No Connetion: Retry problem with Play Store

Search This thread

Interflop

Dec 1, 2012
This has been an ongoing problem for me across every ROM and each one seems to handle it slightly differently. On first boot after doing a clean install of any ROM, whether it's AOSP or TW, the Play Store will never connect properly. On AOSP, clearing Play Store and Google Services data and restarting does the trick. Right now I'm on JellyBeans 20, which on a clean install will only connect to play store after clearing data on Play Store and Google Services, restarting, and then adding my Google account again. This usually works. On any 4.3 TW ROM I've tried flashing, I've been unable to get the Play Store to connect, attempting every trick I've seen posted such as modifying/deleting the hosts file and clearing data.

The only thing I haven't done yet is restore to stock and start over. Is there a reason this is happening to me?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
This has been an ongoing problem for me across every ROM and each one seems to handle it slightly differently. On first boot after doing a clean install of any ROM, whether it's AOSP or TW, the Play Store will never connect properly. On AOSP, clearing Play Store and Google Services data and restarting does the trick. Right now I'm on JellyBeans 20, which on a clean install will only connect to play store after clearing data on Play Store and Google Services, restarting, and then adding my Google account again. This usually works. On any 4.3 TW ROM I've tried flashing, I've been unable to get the Play Store to connect, attempting every trick I've seen posted such as modifying/deleting the hosts file and clearing data.

The only thing I haven't done yet is restore to stock and start over. Is there a reason this is happening to me?

If you have Titanium backup app, open up the app and see if it prompts you to restore your old ID? if it does, then select restore the old ID, phone will reboot and see if that works.