ftf file not showing in flashtool 0.9.16

Search This thread

seltoon

Jan 19, 2011
Tehran
I've put the Generic .757 ftf in firmware folder of flashtool. But when I select flashmode in the application, it wouldn't show the ftf to flash.
Any help? :)

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
No, I have downloaded it from here: http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/41-sony-xperia-z-ultra-c6833
In fact, I'm trying to switch from GPe to monx .757 and I've read that I should flash .757 with flashtool first, then flash monx .757

Doing that way is safer ;)

What you need is baseband, kernel, elabel, etc so one of the stripted FTFs from here should be fine http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2712899 just use the one for your model.

After flashing the FTF you will need to get recovery again, so either DooMKernel or jackie099's

If you do flash a stripped FTF the phone will be in an unbootable state untill you get a Sony system on to it (ie monx or Sony)

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

The other way of cause is to flash monx then the FTF, that will mean less farting about. Then if you feel the need you can flash DooMKernel at a later date

Last edited:

seltoon

Jan 19, 2011
Tehran
Doing that way is safer ;)

What you need is baseband, kernel, elabel, etc so one of the stripted FTFs from here should be fine http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2712899 just use the one for your model.

After flashing the FTF you will need to get recovery again, so either DooMKernel or jackie099's

If you do flash a stripped FTF the phone will be in an unbootable state untill you get a Sony system on to it (ie monx or Sony)

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

The other way of cause is to flash monx then the FTF, that will mean less farting about. Then if you feel the need you can flash DooMKernel at a later date
After flashing the stripped FTF, how do I flash monx? via recovery? since it's a .zip file
I also tried flashing monx .zip on top of the GPe but that didn't work out and failed

seltoon

Jan 19, 2011
Tehran
You should be able to flash monx from the GPe rom, then flash the stripped FTF on top from flashtool.

Sent from CarbonROM on my Z-Ultra
Well, I've told myself, why not give blueether's carbon rom a try! I installed it and then I wanted to move to monx .757 now I'm stuck with cmw not starting aroma installer on monx .zip and I dunno why I don't have TWRP to restore my previous nandroids.
I've seen better days :)

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Well, I've told myself, why not give blueether's carbon rom a try! I installed it and then I wanted to move to monx .757 now I'm stuck with cmw not starting aroma installer on monx .zip and I dunno why I don't have TWRP to restore my previous nandroids.
I've seen better days :)

download jackie099's kernel with dual recovery and flash that with flashtool/fastboot and you will have twrp again to restore the backup. I dont know why CWM doesnt want to the aroma installer