast ;) ).

Basically: If you don't know how you are going to play your music in 5 years don't buy from crippled stores. And noone known how to play songs in 5 years from now.

Thanks for trying to help. I used the play music downloader in PC and put my library on my storage. A few songs are showing up twice in my play music app, but not all. I can live with this I guess. Hopefully Google makes this easier in the future.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

shadavis08

Oct 29, 2012
Google play music is crappie. I stopped using them a couple years ago. And again thank you for this app