[Flashable] CWM Flash-Counter Reset SGH-T989D (Telus) and SGH-T989 (Tmo)

Search This thread

RA017

Jul 28, 2010
Thanks. The zip does not come with an md5 file, so is there a way of checking that it is the same one from post 1?

I just googled the files and comes up with the link. I also used the Telus one and proved that it worked. If you're too concerned about it, just wait till you get some authentic link direct from Mr X. 'Nuff said !

With due respect, I don't think the original link has MD5 signature either.

romulus86

Oct 9, 2012
I just googled the files and comes up with the link. I also used the Telus one and proved that it worked. If you're too concerned about it, just wait till you get some authentic link direct from Mr X. 'Nuff said !

With due respect, I don't think the original link has MD5 signature either.
Thanks, I just tried it and it works. I googled an md5 checker and it matched the one from the original post. All good.

Reactions: Phateless

armoguy94

May 25, 2009
I am sending my phone in to T-Mobile for warranty. Are the chances great that T-Mobile would actually check the flash counter?

digband

Oct 16, 2010
Download urls for zip files in OP are broken - anyone know where we can get these files? I'm looking for the TMO one - I downloaded another zip from somewhere else but the MD5 is not the same as the OP.... thx.

abraham.ramirez

Sep 18, 2011
I want to extract the uvli1 baseband but i don't know how to exactly. if someone can give me the adb commands i know i can do it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Skyline969

Jan 10, 2011
Looks like the links are 404ing. Does anyone have a mirror? More specifically, the T989D one?

wj04

Jul 8, 2009
All links are down

Kinda like the enemy's gate.

Only not good.

Any chance to rehost the TMO files?

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Just found this http://db.tt/4p2fCtdL

Show love.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is a the Odin/Flash counter?
    Many users call this by three different names, Odin counter, Flash counter, or the Download Counter ( Most Common). This counter appears when the device is in download mode. When you use Odin, or anything else to flash a non Samsung Kernel to the device, this counter will change from "NO" to a number, depending on how many times you flash a kernel using this method will depend on what your counter says.

Why should I care about this?
    Normally you wouldn't have to care, however If you have to return your device to Samsung or the carrier. Their technicians are now trained to check this download counter and if it says ANYTHING but "NO" your warranty will be voided, they will either return the device unfixed to you or send you an invoice for the repairs.

My device is fine, is there any advantage to clearing the download counter?
    If you have a custom recovery flashed, and are confident you will not be using download mode to flash a non Samsung kernel, I say YES. In the event your device becomes damaged and you are unable to flash it. You will have the confidence of sending it back knowing that the Counter reports "NO" so there is less of a chance that the device will be rejected for repair under warranty.

Is this dangerous?
    In a perfect world things never go wrong, but our world is not perfect clearly. You are flashing a boot-loader, specifically the SBL1 (secondary boot-loader #1). You should not ever have an issue flashing this. But In the event your battery dies while flashing this or the zip file becomes corrupt. YOU WILL BRICK. This is not designed to let you reset your counter 100 times, each time you reset the counter, you play with fire. Too many times, and you get burnt. CHECK THE MD5sum! Don't be a fool.

How do i check my counter?
    Power your device off, hold Vol Down and turn the device on, keep holding the Vol button until you see download mode appear. Press Vol Up to bypass the warning and your "Custom binary" counter will be the second line, it should say "NO" if you are clean and warranty intact, it will contain a number if not.

Ahhhhhhhh... I get it, so what's this flashable zip do again?
    It resets your counter from a numbered value to "NO"

Get the Flash Counter Reset CWM Flashable Zip
    Fear not, they have been tested.

Telus T989D
    HERE
    md5: 7230923eedcdb8268d6d951089eebc7c flash_counter_reset_Telus_SGH-T989D.zi

Tmo T989
    HERE
    md5: 3e117d2c5b290fb3f5d6f4ca01ac2691 flash_counter_reset_Tmo_SGH-T989.zip
    Sent from my T989 using Jedi mind tricks

Awesome, thanks. I downloaded both so that I can re-host them on a reliable mirror in the event that that one goes down.
    Just so everyone knows, you can mount this partition using rootexplorer and edit the 1 to a 0.

Booting into download mode will confirm it has been reset & gives you the new setup screen again..
    Just CWM, its not an odin tar.
    Found this link that is still working. Download it while you still can.

http://ftp.androidfilehost.com/mrx/

The Telus T989D counter reset also works on Koodo T989D