[Q] which ROM are you using

Search This thread

mattia.b89

Sep 22, 2010
hi to everyone,

i'm not new to XDA (i'm nexus s user), but i'm new to desire section

my friend need to upgrade his desire to gingerbread 2.3, possibly with Sense UI

like you know, this is possible only with a custom ROM. so the question is:

Which ROM (possibly with Sense) is the best today (11-04-12) ???

imho best is:
1-stable
2-without bugs
3-fast

thanks

Last edited:

keith456

Jan 3, 2012
australia
you could try some coolexe bravo s roms (desire s roms) , these are sense 2.1 roms with gingerbread ... i find the desire doesnt handle the newer versions of sense well but thats what i think

mattia.b89

Sep 22, 2010
I don't understand all these insults .... this is the Questions section not Development.....

sent from my NS

Reactions: sudkcoce

stankyou

Dec 20, 2010
Huawei Nexus 6P
OnePlus 5T
I don't understand all these insults .... this is the Questions section not Development.....

sent from my NS

The reason you are getting all these insults is because you say that you are not new to xda yet you act like you are. It's not that you posted on the wrong section, it's because you asked a very common question that could have been answered by you doing a search query.

Reactions: 777ace

winesh

Jan 5, 2011
Or you could just say in one sentence which you think is the best sense rom. Jeezzz i dont understand why you take the effort to complain but cant answer a simple question.

In my opinion, cooldroid v3 is the best sense rom for the htc desire. Its a sens 2.1 based rom, which makes it very fast

Reactions: sudkcoce

mattia.b89

Sep 22, 2010
yes, specify what stable mean perhaps is too much, but the main reason because i ask you is that with google and search function i've found only old information ......

if my previous question make your brain loop, just tell me which ROM are you using ..... ok ?

santi1993

Mar 24, 2012
Buenos Aires
yes, specify what stable mean perhaps is too much, but the main reason because i ask you is that with google and search function i've found only old information ......

if my previous question make your brain loop, just tell me which ROM are you using ..... ok ?

your question it's like "what's the best color?", we can't answer this, just try some roms and find it urself, in my opinion, all sense roms are stable, 3.5 doesn't match too fine as we want, but's usable anyway... ginger + 2.1 it's more fastest but idk...

mattia.b89

Sep 22, 2010
Thanks for every reply.
For consistence i've changed topic title:

Which ROM are you using???

sent from my NS

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Thanks for every reply.
For consistence i've changed topic title:

Which ROM are you using???

sent from my NS

for consistency, they are listed here too ;)

the ones on the first page are generally the ROMs that people are using...

imho best is:
1-stable
2-without bugs
3-fast

development is still pretty active, despite the desire being the best part of 2 years old, so many of the roms there fulfill all your requirements, therefore in your honest opinion, nearly all are the best :eek:

even if you get many more replies from other users about what ROM they are using, it's only from users who can be bothered to post here, whereas most post in the rom threads themselves. experiences are often conflicting. one user's experience (AMAZING) with a rom can be completely different (LAGGGGGYYYY BUGGGYYYY) from another, which will only confuse you further. why? many combinations of apps/sync/launcher/kernel/hardware. most importantly, we all use the phone differently...

and in the time that it takes for people to post here and argue over which is AWESOME ROCK SOLID STABLE, NO BUGS, SOOO FAST and DEFINITELY THE BEST ROM EVER!!!!!11 you could have formed your own opinion by reading a snapshot of the threads, even install a couple and try them out, which is definitely the 'best' way of discovery.

which hopefully gives some further insight as to why best rom threads are pretty pointless...

there is no best ROM, only the best ROM for your needs (or your friend's needs in this case)

good luck, i hope you find will the best one, i'm still looking:)

bugi986

May 18, 2011
o_O

Perfection is an absolute value. No but's.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

yeah cause I had tons of overheating, and resets with the other roms, especially when on 3G, or GPS... which was annoying... as for this one, I'm absolutely satisfied with
no overheating
good CPU clock
nice apps
lots of room on internal storage :)
those are perfect values for me, though someone else may have a different opinion
as for the minor buggs
it auto dials +1 in dialer (that's the one I've seen so far)
but You just get a new dialer from the market and problem solved

Last edited:

Elmo0029

Apr 17, 2012
For me it's Sandvold's ICS for Desire.

It has great support and works like a charm for the most part.

It has one or two major and some minor issues but that is to be expected it is still a beta mind you.

Overall its the best rom for my tastes. Its still under development and updates are released as much as twice a week. The development team and specifically Sandvold is always on the case solving issues and helping where he can.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'm not new to XDA (i'm nexus s user), but i'm new to desire section

Lucky them to have you.

[Q] best sense brain

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    This really is becoming ridiculous.

[Q] Where do I find google?

sent from my NS

sent from my NS

The reason you are getting all these insults is because you say that you are not new to xda yet you act like you are. It's not that you posted on the wrong section, it's because you asked a very common question that could have been answered by you doing a search query.
    Or you could just say in one sentence which you think is the best sense rom. Jeezzz i dont understand why you take the effort to complain but cant answer a simple question.

In my opinion, cooldroid v3 is the best sense rom for the htc desire. Its a sens 2.1 based rom, which makes it very fast