[ROM] [NIGHTLY] CM7 on the G2x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Sep 13, 2008
Riverside CA.
I love CM7 and with every update it runs smoother and the problems that Ive had seem to be resolved.

Had an issue connecting with wifi but it magically disappeared with 21

Been having volume issues just like everyone else has but I do not know whats causing this. A simple reboot usually fixes this for me.

Thank you and keep up the good work

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I haven't had many problems with audio. Actually I don't have many problems at all.

My Cellular Signal seems to stock working after a while. I just see grey bars but I still can call,text, and use data so I know I'm connected. The icon gets stupid and stops working. That plus the APN's don't stick.

I'm going to compare my SIM card when I get home with the one in the box. I've heard several people claim the G2x came with a new style SIM card. Mine isn't that old but even WiFi Calling is saying "Invalid Sim". Could be a combination of weird APN settings with CM7 and all.

Build #22 does have quite a few updates but nothing specifically related to any major problems for us specifically. All of those updates are being pushed to other phones too. Most likely won't fix anything major bugs unless they add more.

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I haven't had many problems with audio. Actually I don't have many problems at all.

My Cellular Signal seems to stock working after a while. I just see grey bars but I still can call,text, and use data so I know I'm connected. The icon gets stupid and stops working. That plus the APN's don't stick.

I'm going to compare my SIM card when I get home with the one in the box. I've heard several people claim the G2x came with a new style SIM card. Mine isn't that old but even WiFi Calling is saying "Invalid Sim". Could be a combination of weird APN settings with CM7 and all.

Build #22 does have quite a few updates but nothing specifically related to any major problems for us specifically. All of those updates are being pushed to other phones too. Most likely won't fix anything major bugs unless they add more.

I'll save you the time :)

The sim card that came with the g2x is the same one that came with my Nexus S and Nexus One.

Profondo_Rosso

Sep 22, 2010
A little help would be appreciated.

I placed the Cm7 zip on my sd card (the phone is rooted), flashed it through rom manager (with full wipe), but when it reboots I don't have CM7. I had CM7 on my N1, so I know the deal...or thought I did.

Is there a step I'm missing?

jrharvey

Apr 19, 2010
Charlotte NC

I placed the Cm7 zip on my sd card (the phone is rooted), flashed it through rom manager (with full wipe), but when it reboots I don't have CM7. I had CM7 on my N1, so I know the deal...or thought I did.

You should probably reboot into recovery and flash it from there, not rom manager. You must put CM7 on your external SD for it to work.

Reactions: Profondo_Rosso

dagaetch

Apr 8, 2010

did you install clockwork through rom manager or via the nvflash method? rom manager currently is doing a 'fake flash' of the recovery image, you have to do the nvflash method for it to take in reality IIRC

Reactions: Profondo_Rosso

eleeo037037

Oct 11, 2009
Houston
I'm also getting nasty lock ups on when using the browser had to do a few battery pulls in some cases in others I just waited till it FC .
Other than the the build is slowly progressing.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

reisaru

Apr 20, 2011
San Francisco, CA
did you install clockwork through rom manager or via the nvflash method? rom manager currently is doing a 'fake flash' of the recovery image, you have to do the nvflash method for it to take in reality IIRC

No. Do not use ROM Manager to flash CWM on P99x. Use nvflash.

There are tools posted to XDA-Dev that are based on nvflash, such as this one.

GilesK

Mar 26, 2010
Panama City Beach, Fl.
I'll save you the time :)

The sim card that came with the g2x is the same one that came with my Nexus S and Nexus One.

I came from a Nexus One where I had some problems early on and they replaced my sim card. When I bought the G2X from T-Mobile store the rep told me they had to change out the sim card or else I wouldn't get 4g... I questioned it and said my sim card wasn't that old. They showed me they were slightly different colors on the back of the card and that I did indeed have an old one.

I was quite impressed with Tmobile for a change that they were checking everything for me before I left the store...

So is there any truth to T-Mobile or not? I would think there is some truth if they are being told to change out sim cards.
If you are having problems I would defiantly change out the sim card if you are running an older one. It shouldn't cost anything and worth a shot.

bamabruin

Feb 22, 2011
Titanium Backup Question

When I open TB in CM7, should I be able to view apps/data backed up on other ROMS, such as the stock froyo rom?

Specifically, I would love to return to a game without losing any progess in levels. Is this possible?

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I came from a Nexus One where I had some problems early on and they replaced my sim card. When I bought the G2X from T-Mobile store the rep told me they had to change out the sim card or else I wouldn't get 4g... I questioned it and said my sim card wasn't that old. They showed me they were slightly different colors on the back of the card and that I did indeed have an old one.

I was quite impressed with Tmobile for a change that they were checking everything for me before I left the store...

So is there any truth to T-Mobile or not? I would think there is some truth if they are being told to change out sim cards.
If you are having problems I would defiantly change out the sim card if you are running an older one. It shouldn't cost anything and worth a shot.

That's true, when in doubt use the sim card that came with the phone. I've been using my Nexus S card and haven't had any troubles. But you make a good point.

WorldWide60

Jul 9, 2010
Atlanta Ga
I updated my sim, and the apn setting stock a lot better since. Originally, I couldn't get the apn's to such no later what I did. Now, once a day they disappear, but normally come back after a reboot.

Is call forwarding/google voice working for anyone else?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

khanh1289

Aug 10, 2010
anyone's camera showing both front and back camera as "Back" in the selection?

If no, how could i fix this? i tried to delete the camera's data already but didnt work

Reactions: jstrayy

reisaru

Apr 20, 2011
San Francisco, CA
anyone's camera showing both front and back camera as "Back" in the selection?

If no, how could i fix this? i tried to delete the camera's data already but didnt work

We all have the same issue, just sit tight. Since it doesn't interfere with functionality (you can tell which sensor is active just by the image), I imagine it to be a low-priority (though VERY simple) fix.

npeters0621

May 1, 2011
Boise, Idaho
I've been using Bionix now for about a week and it is by far the best build of GB for the G2x that I have used. Much prefer it to CM. I hate the freaking stupid ADW launcher they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Important!

It is strongly recommended that you flash clockwork recovery via NVFlash. If for some reason this or a future nightly build causes your phone to not boot up, you will not be able to boot into recovery unless you have it flashed via NVFlash.

NVFlash for Linux
    NVFlash for Windows

To clear up some confusion, if you flashed your recovery via ROM Manager, you didn't actually flash a recovery. It is what we call a fakeflash, you should still probably flash with NVFlash.

Instructions

Download from http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=p999 and flash like you would any other ROM (via recovery or ROM Manager).
    Be sure to backup before flashing, and of course a wipe is necessary when coming from stock.

Gapps are available from the usual places, however do not download the version that says it is for Tegra, even though this is a tegra device, as it will not flash.

Mod Edit:
    Google Addon: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/
    Check the lastest package available on top

ChrisSoyars Edit:

After skimming some of the posts in this thread, here are some things that you can expect.

What to expect
    - Everything working including Wifi, GPS, Audio, Camera, Front Facing Camera
    - Screen off animation is not enabled, therefore it isn't broken.
    - Occasional audio problems (as far as I know they have not been fixed). If audio does not play just reboot.
    - Automagical brightness weridness, this is controlled by the kernel and not userspace, even having it working is very hacky.
    Thanks a ton. Never thought to look in programs. Also thanks for the post. I guess "BSOD" reveals a bit more in the search.

if i have helped please for the love of god click the thanks button on the post that helped lol its bugging the hell out of me im still at 0 thanks :D:D:D
    Did some thread cleaning, back on topic please.
    Note: Do not flash Paul's mount fix, it does not like CM7 :eek:
    Gapps with Video Chat

In some good news. Here's the latest gapps with working video chat. Enjoy

Thanks to simms22 and Morfic for this :)