MIX ROM (Best of both world) - Thanks To T & Z - [Upd 11.02.05 fix HW Led]

Search This thread

cobrato

Jul 5, 2010
New baseband 2.1.54

the fact that u need to copy all jar files from framework folder from baat 4 except service.jar to replaced ib cyanogen framework folder and reboot
HW botton is working for me

recommend rhat u need to ser on what u what before copy as i found that some function will not accept setting after copy , on the other hand, i competed set everything and copy file, it kept a setting

Sent from my xperia using XDA App

Thanks for the tip :)
Updated 1st post with modified framework-res.apk

Last edited:

minjiet

Jan 14, 2010
i wonder if swapping the build.prop between freex10 n trip's rom, will there be any difference?

Sent from my xperia using XDA App

vvMINOvv

Nov 18, 2010
thanks again, Haque.

After a lot of work I finally figured it out. (Didn't solve it, but at least I know what the problem is)

So. turns out free x10 beta 4 (with or without the cyanogen apk's) does not support my fido sim card. Where I am, Rogers is the company that sells the x10, but I had my phone unlocked and it works fine with the generic mods, and the one's provided by seus. I tried putting a Rogers sim card in and the phone worked right away, no error nothing. Then I shut it off, put my Fido sim card in and the error pops up.

SO. lol, what do I do ? Any clue would be greatly helpful. I can't exactly post this message in the free x10 thread because apparantly I don't have enough posts on this forum. Regardless, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

kindred7

Jul 13, 2010
Get a new sim card? I had to do so with z's rom due to constant fcs with com.android.phone or something similar.

I also had a fido sim card, which happend to be an old version z's rom or froyo didnt like.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Reactions: vvMINOvv

vvMINOvv

Nov 18, 2010
Get a new sim card? I had to do so with z's rom due to constant fcs with com.android.phone or something similar.

I also had a fido sim card, which happend to be an old version z's rom or froyo didnt like.

Thanks, but I'm a tad confused, are you saying that a sim card that works on one os could be a problem with another?

That's exactly the same error im getting btw com.android.phone is crashing

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

vvMINOvv

Nov 18, 2010
It worked!!

You were right after all, what a weird bug. Regardless I have a new question now

when I go to the market now it shows that i dont have Gmail, voice search, and and a bunch of Google services. If I install the ones in the market will they conflict with the ones already installed? Does that mean I can never install the latest versions as they come?

And the market app is the older one, how do I upgrade it?

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zdzihu has delivered a near perfect Froyo (only video cam remain outstanding) which is extremely stable

TripNRaver has delivered Cyanogen 6.1 which is very cool with the cyanogenmod but still has some issues such as move to SD and flashlight.

I like cyanogen mod but I also like the stability of z's free x10. Since both are based on Froyo, I thought of combining them to create a perfect rom. And it works !!!

What I did:
    1. Unzip Trip's cyanogen to a folder (let's say c:\cyanogen)
    2. Unzip Z's beta3 to another folder (let's say c:\freex10)

In each folder you should have a META-INF and system folder

3. copy the services.jar from the link below (download and rename) to c:\cyanogen\system\framework (this will enable the flashlight)

http://www.mediafire.com/?67jb2mowad2z23p

4. copy the framework-res.apk from the link below to c:\cyanogen\system\framework (this will enable HW Led) - Thanks to fonz2544 for the tip.

http://www.multiupload.com/E1DFZKTFXG

note: Should work for both beta3 & 4. The trade-off is that you lose the auto-brightness option in the display settings.

5. copy the following folders from c:\freex10\system to c:\cyanogen\system
    - bin
    - etc
    - lib

you may also want to copy the Froyo's Camera.apk to c:\cyanogen\system\app (rename 1 of them if you want both)

6. zip the c:\cyanogen folder (you should do it inside c:\cyanogen).
    Any zip application should do.
    For me I use windows (select all files under c:\cyanogen, right click, send to compressed (zip) file)

7. copy this zip file to sdcard

8. install via xRecovery

9. Install free x10 gapps and free x10 beta3 hotfix 1. Reboot

10. system will reboot twice and after that it'll be fine (if not you should crash system server at least once)

What is working - same as free x10 beta 3 :)

You have cyanogen mod now and can easily do a dark theme and change the clock color etc

Notes:
    ------
    1. Please do a backup before you try. I'm not responsible if any thing happens to your phone.
    2. I have tried everything and they worked just fine. But I can't guarantee it'll work for you.
    3. All credits go to T & Z. I hope I don't offend them. I just want to share with you my findings so more of you can enjoy it.
    4. This just shows that their combined work is awesome :)

If you find this useful. Press the Thanks button :)
    CyanogenMod Settings

Here is a complete Cyanogen Settings to install through xRecovery

Cyanogen Settings
    I am running on a mix of the beta 3 hotfix 1 and the 1.0 cyanogen mod. Would it be possible to merge beta 4 and cyanogen 1.2 (if I'm able to get it somewhere, hence I haven't had the opportunity to download, before Trip closed the thread) into a fully operating rom? Would I need to flash the .54 baseband or something?

flash baseband .54, hold up beta 4, ill find the link for cm 1.2, and yes it works together!
    edit: here it is
    and of course u need this, but i guess u have it already
    Put this file, please)