[GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CrippleB

Aug 19, 2010
El Sobrante, CA.
installed it successfully but for some reason when i run su in terminal it does not give me root, and none of my root apps do not work am i doing something wrong or am i not understanding something?

Mods Please Delete if I am out of line on this. Just trying to help others w/temp root.

When I ran OP process I was showing root(# symbol in ADB shell) but like you was having SU and other SU apps not seeing root.SU kept saying su binary out of date. Not sure why this was happening I had uninstalled SU and restarted adb and phone but still SU would not see root(after root process). I hope I am not out of line here but there is another thread made by J.eremy that made a script that is menu driven and it worked to bring me temp root. I'm not sure if I was missing some step but with the other script(still uses fre3vo)I had success. Restored some data with My back pro. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
To clarify: Fre3dom is on track. Fre3vo^2 is also on track. Just saying that we're telling HTC about the bug that gives us temp-root.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

It would be nice if HTC could show the appreciation you guys deserve by providing S-OFF/perm to you seeing as you're helping them with their security flaws.

just sayin :cool:

Stephanie95

Jun 20, 2010
It won't hurt the cause, as long as you don't accept any updates HTC make to fix it :p Apparently this is a pretty major security flaw, so NEEDS to be fixed.

I need some clarificaton.

If HTC is told about the specific "flaw". Won't they fix it?
so
If people buy a new phone, won't it be factory "fixed", then it can't be rooted?

If there is a flaw that "NEEDS to be fixed", can the flaw be fixed after root?
If not, should we root?
Won't we all have phones open to attack?

Are you suggesting getting HTC to fix the flaw and open up the phone(unlock it), in cooperation?

Is there any way to permanently root and patch the flaw?:)

sn0b0ard

Sep 26, 2008
I need some clarificaton.

If HTC is told about the specific "flaw". Won't they fix it?
so
If people buy a new phone, won't it be factory "fixed", then it can't be rooted?

If there is a flaw that "NEEDS to be fixed", can the flaw be fixed after root?
If not, should we root?
Won't we all have phones open to attack?

Are you suggesting getting HTC to fix the flaw and open up the phone(unlock it), in cooperation?

Is there any way to permanently root and patch the flaw?:)

When you root your phone with any method, you are exposing your phone to 'attack'. The exploit they found allows us a temporary root right now through an adb shell. As it is, our phones are still S-ON and system isn't writeable without losing root. I honestly think these sort of questions probably shouldn't be asked considering the secrecy needed for keeping root, and the fact that TeamWin has already talked about the implications of this exploit. Bottom line: Let TeamWin handle it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephanie95

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
When you root your phone with any method, you are exposing your phone to 'attack'. The exploit they found allows us a temporary root right now through an adb shell. As it is, our phones are still S-OFF and system isn't writeable without losing root. I honestly think these sort of questions probably shouldn't be asked considering the secrecy needed for keeping root, and the fact that TeamWin has already talked about the implications of this exploit. Bottom line: Let TeamWin handle it.

you mean they are s-on bud ;) also i agree let the devs do their work. not to mention im sure HTC has people on here to get the "hacks" and **** to patch their OTA's up lol if not they are stupid.

Reactions: Stephanie95

sn0b0ard

Sep 26, 2008
Will this work for the regular Evo 4G too on 4.3.3?

From everything I've read (user comments and from official posts by TeamWin) this exploit only works for Evo 3D and Sensation. Evo 4G support is still unannounced. I would check the Evo 4G forums or the teamw.in website for any future plans for it.

igotroot

Dec 4, 2010
Oops....I didn't see that Stephanie95 basically asked my same set of questions..so, nevermind. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread (Discontinued)

#teamwin is proud to announce the Fre3vo tool for the HTC EVO 3D and Sensation!

What is Fre3vo: Fre3vo is a temp-root acquiring tool, allowing users access to a root shell on their HTC EVO 3D and Sensation devices.

What is Fre3dom: Fre3dom was the name of the tool being developed to enable S-OFF on the EVO 3D and Sensation. This has been abandon since AlphaRevX has announced on twitter that they've had the devices open for weeks now.

Fre3vo can be downloaded here: http://tinyw.in/1lJ

Prereqs:
    1. You must be able to push files via adb to your device.
    2. You must know what a shell is.

Instructions:
    1. Download the fre3vo zip
    2. Unzip the fre3vo binary
    3. Push the binary via 'adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp'
    4. Change the permissions via 'adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'
    5. Run the binary via 'adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'

If all goes well, you'll be kicked back to your computer's command prompt. (Some may get more messages, but it seems the Sensation buffers the stderr more than the EVO 3D)

run 'adb shell' and you should have a '#' prompt instead of '%'.

This is temporary root. A reboot will clobber it. There are many threads with scripts for doing what the community has dubbed "perma-temp root", which lets you run all your root-based apps.
    [Reserved for future details]
    [More reserved for future use]
    This thread is closed. When this rom is ready to go, then it can be re-opened, until then I don't see any actual development ongoing in here.

agrabren - PM me when your ready to post the rom.
    To clarify: Fre3dom is on track. Fre3vo^2 is also on track. Just saying that we're telling HTC about the bug that gives us temp-root.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk