Search This thread

samcaplat

Mar 1, 2011
This thread is dedicated to helping you root your HTC Desire HD.

Video

Resources

Advanced Ace Hack Kit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=952352

It is extremely important you read the AAHK thread and documentation in full. Any support questions on this thread will not be answered unless it is followed with "I have read the Effen Manual for a solution to my issue".

Android Development forums: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=765

Text and images

If you are prompted for a "pass key" during the process, this can be found in the 'Effin' manual. Please read all documentation in full.

howtoroot-smaller.jpg

howtoflash-smaller.jpg

Last edited:

samcaplat

Mar 1, 2011
I think more emphasis should be made on the Rooting side of things, as apposed to Rom recommendations. Great idea, maybe could be made into a sticky, in the Q&A Forum.

Regards

Considering this is meant to be an easy-to-follow and 'noob friendly' thread, how would you suggest I put more emphasis on the rooting side of things? I'm open to the idea, but I feel the end result deserves more attention than the process.

samcaplat

Mar 1, 2011
I never doubted that, all I'm saying is, there is no need for Rom recommendations. I am all for a easy to use guide, but why target a few specific Roms, based on personal recommendations? This idea surely would be better as a Root and flashing guide for "Noobs", only? Just feel you're opening a can of worms and will get bombarded with rom questions also.

Regards

That's a possibility. It's what I've been asked to do, I'm not one to argue. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: buzzboy

atrako1973

Feb 17, 2010
dublin
what makes you thin that android revolution and so on are the best ?did you try rcmix3D roms ? did you flash virtuous roms ? with my due respect best rom is subjectif so , please either post all our favourite roms or dont do it at all

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania

JSLEnterprises

Apr 26, 2011
Buenos Aires
JSL - With attn1 removing his hack kit and support - would you be willing to open a thread on the Inspire forum linking to your kit? I know there are a bunch of users there that would love to see it.

Seeing as how Sam's thread is stickied, The link to it is best here.
I made my 'method' for users of Driphter.com as I am a staff member there.
Its available to anyone and everyone though without membership or signing up.

Its been around for quite a long time and I dont plan on removing it any time (nor does the site owner) (and once in a while will get updated if need be)

So it can just remain a Link in the sticky :)
And if someone cant get a working gold card... the 'line of code' mentioned in cyan within the faq, is around on the 5th page (if I remember correctly).

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Seeing as how Sam's thread is stickied, The link to it is best here.
I made my 'method' for users of Driphter.com as I am a staff member there.
Its available to anyone and everyone though without membership or signing up.

Its been around for quite a long time and I dont plan on removing it any time (nor does the site owner) (and once in a while will get updated if need be)

So it can just remain a Link in the sticky :)
And if someone cant get a working gold card... the 'line of code' mentioned in cyan within the faq, is around on the 5th page (if I remember correctly).

Cool cool - sounds like you don't mind if we link to your thread on Driphter then? I just don't want to step on anyone's toes...obviously that was done to a point that can't be recovered from once already...

A lot of Inspire owners never venture to the DHD forum..

Last edited:

hgk-martijn

Jan 22, 2010
Netherlands
Hello,
i want to root my Desire HD
My desire HD was shipped with android 2.2 and now im running android 2.3.3
is it save to use this tool?
and do i have to downgrade anything?

JSLEnterprises

Apr 26, 2011
Buenos Aires
Cool cool - sounds like you don't mind if we link to your thread on Driphter then? I just don't want to step on anyone's toes...obviously that was done to a point that can't be recovered from once already...

A lot of Inspire owners never venture to the DHD forum..

I noticed that... the only thing different between the two devices is the audio codec and the housing saying "AT&T" rather than "HTC" and maybe the digitizer manufacturer (depends on when the device was manufactured)

I put together my little method because none of the way's for regular dhd's (PD9810000's) were working on my 'telus' based DHD (PD9814000) - unbranded Inspire 4g - basically, non 'at&t' branded DHD that uses 850/1900mhz bands. So it should work fine for Inspire users (PD9812000).

If it was ment to be for Dcom users only, it would be for vip members only. But then that would have defeated the purpose of open source.

The scrips are simple, and easily modified it need be. There's no reason in my eyes to make things complicated. Everything is cookie cutter.

Reactions: krazycanuck82

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL
I noticed that... the only thing different between the two devices is the audio codec and the housing saying "AT&T" rather than "HTC" and maybe the digitizer manufacturer (depends on when the device was manufactured)

I put together my little method because none of the way's for regular dhd's (PD9810000's) were working on my 'telus' based DHD (PD9814000) - unbranded Inspire 4g - basically, non 'at&t' branded DHD that uses 850/1900mhz bands. So it should work fine for Inspire users (PD9812000).

If it was ment to be for Dcom users only, it would be for vip members only. But then that would have defeated the purpose of open source.

