Dabbler

Search This thread

McSurge45

Aug 20, 2011
Do you think it is possible to get the apk for the dabbler app? I have the regular old Tegra Note, and I would like to see if it would work on there.

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
Do you think it is possible to get the apk for the dabbler app? I have the regular old Tegra Note, and I would like to see if it would work on there.

It's really just a customized Autodesk Sketchbook that's modified to work with the K1 more efficiently.

I don't think it would help to pull it. If you really want though, I can send it your way to see if it works for you.

Reactions: aenews

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010

aenews

Jul 29, 2013
Bakersfield

Dabbler force closes (not surprisingly). The Write app works. Thanks for uploading them though.. I was wondering if Dabbler would work.

McSurge45

Aug 20, 2011
Thanks so much. It doesn't work though. I wanted to try watercolor.

Kirotan

Aug 9, 2011
Holland
Me too, and I am asking is there a way to make this compatible with a Samsung note 2014?
Or , just in case one can recommend a good handpainting program to use with the stylus?
Thanks in advance:highfive:

GIve the Corel Painter app a try. They have nice physical media effects.

Dabbler probably isn't going to be compatible with the Tegra Note or Samsung Note, since it is either reliant on the K1 SoC, or has software checks that prevent it from running on other SoCs.

KingPrincess

Jan 18, 2013
I have clover paint https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fareast.CloverPaint&hl=en

It's so good that I asked the dev if the $20 tablet UI add-on would work with the tegra note, they said no, I got it anyway, and it works. I was only gonna get it to give the dev more money but not only does it work it's the best UI ever. The painting itself (if you read up on it you can see the praise but in short) is the bomb. I got the directstylus pro pack and am completely skipping over this gen of tablets I'm just sticking with my tegra note and clover paint and my next tablet purchase will actually be based on what the clover paint developers use I guess either when my note dies or when I want a bigger screen. I originally was 100% intent on gaming for android which is why I ended up with the tegra note, boy am I glad it had another use.

If you do use clover paint you gotta go into the stylus settings and at the bottom do the automatic pressure detection, just press down as light and as hard as you plan on, basically drag it around and practice your strokes until it's done. The one problem with it right now is it's the most advanced program ever made but there's no documentation, so for example I have the pro stylus so that's two tips, then I have a third stylus which is one of them round wire tips and each time I switch I do the auto pressure, but maybe one day there'll be stylus profiles it's really, really confusing, I think it's the language barrier, but holy moly macaroni if you like to art you better try it and you better actually get to know it before deciding you don't like it a good example is to take the oil brush and see how it mixes colors and smudges it and then you can cusotmize brushes to no end with stuff like smudging and mixing and outlining and I don't know if you're trying it yet but if you're not why aren't you go sjust go forget this post and just go

HOBI3CAT

Nov 20, 2013
Charlotte
Dabbler force closes (not surprisingly). The Write app works. Thanks for uploading them though.. I was wondering if Dabbler would work.

I'm pretty sure that Nvidia created Dabbler to only be used with the K1 processor. It was a way for them to show off how powerful it really is in a fun, neat way.

Pretty sure I heard that in a demo somewhere.

I don't know if there's any way to run dabbler in other devices but I randomly realized that the handwriting recognition app Shield has installed by default is an actual app that can be downloaded from the playstore. I had asked a friend if she knew a good handwriting recognition app before I got my Shield and by the time she sent me the link to the app I had already gotten my Shield so I saw right away it's the exact same thing! It's called MyScript and it's in beta. Here's the link if anyone wants to try it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.visionobjects.stylusmobile.v3_2_store

I saw you uploaded the recognition app too and thought maybe this could help. ;)

yasteora

Apr 12, 2015
I don't know if there's any way to run dabbler in other devices but I randomly realized that the handwriting recognition app Shield has installed by default is an actual app that can be downloaded from the playstore. I had asked a friend if she knew a good handwriting recognition app before I got my

Hi ,guy, I need want to try that if dabbler works on my Tegra note 7. But i cant download from google playstore.

Top Liked Posts