samsung galaxy s5 case?which galaxy s5 case will you guys choose?

Search This thread

BigBot96

Mar 17, 2012
Ooltewah
android.garrettek.com
A question for those with an Otter box: are the rubber button covers still stiff? That was my only complaint on my old tbolt otter box.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JSanchez41

Mar 4, 2014
D-town
Look at this i just seen on facebook!!! on the Rearth page...i already bought 1 case they are trying to get all of my bread lol!

"
>> ** GET 50% OFF ANY ITEM BELOW! ** <<
Is this a great deal? Or, is this a great deal?

Promo code: 6Y8ABTZQ
Enter the promo code during check out to receive the discount.

Ringke FUSION w/ 1 FREE Ultimate Clear Screen Protector For Galaxy S5:

Crystal View: http://amzn.com/B00HS5LX2E
Black : Amazon.com: [FREE HD Film-DROP PROTECTION] Ringke FUSION® Galaxy S5 Case Bumper **NEW RELEASE**[BLACK] FREE Premium HD Clear Screen Protector Included The Best Selling Shock Absorption Bumper + Anti Scratch Clear Back Panel + Design It Yourself Activ

Ringke SLIM TOUGH ARMOR Heavy Duty Protection Case w/ 1 Free Ultimate Clear Screen Protector for Galaxy S5:

Black : Amazon.com: [FREE Back Frame/HD Film-SLIM HEAVY DUTY] Ringke SLIM TOUGH ARMOR® Galaxy S5 Case with FREE Replacement Frame **NEW RELEASE**[BLACK] FREE Premium HD Clear Screen Protector & FREE Backplate Replacement Frame Included Double Layer Heavy Dut
White: Amazon.com: [FREE BACK FRAME/HD FILM-SLIM HEAVY DUTY] RINGKE SLIM TOUGH ARMOR® Galaxy S5 Case with FREE Replacement Frame **NEW RELEASE**[WHITE] FREE Premium HD Clear Screen Protector & FREE Backplate Replacement Frame Included Double Layer Heavy Dut

Ringke SLIM w/ 1 Free Ultimate Clear Screen Protector For Galaxy S5:

SF Black : http://amzn.com/B00IXNMYDM
Pearl White: http://amzn.com/B00IWTT6BA"

evilhunter101

Sep 13, 2010
All of West Texas
Thats the Ultra Hybrid. I got mine in Crystal Clear. Hopefully it will fit well. The Spigen Bounce i had for S4 was SO loose, couldnt use it. Will know on Friday :fingers-crossed:

It appears you are right. They had so many words in the title that I just picked two at random lol.

I doubt the case will be that loose this time around, but if so, I guess we'll have to return it. Too bad since it does look very nice.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

fillyo

Aug 18, 2010
Received my case today, hard plastic with a little grip, seems not as slippery with the dimples.

Attachments

• 20140407_190437.jpg
    20140407_190437.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 1,491

turtletrax

Jul 23, 2011
I grabbed the Spigen Tough Armor (Grey) and the Slim Armor (White) for my S5. Also grabbed the GlastR Nano protector. I am in Canada so I ordered both on Amazon.ca and the protector will be here Thursday, and the cases on the 25th :confused: Says it was fulfilled by Spigen Canada, but must have shipped the cases from the U.S. as they are so new.

Only thing I am wondering about, are either case going to be able to support the wireless charging door. I am hoping so, I do most of my loading of my phone via wifi and dont want to wear out my USB port charging the damn thing like my Gnex.

undergrad

Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Just placed an order through the Spigen Website for the Neo Hybrid case in red - can't get these cases in Australia, well can't get them without a ridiculous premium price tag slapped on! The best looking case i've seen yet, got a bumper style look to it. Great review for the S4 and Note 3 versions of it, so hopefully can't go wrong with one on the S5.
Got 50% off the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector also, so i'm very happy with that. I can highly recommend this particular screen protector. Got one currently on my S3 and it's almost been on for 2 years and i've never encountered any discoloration or deterioration, bubbling lifting etc. And i've often got oily hands from work and use the phone almost 24/7. So can't wait to get them and of course the phone!

http://www.spigen.com/brands/samsung/galaxy/galaxy-s5/galaxy-s5-case-neo-hybrid.html

I'm planning on getting this one as well.
I'm disappointed that they don't have a black trim for the case. I may end up just purchasing the silver one and spray paint the trim black
In the meantime I have ordered the Spigen AIR BUMPER for $14

Robertcrow

Sep 1, 2010
A question for those with an Otter box: are the rubber button covers still stiff? That was my only complaint on my old tbolt otter box.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'll let you know tomorrow but without the phone it does feel just like my s4 otterbox

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: BigBot96

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
This is my daily case, I use a better protection one if I am going to events or I will be outside a lot, I don't like the girth when it just sits on my desk or in my car.

Get the best of both worlds with this, the form factor of what you have, but with protection on both the top and bottom. It's what I ordered yesterday and it was delivered today. Comes in numerous colours, I got black.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...N=B00IWTT6BA&linkCode=as2&tag=geetecandgad-20

Reactions: zigson

Mnorton1228

Nov 26, 2012
I went with the Otterbox Commuter series and I plan on coupling that with the Mime feather glass. I was going to go with the Spigen Tough Armor but read reviews that it didnt allow the heart rate sensor to function properly. After I've used the phone I'll decide if I even really care about that functionality anyways I suppose. If Seidio releases the Obex for the S5 I'll probably pick it up. May look at Lifeproof as well. IDK yet. I have the Seidio Dilex (Formerly Active) for my DNA and loved it but wanted to try something new this time around.

brivette007

Oct 30, 2010
Akron, OH
Spigen Slim Armor

My Spigen Slim Armor case arrived today!

I was torn between this one and the Neo Hybrid. I chose this one because the edges are rounder and I liked the hard shell back.
It has a nice feel to it, overall it looks and feels like a quality case. Plus, it came with a 3 pack of screen protectors. A nice surprise!

I'll probably write a review and take some pictures once I get my S5, but here are some pictures in the meantime:

Robertcrow

Sep 1, 2010
I'll let you know tomorrow but without the phone it does feel just like my s4 otterbox

OK so I just got my phone put it in the Otterbox case and I gotta say it definitely has a better feel then the otterbox I had for the s4 the buttons work a lot better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fillyo

Aug 18, 2010
Received my Ringke slim armor case today, pleased to find it came with both a dimpled and smooth back. Good deal @ $8.50.

Attachments

• 20140410_182405.jpg
    20140410_182405.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 1,272

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I picked up the spigen neo hybrid case :)

Got another case on it's way, still need a screen protector though.

IMG_3965.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg
    Got a UAG case for mine. Fit is great without adding bulk or weight. I had one on my s3 and loved it. Also covers the chrome up on the s5.

OK so I just got my phone put it in the Otterbox case and I gotta say it definitely has a better feel then the otterbox I had for the s4 the buttons work a lot better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Spigen Slim Armor

My Spigen Slim Armor case arrived today!

I was torn between this one and the Neo Hybrid. I chose this one because the edges are rounder and I liked the hard shell back.
    It has a nice feel to it, overall it looks and feels like a quality case. Plus, it came with a 3 pack of screen protectors. A nice surprise!

I'll probably write a review and take some pictures once I get my S5, but here are some pictures in the meantime: