[ROM] Foxstar v1.4.0 | 2.3.6 | WiFi Calling |Speed | Battery | Customization |03/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aecabanaboy

Jun 21, 2008
www.newideasunlimited.com
missing beats

33vdu36.png

◙ Based on UVKL1 2.3.6 **NEW**
◙ Wifi Calling **NEW**
◙ Super Fast Animations
◙ Smooth Scrolling
◙ Modified Version of Anim Mod
-Customize what transition animations you want
-Modded so that "Stock Android" Option will not flash Stock Android, but Foxstar's default animations [which are sped up] !
- Modded to match color scheme
◙ Rooted
◙ Bravia Engine
◙ BEATS + XLOUD AUDIO ** NEW **
◙ Zipaligned on boot
◙ Extended Power Menu
◙ 16 Customizable Notification Toggles
◙ 1% Battery Mod
◙ Debloated [bloater app included to rebloat if you choose]
◙ Very minimally themed
◙ build.prop tweaks
◙ Synergy Kernel [BLN,OTG,OC/UV,Autogrouping]
◙ bootanimation.zip support
◙ CRT-OFF Animation
◙ Int'l GS2 Shutdown Animation
◙ init.d tweaks
◙ Bloater.apk included to rebloat [if you so choose]
◙ System Tuner To Adjust Voltages / Overclock
◙ Wifi + Wired Tether apps!

Download:
Foxstar 1.4.0 RC 1

updated 3/11

Previous Versions:
Foxstar 1.3.2

Foxstar 1.3.1

Foxstar Beta v1.0.2 02/12/2012

1.0.2 Icon Hotfix

Foxstar Beta v 1.0.0

This Rom is Available Through ROM Manager. With Rom Manager Premium You Will Recieve OTA Updates!

I am a very very very community oriented developer. My work is always oriented towards community suggestions, ideas and testing. Please leave your ideas and comments here!

I RECOMMEND USING THE LAGFREE GOVERNOR

Installation Instructions:
A)
Download To SD Card
Boot into CWM Recovery
Install zip from SD Card!
Choose this Zip.
Wait a minute or so.
Reboot.

or
B)
Use Rom Manager.

TODO List:
Swipe to dismiss notifications
Your suggestions

Changelog:

03/11/2012 - Rebuilt from KL1 .tar from the ground up. Wifi Calling now works. Android Version 2.3.6. Animations sped up more. Delicious update was delicious.

03/07/2012 - Added Beats+Xloud Audio. Fixed Bravia. Updated Market to Google Play Store.

03/02/2012 - Removed DSP. WifiTether and Wired located @ /sdcards/FOXSTAR ADDONS.

03/01/2012 - Modded AnimMOD, Removed AT&T Contacts, System Tuner Added, System Apps Updated to latest version, WifiTether and WiredTether Added, Minor Framework Edits

02/12/2012 - Extended Power Menu, Boot Animation Change, UI Tweaks, Easter Egg Added, Default Wallpaper Change, Default Lockscreen Wallpaper Change, Rom Manager OTA Compatability.

For Updates on Progress :

Thanks to:
, MrX, Samsung, lidroid, G1ForFun, syngergeticink Cyanogenmod and you...the community.

Special thanks:
To all who have donated, I am truly thankful. I never expect, or ask for donations, but man is it flattering to recieve one. I do this because I love to, and to be recognized in such a generous way is truly amazing. thank you.

Note:
I don't require or expect donations, but if you do choose to donate, know that it is very appreciated and will go to caffeine, hardware, and more caffeine. thank you!

Just installed and I'm not seeing Beats anywhere.

webfrm

Nov 16, 2006
OK major questions

OK I can't understand so maybe I have a bad install. The phone comes up as android 2.3.5 and the kernel is listed as 2.6.35.14. So I'm not seeing the 2.3.6 as claimed. That being said why are my Titanium Backups of items such as Polaris Office not working when I try to restore them from my (rooted stock rom) backup? I was able to get the Qik video chat and some others to work but for some reason I can't view documents and pdf files. It just reboots back to the explorer list. Only guess I got is the Android versions are different (Stock was 2.3.6) now.

