[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

siealex

Jul 22, 2008
Kharkov
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
I need to change it automatically via Llama or Tasker.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

One more question. Why do I need THREE taps to reboot the phone via the power menu? Select "reboot", then mode (system, recovery...) and then CONFIRM. There was no confirmation in 3.99.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

FYI, you can change 2g/3g using the quick tiles...
Where? I don't see such tile in quick tiles.
PS, I need direct setting of network modes (as in *#*#4636#*#*), not "only 2G networks" in standard settings.

sirovai

Jan 10, 2014
Rome
Edit: With the beta 4 hover shows every in call number as unknown. Like the number isn't saved in contacts

Last edited:

chillywings

Feb 26, 2009
I just installed today (8/29 release), and I wanted to report that pano mode in the AOSP camera isn't working. Not a big deal to me, just want to report.

Schultz.y

Aug 15, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
Question on updating...

I'm on PA v 4.3 running a Dirty_V kernel. I've read that all versions of PA past 4.0 you can just flash the update with no need to wipe. No matter the version I've been running, I've always backed up, wiped the entire phone(data, cache, delvik, etc) and then flashed the rom and kernel. If I want to just flash the newest version of the ROM and the newest version of Dirty_V kernel without wiping, I would be okay to do so right? I've read that some users, after updating the ROM, will flash the stock kernel first and then re-install the kernel of choice, but I feel like that is something I only need to worry about when switching in between ROM's. What do you guys do? What works for you?

Bottom line, I figure I'll update following these steps and everything will go okay, yeah?:
1. NAND Backup
2. Flash updated ROM, complete a regular boot, then reboot into recovery
3. Flash updated kernel
4. boot as regular
5. profit

FredFS456

Apr 9, 2012
Vancouver
I'm on PA v 4.3 running a Dirty_V kernel. I've read that all versions of PA past 4.0 you can just flash the update with no need to wipe. No matter the version I've been running, I've always backed up, wiped the entire phone(data, cache, delvik, etc) and then flashed the rom and kernel. If I want to just flash the newest version of the ROM and the newest version of Dirty_V kernel without wiping, I would be okay to do so right? I've read that some users, after updating the ROM, will flash the stock kernel first and then re-install the kernel of choice, but I feel like that is something I only need to worry about when switching in between ROM's. What do you guys do? What works for you?

Bottom line, I figure I'll update following these steps and everything will go okay, yeah?:
1. NAND Backup
2. Flash updated ROM, complete a regular boot, then reboot into recovery
3. Flash updated kernel
4. boot as regular
5. profit

Don't forget to wipe cache/dalvik when flashing the custom kernel. Since you're on 4.4, no need to use anykernel2 and the fuss that comes with flashing the stock kernel first (ramdisk modification complications from what I remember correctly).

nonoperez

Nov 22, 2012
New build is up, dynamic status bar is a beautiful concept, but performance is not good, lag everywhere, at least in my maguro. Anyone else?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    5. CUSTOM KERNELS (You need to flash STOCK one first)

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,

Development:
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

MAKE A DONATION