[Q] HTC ONE SV "Lock screen common control has stopped unexpectedly"

Search This thread

jamesnicocruz

Jun 20, 2014
Guys, i have done everything i could to try to fix this problem. But my phone always has popups saying "Lock screen common control has stopped unexpectedly. Would you like to send HTC a report blah blah" I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT'S CAUSING THIS. I even reset the phone. Also, when i press the lock button after the screen is off, there is no lock screen. It's like a plain wallpaper with the pull down notifs. So i have to pull down the notif, press settings and then click the BACK button just to get to the home screen. Along with this problem, when im in any app and i press HOME button, it's like my homescreen is always resetting. And then the pop-ups come back again. I really need your help guys. Hoping for your intelligent responses.

WHAT CAN I DO?

zmbutt

Jan 24, 2011
Karachi
did you modify anything, root ? unlock etc ?
if not, you need to deep reset you phone from recovery mod.

zmbutt

Jan 24, 2011
Karachi
Reset/format your phone using recovery mod.
if you cannot operate your phone, just put out the battery, & put it back in, start the phone.

1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.

jamesnicocruz

Jun 20, 2014
Reset/format your phone using recovery mod.
if you cannot operate your phone, just put out the battery, & put it back in, start the phone.

1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
  2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.

Now the problem is...

I did reset it. And when it turned on, everything stopped working. Like ALL APPS. Popups were flooding. "HTC sense has stopped working". So i cannot do anything, so what i did was I restarted the phone. And voila! IT IS STUCK ON A BOOTSCREEN LOOP. Bootloader's option now is to only REBOOT. But rebooting only makes my phone go into bootscreen loop.

NOW I CANNOT FACTORY RESET/CLEAR STORAGE/ETC. I can only REBOOT. So my phone is practically useless now.