Has anyone found a screenshot option in this ROM? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find one. Also has anyone gotten Bloatware to work??? I get an xml error after I select the SG2.

I do love the ROM and would love to keep it but I need to get those pesky issues addressed first since I get lots of attachments in emails daily.

webfrm

Nov 16, 2006
Home and power for screenshot

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Unlike the international version we don't have a dedicated center home. So you mean the little house and the power button?

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

OK so if I can't get Polaris Office to work using the Titanium Backup of it I have; can someone suggest a good substitution (free ideally, but I'm willing to throw a few coins at something comparable) that can at least view documents. I'm not concerned as much as editing them (which Polaris let's me do) but at the very least need to be able to view documents sent to my phone. If there is another forum I should post this then I apologize and just redirect me so I can ask the question there.

AGAIN I do love love the ROM and it's visuals, however I just require some basic functions to make it an everyday ROM for me.

webfrm

Nov 16, 2006
Hey what version you seeing

OK what version are you seeing when you install this? Mine still shows up on android phone info as 2.3.5 anyone else seeing this?

ameridane

Feb 20, 2008
New York City
Dropdown Menu

Hiya, so I noticed a separate thread that was closed out but no public solution was mentioned. I will preface this with the fact that I don't know how to provide you a logcat... I'll allow for a few moments while you finish rolling your eyes....... okay, so, I know how to flash, I've been doing it since android started and have never bricked a thing. I appreciate the work you and all devs do for this. I have spent three days googling and re-googling this issue to try and solve it, and, just to kiss your a$$ a little, I don't see another rom that I really want to flash to to just ignore this issue. With all of that out of the way...

In both the stock browser and the dolphin browser, attempting to open a dropdown menu causes the browser to force close. Beyond that twice now the phone has gotten a little too multi tasked and after restarting itself, re-sends out all of my texts from the day. I am going to go google how to create a logcat for you. But if anyone else is having these problems, maybe we could find a solution together? Because I really like this rom and don't want to switch to ICS without it being a little more stable. Again, thanks.

Last edited:

webfrm

Nov 16, 2006
Logcat

Hiya, so I noticed a separate thread that was closed out but no public solution was mentioned. I will preface this with the fact that I don't know how to provide you a logcat... I'll allow for a few moments while you finish rolling your eyes....... okay, so, I know how to flash, I've been doing it since android started and have never bricked a thing. I appreciate the work you and all devs do for this. I have spent three days googling and re-googling this issue to try and solve it, and, just to kiss your a$$ a little, I don't see another rom that I really want to flash to to just ignore this issue. With all of that out of the way...

In both the stock browser and the dolphin browser, attempting to open a dropdown menu causes the browser to force close. Beyond that twice now the phone has gotten a little too multi tasked and after restarting itself, re-sends out all of my texts from the day. I am going to go google how to create a logcat for you. But if anyone else is having these problems, maybe we could find a solution together? Because I really like this rom and don't want to switch to ICS without it being a little more stable. Again, thanks.

Wow Yeah I've experienced the same thing. Dropdowns force a crash.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

OK I am also new to the whole logcat thing. I did export it (verbose) using OS monitor as well as having the crash.txt file sent by Dolphin HD. So if anyone can explain how to dissect the information from either of these two logs I'll be happy to post them for the developer. Yeah not having dropdowns working is a bad thing indeed.

webfrm

Nov 16, 2006
Wow Yeah I've experienced the same thing. Dropdowns force a crash.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

OK I am also new to the whole logcat thing. I did export it (verbose) using OS monitor as well as having the crash.txt file sent by Dolphin HD. So if anyone can explain how to dissect the information from either of these two logs I'll be happy to post them for the developer. Yeah not having dropdowns working is a bad thing indeed.

