[11/02][DEV][ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 for Samsung Express (GT-I8730)

Search This thread

MariusiK31

Nov 4, 2013
Ploiesti
Yes - first flashed 'I8730XWAMK1_I8730KPNAMK3_I8730XWAMK1_HOME.tar.md5', then did the CWM and then the 'cm-11-20140830-UNOFFICIAL-expressltexx.zip' Also did the wiping and stuff, just like described. The mentioned versions are correct, or not?

yes,they are correct.dunno why u have those problems,i'll install it too for more tests

paulwollf

Jan 12, 2014
@szezso: Is it possible to port the s4 minis stock kk rom cause i like kk touchwiz:)

Sent from my GT-I8730 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

szezso

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 1, 2012
Budakalász
@szezso: Is it possible to port the s4 minis stock kk rom cause i like kk touchwiz:)

I've already ported it, but because of the qHD screen, only the Settings app works, no other apps.

But: camera, SDcard, BT, sensors, screen works properly

Only the NFC and the WiFi is broken as I see.

Progress can be only made with the Ace 4's stock ROM, which is WVGA and QCom-powered. :)

Sent from my GT-I8730 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: kide71

kotzir

Jul 9, 2013
Thessaloniki
Xiaomi Mi 8
I've already ported it, but because of the qHD screen, only the Settings app works, no other apps.

But: camera, SDcard, BT, sensors, screen works properly

Only the NFC and the WiFi is broken as I see.

Progress can be only made with the Ace 4's stock ROM, which is WVGA and QCom-powered. :)

@szezso, I' ve done some research and ACE 4 doesn't seem to be QCom-powered

In Sammobile.com there are several variants of Ace 4 LTE: SM-G313F, SM-G313ΗΝ, SM-G313HU, SM-G313HZ, SM-G313M, SM-G313MU

I downloaded Stock Samsung firmware: SM-G313F and the device codename is: vivaltoltexx (ro.product.name=vivaltoltexx, taken from build.prop)! This means that it is LTE capable! Also ro.product.board=M32020 (our is ro.product.board=MSM8960) After some searching, I found that SoC is: Renesas MP5232. It seems to be the same with Samsung Galaxy Core LTE (SM-G386F) (Seen from a benchmarking database)

Are you sure it is Qcom?

Last edited:

szezso

May 1, 2012
Budakalász
@szezso, I' ve done some research and ACE 4 doesn't seem to be QCom-powered

I downloaded Stock Samsung firmware: SM-G313F and the device codename is: vivaltoltexx (ro.product.name=vivaltoltexx, taken from build.prop)! This means that it is LTE capable! Also ro.product.board=M32020 (our is ro.product.board=MSM8960) After some searching, I found that SoC is: Renesas MP5232. It seems to be the same with Samsung Galaxy Core LTE (SM-G386F) (Seen from a benchmarking database)

Are you sure it is Qcom?

I think, SamMobile is just messed up. The 3G version of it doesn't have a Qualcomm CPU, that's right. The 4G ROM is strange, but in my opinion, it just a bad name of the ROM, because the Ace 4 LTE hasn't been announced or something...

We'll see... :)

magseg

Oct 25, 2008
Up north...
Hi.
Installed latest update.
Works good.
GPS works, Sound OK.
Much fatser than stoch rom.
Seems to use more internal memory then last update, don't know why....

Thanx!

Reactions: Rahtah

magseg

Oct 25, 2008
Up north...
Tested GPS in googlemaps while driving today. worked fine yeaterday walking.
now. no signal in enerhysave mode. in highest mode it takes 8 minuters to find position and it moves to right position on map and stat still in 3-5 seconds and then jump... to next and stat still and jumps...
normal lag or...? stock rom does not. works smooth.

paulwollf

Jan 12, 2014
I found a bug in the latest build
YouTube Videos are "damaged" and blackwhite

Attachments

• 1410531941934.jpg
    1410531941934.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 117
  • 1410531958926.jpg
    1410531958926.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 1410531973745.jpg
    1410531973745.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 80

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is for the International GT-I8730 ONLY! It is NOT for the SGH-I437! Just because Samsung named them both "Express" does not mean they have identical internal hardware!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Screenshots

20kyexj.jpg

4qg7t0.png

Downloads

ClockworkMod Recovery (needed to flash KK): http://www.mediafire.com/download/nlcq4tlcedjxj34/recovery.img

Latest build (11.02): http://www.mediafire.com/download/czk14wiwuyeixoq/cm-11-20141101-UNOFFICIAL-expressltexx.zip

Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Bugs
    - NFC

Installation

- First time flashing CM11.0 to your Galaxy Express (or coming from another ROM)?
    Root your device.
    Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
    Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    Do a Nandroid backup!
    Flash the I8730XWAMK1 baseband via odin (Guide, thanks to @Svennen)
    WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    Optionally install the Google Apps

Changelog
    Full changelog can be found on Github, just check the sources! :)

- 10/26
    - CM sync
    - TimeService-related fixes
    - Modded gps.conf
    - Now you don't need a seperate app for mounting USB sticks :)

- Older releases:

- 10/26
    - CM sync
    - Several RIL tweaks
    - Completely fixed USB OTG
    - Some cleanup

- 09/21
    - CM sync (M10 source merged)
    - Fixed USB OTG (for someone, at least)
    - Kernel synced with CAF

- 09/15
    - CM sync
    - Set enabled buffers to 3 (better performance hopefully)
    - Kernel synced with CAF
    - Allowed more background services
    - Updated some RIL code

]- 09/10
    - CM sync
    - Updated RIL blobs from the S4 Mini's Kitkat update
    - Fixed GPS (using the new GPS HAL, it seems to be faster)

- 08/30
    - CM sync
    - Updated every vendor library from the S4 Mini's and the Express 2's official Kitkat update
    - Reworked GPS HAL (arco)

- 08/27
    - CM sync
    - Enabled mount/unmount option for external SD
    - Enabled proximity wake option
    - Updated CWM Recovery (6.0.5.0)

- 08/13
    - CM sync
    - Fixed 4G disappeared issue

- 08/08
    - CM sync
    - Fixed time issue completely
    - Initial support for PN547 NFC (almost works, ALMOST)

- 07/28
    - CM sync
    - Fixed huge battery drain caused by msm_otg wakelock
    - Fixed automatic brightness
    - Fixed time issue completely (needs to be confirmed by users)

- 07/16
    - CM sync
    - Android 4.4.4_r2 (KTU84Q)
    - Fixed bad sound in phone calls

- 07/15
    - CM sync
    - Now using custom PowerHAL
    - Updated snd_soc_msm_Sitar to fix separated FM
    - Disabled RETIRE_FENCE

- 06/25
    - CM sync
    - Fixed FM Radio
    - Fixed Mobile data

- 06/23
    - Initial release

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

If you're having issues like these:
    -Phone reboots randomly.
    -Phone blacks out, and you have to force shut down/remove and put the battery back in for it to turn on again. (This problem doesn't happen when it's plugged in though)
    -No Audio AT ALL.
    -No calling works, phone also sticks/freezes when you try to make or accept a call, there is a blank screen. When the call does go though, neither you or the other person can hear.
    -No video plays either, test with youtube if you're unsure about this one.
    -Several apps/features that attempt to play audio crashed and freezes.

Try this (thanks to @toxious651):

1. Factory reset current rom and clean cache.
    2. Download and install this entire firmware using ODIN (make sure you use this specific firmware):
    http://samsung-updates.com/details/16541/Galaxy_Express/GT-I8730/KPN/I8730XWAMK1.html
    Note: I recommend you use the terafile.co link, to download, scroll to the bottom under "Free" and click a link that says "Regular", close the popup, enter the captcha when the countdown is done and click "Create Download Link".
    3. Check if audio, calling, and playing videos work after installing that firmware. If they do, then continue to do the remaining steps.
    4. DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR FLASH THE BASEBAND IN THE OP. The firmware I gave in step 2 covers that.This is important, do not use that baseband as it is probably the source of your problem.
    4. Root the phone
    5. Install clockworkmod recovery
    6. Factory reset and clean cache
    7. Install CM11 Zip

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    FAQ
    Can I request a feature?
    If it is a feature in general CyanogenMod, please post the request at the CyanogenMod bug tracker.
    https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    How to install baseband only by Odin:

Don't quote this message, because I'm updating frequently.

No more need to flash the whole stock rom.
    I extraced the modem file and you can flash it with odin.

Link to Odin.

I8730XWAMK1
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/19cg7udibhgnqvy/I8730XWAMK1.rar

-start Odin.
    -Select CP-button and fetch the baseband.tar
    -Only thing checked should be "Auto Reboot"
    -Put phone in download mode
    -Plug in USB
    -hit Start
    Let it reboot and check if u have signal.
    UPDATE! :highfive:
    I'll be at home tomorrow or Wednesday, I'll make a build with 4.1 props. That must fix the time issues. :)