The scrips are simple, and easily modified it need be. There's no reason in my eyes to make things complicated. Everything is cookie cutter.

The BIG ****ing monkey wrench in that paradigm is that Windows PCs are rampant with all manner of (legitimate or not) programs hijacking the USB bus and wreaking havoc with anything that needs a clean pipe to the device (i.e. the hack kit with both adb and fastboot). 99.9% of all the problems we dealt/deal with on the IRC channel were/are because of this.

JSLEnterprises

Apr 26, 2011
Buenos Aires
The BIG fugging monkey wrench in that paradigm is that Windows PCs are rampant with all manner of (legitimate or not) programs hijacking the USB bus and wreaking havoc with anything that needs a clean pipe to the device (i.e. the hack kit with both adb and fastboot). 99.9% of all the problems we dealt/deal with on the IRC channel were/are because of this.

At that point its not the fault of the script/method being used. I simply tell the person to use another computer if their own is fubar; at that point its out of your hands, nor should they recieve help if their system is full of garbage apps/malware/trojans/multiple ****ty antivirus apps like AVG/Avast or the McAfee Free Scan or both.

Last edited:

ivolol

Oct 14, 2010
Melbourne
Unless you plan to keep it updated, and add a few more of the standard roms like MIUI variants and Virtuous, I think a 'ROMS' section is a bad idea. It takes a lot of maintenance, and otherwise becomes misleading quickly.

samcaplat

Mar 1, 2011
Unless you plan to keep it updated, and add a few more of the standard roms like MIUI variants and Virtuous, I think a 'ROMS' section is a bad idea. It takes a lot of maintenance, and otherwise becomes misleading quickly.

Thank you for the feedback on that section. I will bring this up with the admin.

Grant Barker

Apr 14, 2008
www.thecomputermouse.com
To help you with a ROM section - you could keep an eye on my site. I keep an up-to-date ROM list for the HTC Desire HD. There are also a few ROM screenshots of a couple of ROMs, to give newcomers an idea of the visual potential differences when changing ROMs.

EDIT: (I'll also add this thread to the XDA Guides section when it's done.)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is dedicated to helping you root your HTC Desire HD.

Video

Resources

Advanced Ace Hack Kit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=952352

It is extremely important you read the AAHK thread and documentation in full. Any support questions on this thread will not be answered unless it is followed with "I have read the Effen Manual for a solution to my issue".

Android Development forums: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=765

Text and images

If you are prompted for a "pass key" during the process, this can be found in the 'Effin' manual. Please read all documentation in full.

howtoroot-smaller.jpg

howtoflash-smaller.jpg
    At that point its not the fault of the script/method being used. I simply tell the person to use another computer if their own is fubar; at that point its out of your hands, nor should they recieve help if their system is full of garbage apps/malware/trojans/multiple ****ty antivirus apps like AVG/Avast or the McAfee Free Scan or both.

It should also be noted that full downgrades screw up new Inspires (those shipped with 2.3) terribly. The older hboots are not compatible with the newer devices. This changes the support paradigm a bit, because the partial downgrade required to get the job done leaves the phone in a completely unusable state until the job is complete and a proper boot image is restored. Not everyone around the world has multiple computers available.

AAHK will be back after some changes in documentation, both here and in the AAHK thread, if -
    1. I can get more support from those that have been through this process to help people out of situations involving phones that don't boot. I'll maintain it, but I am getting pretty sick of just a handful of us helping people out of jams. We need as much help as we can get in http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#aahkSupport
    2. We are not leading noobs en masse down the primrose path to laziland and misconception. Reading and risk must be stressed, here as well as in my OP.

I've never taken a dime for this, so if people really want to contribute and have have a clue about how these processes work, we can use them in a new IRC channel to be named shortly.

The people who fail are a small percentage but with 80K AAHK's served, it doesn't seem that way sometimes when it's late at night and we'd rather be sleeping.
    Not to sound like an ass-hat, but, have you even read the thread/first post?
    Simply running the AAHK mentioned in the first post, will root your handset.

2.3.5 with Sense3 is a little different. We don't boot and get adb connectivity downgrading just the radio and boot, so we can't do that until we've downgraded to a earlier version of Sense - so yes, on those a downgrade ROM is required. Downgrades to the WWE 2.50.405.2 are tested and fine on devices not SHIPPED with this build. To further complicate things, currently available temproot solutions do not work on Ace builds greater than 3.12.x.x, so for example, the S-ON Vodafone users with build 3.13.161.3 are in the cold as of now.
    Stay tuned. Less drama. More meat.
    I think more emphasis should be made on the Rooting side of things, as apposed to Rom recommendations. Great idea, maybe could be made into a sticky, in the Q&A Forum.

Regards

Considering this is meant to be an easy-to-follow and 'noob friendly' thread, how would you suggest I put more emphasis on the rooting side of things? I'm open to the idea, but I feel the end result deserves more attention than the process.