Ok opera and Firefox don't crash on dropdown. Anyone know if Rob has abandoned this ROM? I've PM and emailed and no response. I'm thinking he's only focusing on the ICS Ports.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    33vdu36.png

◙ Based on UVKL1 2.3.6 **NEW**
    ◙ Wifi Calling **NEW**
    ◙ Super Fast Animations
    ◙ Smooth Scrolling
    ◙ Modified Version of Anim Mod
    -Customize what transition animations you want
    -Modded so that "Stock Android" Option will not flash Stock Android, but Foxstar's default animations [which are sped up] !
    - Modded to match color scheme
    ◙ Rooted
    ◙ Bravia Engine
    ◙ BEATS + XLOUD AUDIO ** NEW **
    ◙ Zipaligned on boot
    ◙ Extended Power Menu
    ◙ 16 Customizable Notification Toggles
    ◙ 1% Battery Mod
    ◙ Debloated [bloater app included to rebloat if you choose]
    ◙ Very minimally themed
    ◙ build.prop tweaks
    ◙ Synergy Kernel [BLN,OTG,OC/UV,Autogrouping]
    ◙ bootanimation.zip support
    ◙ CRT-OFF Animation
    ◙ Int'l GS2 Shutdown Animation
    ◙ init.d tweaks
    ◙ Bloater.apk included to rebloat [if you so choose]
    ◙ System Tuner To Adjust Voltages / Overclock
    ◙ Wifi + Wired Tether apps!

Download:
    Foxstar 1.4.0 RC 1

updated 3/11

Previous Versions:
    Foxstar 1.3.2

Foxstar 1.3.1

Foxstar Beta v1.0.2 02/12/2012

1.0.2 Icon Hotfix

Foxstar Beta v 1.0.0

This Rom is Available Through ROM Manager. With Rom Manager Premium You Will Recieve OTA Updates!

I am a very very very community oriented developer. My work is always oriented towards community suggestions, ideas and testing. Please leave your ideas and comments here!

I RECOMMEND USING THE LAGFREE GOVERNOR

Installation Instructions:
    A)
    Download To SD Card
    Boot into CWM Recovery
    Install zip from SD Card!
    Choose this Zip.
    Wait a minute or so.
    Reboot.

or
    B)
    Use Rom Manager.

TODO List:
    Swipe to dismiss notifications
    Your suggestions

Changelog:

03/11/2012 - Rebuilt from KL1 .tar from the ground up. Wifi Calling now works. Android Version 2.3.6. Animations sped up more. Delicious update was delicious.

03/07/2012 - Added Beats+Xloud Audio. Fixed Bravia. Updated Market to Google Play Store.

03/02/2012 - Removed DSP. WifiTether and Wired located @ /sdcards/FOXSTAR ADDONS.

03/01/2012 - Modded AnimMOD, Removed AT&T Contacts, System Tuner Added, System Apps Updated to latest version, WifiTether and WiredTether Added, Minor Framework Edits

02/12/2012 - Extended Power Menu, Boot Animation Change, UI Tweaks, Easter Egg Added, Default Wallpaper Change, Default Lockscreen Wallpaper Change, Rom Manager OTA Compatability.

For Updates on Progress :

Thanks to:
    , MrX, Samsung, lidroid, G1ForFun, syngergeticink Cyanogenmod and you...the community.

Special thanks:
    To all who have donated, I am truly thankful. I never expect, or ask for donations, but man is it flattering to recieve one. I do this because I love to, and to be recognized in such a generous way is truly amazing. thank you.

Note:
    I don't require or expect donations, but if you do choose to donate, know that it is very appreciated and will go to caffeine, hardware, and more caffeine. thank you!
    foxstar is skipping 2.0
    sorry.

we're also skipping 3.0 in honor of the late honeycomb.

however a very early build of 4.0 is in the works.

ice cream is delishuz.
    Just an update for those who aren't following me on twitter.

Foxstar has switched goals, and priorities. I'll now be working on a fully functional , performanxe oriented, vanilla AOSP build for the t989. While this is my goal, it is a huge undertaking on my part as this will be my first true AOSP build from scratch. I've got some preliminary things set up, my new build environment is set up, and despite a complete lack of efficient hardware, I've begun work on this.

Please be patient with me on this. With my ancient hardware at home, each build takes hours to compile, meaning each error takes literally hours to test, debug and fix .

I hope you see this change as good news, and I look forward to the future of this ROM and this community

Please no ETAs. I'm a one man team who works Crazy hours. It'll be ready as soon as it can be, and not until it's bugfree