Would reinstalling from scratch help with performance?

Search This thread

andy_d0

Oct 2, 2012
The last two months my s3 has been performing terribly. I was on custom ROMs for over a year and made the switch back to stock which made my s3 feel like a new phone. But the last two months is a different story. I can't figure out why but things keep stalling and I find myself restarting my phone more often than I would want to

Anyway, I'm wondering whether reinstalling the stock ROM would help any bit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
The last two months my s3 has been performing terribly. I was on custom ROMs for over a year and made the switch back to stock which made my s3 feel like a new phone. But the last two months is a different story. I can't figure out why but things keep stalling and I find myself restarting my phone more often than I would want to

Anyway, I'm wondering whether reinstalling the stock ROM would help any bit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I went to stock 4.3 and it lagged terribly. I tried S3Rx and have fallen in love try it it may fix everything you don't like as it did for me. Look for it in the development section. There are still some things that don't work like bluetooth tethering. Look at it it is buttery smooth for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running S3Rx MJ2 bootloader MJB modem and it is smooth

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
Ok I'm sold. I'll give it a shot. But, what is with the MJ2 / MJB stuff?

The stock / OTA 4.3 comes with the MJB version of bootloader and modem. The earlier leaked version of the Samsung/AT&T 4.3 ROM came with the MJ2 modem and bootloader. As long as you are installing to the correct device, the d2att, there should be no issues with the MJB modem, as long as it is good in your area. Some prefer the MJ2 bootloader over the MJB because the MJB will brick your phone if you try to Odin to an earlier version of stock. Yet some of the well known devs do not have an issue with the MJB bootloader. It is not until the last few days that recovery flashable version of the stock 4.3 became available, enewman17 posted it in the development forum.

andy_d0

Oct 2, 2012
The stock / OTA 4.3 comes with the MJB version of bootloader and modem. The earlier leaked version of the Samsung/AT&T 4.3 ROM came with the MJ2 modem and bootloader. As long as you are installing to the correct device, the d2att, there should be no issues with the MJB modem, as long as it is good in your area. Some prefer the MJ2 bootloader over the MJB because the MJB will brick your phone if you try to Odin to an earlier version of stock. Yet some of the well known devs do not have an issue with the MJB bootloader. It is not until the last few days that recovery flashable version of the stock 4.3 became available, enewman17 posted it in the development forum.

Ah ok thanks for the info. I just got done installing the ROM and so far so good. Thanks for the recommend!