[APP] DLNA by Huawei (SmartShare Alternative)

Search This thread

NoDze

dlna-connect-and-enjoy---light-text.png

DLNA® by Huawei®

This is one great alternative app that you might want to look into. I was looking for a ported version of LG's SmartShare app because I have a DLNA TV which I rendered more or less useless without the SmartShare app which is not working on custom roms (CM, AOKP, SlimRom and so on). I have tried BubbleUpnP, iMediaShare and some other app which was either laggy or you had to buy the pro version to enjoy listening to more than 5 songs(yep, for me those are both of those aforementioned). So I was digging and found this beauty. A standalone Stock app by Huawei which did the job great and maybe even better.

It features:
  • Standard DLNA sharing of Videos, Music and Photos
  • Connecting to your PC and playing shared media files FROM it on your TV/Phone
  • Downloading shared files/transfering from PC or other device connected and sharing

Cons:
  • Maybe a little tricky to set up
  • Music isn't shuffled, photos probably either

Grab it and enjoy. Worked for me on CM10, CM10.2, SlimBean 4.3 and CM11. All credits go to the original porter, TeamAndroid, and to Huawei, of course.

Download

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-08-03-36-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-08-03-36-04.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 3,598
  • Screenshot_2014-03-08-03-35-49.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-08-03-35-49.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 3,745
  • Screenshot_2014-03-08-03-35-43.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-08-03-35-43.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 3,620
  • Screenshot_2014-03-08-03-35-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-08-03-35-38.png
    239.1 KB · Views: 3,068

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dlna-connect-and-enjoy---light-text.png

DLNA® by Huawei®

This is one great alternative app that you might want to look into. I was looking for a ported version of LG's SmartShare app because I have a DLNA TV which I rendered more or less useless without the SmartShare app which is not working on custom roms (CM, AOKP, SlimRom and so on). I have tried BubbleUpnP, iMediaShare and some other app which was either laggy or you had to buy the pro version to enjoy listening to more than 5 songs(yep, for me those are both of those aforementioned). So I was digging and found this beauty. A standalone Stock app by Huawei which did the job great and maybe even better.

It features:
    • Standard DLNA sharing of Videos, Music and Photos
    • Connecting to your PC and playing shared media files FROM it on your TV/Phone
    • Downloading shared files/transfering from PC or other device connected and sharing

Cons:
    • Maybe a little tricky to set up
    • Music isn't shuffled, photos probably either

Grab it and enjoy. Worked for me on CM10, CM10.2, SlimBean 4.3 and CM11. All credits go to the original porter, TeamAndroid, and to Huawei, of course.

Download