Motoactv

Search This thread

IronChase

Apr 27, 2012
Woah woah, red flag hold up! First it's highly suggested that you never swap that kind of file while Android is actually running, but I do understand our limitations. I would suggest you turn this into an update.zip, but I won't demand it. I DO DEMAND this however:

Please, please, please 'chmod 644 /system/framework/services.jar' after it has been pushed!!!

If not we could have A LOT of people with non-booting systems. dproldan probably didn't have an issue because Linux wouldn't mess up the permissions as much, but after downloading this ESPECIALLY to Windows the permissions could (and most likely will) get all messed up.

I pushed services66.jar (after a backup) via Windows XP, and I'm running fine without any issues (I'm still on 1.6.6 M8). I've rebooted several times, and no problems. WiFi is staying on consistently without using a power widget or any other 'stay on' apps I've previously used.

I was unable to 'chmod 644 /system/framework/services.jar'. I get an "unrecognizable command" error.

dproldan

Dec 7, 2007
Malaga
Ya this is not a good idea at all to try and do I tried flashing this on 1.7.3 and ended up it boot loop after boot loop no fun at all.

I finally got it back and booted up but my problem now is that I am stuck at 1.7.2 I can not up date to 1.7.3 and I do not understand why not all the up date system say is that your device is up to date and shows version MA 1.7.2 N8

Does anyone have any idea how to get the next update?????

Any help is greatly welcome

1.7.3 hasn't got the Golf application.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Motorola made 2 software branches for our device. One has golf, one does not. That is the only difference as far as I'm aware.

1.6.6 > 1.6.12 > 1.7.2 (all have golf)

1.6.7 > 1.6.13 > 1.7.3 (no golf)

Sent using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

camaro1173

Jun 13, 2012
Motorola made 2 software branches for our device. One has golf, one does not. That is the only difference as far as I'm aware.

1.6.6 > 1.6.12 > 1.7.2 (all have golf)

1.6.7 > 1.6.13 > 1.7.3 (no golf)

Thanks for the update on this one question.
Is there a way to get in to recovery from Fast boot?
I ask because I am stuck at a boot loop I tried to flash the resinged-apps for 7.2 system and I did wipe the cache like it said and still stuck.

thank you again

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
I have just used the new tool and I am going to be gone for the rest of the day. I have not seen any problems right off the start, I am going to be taking bike ride today as well I will see if I find any problems.

So far I have installed GO Launcher v3
Drop box
lcd changer
so far I have not seen anything not working I have also tested that I still get notifications pushed to my watch, (yes they still work facebook texts weather )

I hope that the battery drain problem is gone I will report how the battery does for the day when I return tonight.

I hope you find this info helpful...

Well It is now all most 6pm about 3 hours later since the above post. Here are my thoughts on the battery.

1. It is a thousand times better !!!!!

Why do I say this, let me tell you my thoughts. I rooted my watch the night before. This morning I went and installed the above apps as you know. At this point it was 10 am with 90% of the battery left. I left the house for the day to see my dad few towns away about a 25 min motorcycle ride one way. My watch was paired to my phone and listening to the mp3 player for the whole trip there and back so total time about 1hr. Spent some time there and came home then spent about 1 1/2 hours cutting the grass with mp3 player on as well. Met up with a friend and we headed out to do some mountain biking. Turned on the workout for cycling, as all you know this in turn turns on the GPS so it tracks your route. Our total ride was just about 1hr, 8 miles long. So as you can see I have used it for a good amount of time today, even now as I type my watch is still paired to my phone. oh! by the way I also synced my workout. So you ask yourself as you read this long winded post what is left for battery now..... Ok at this very moment 8 hrs later I have an amazing 40% left so I would have to say the battery problem is no longer a problem.

2. Now that I know this is fixed I need to find out if anyone is going to make a simple stock rom with just the basic extra apps. Like launcher and installer apk and the rest of the apps needed to for the play store and to be able to turn wifi on and off. Well if anyone knows about someone making said Rom a heads up would be welcome.

Thank you for the update. I'm very happy it works. :) It was one of those "it SHOULD work, so I'm gonna release it to test anyways" sort of things.

Thank you for being my alpha tester!

On to question 2; dproldan has released his stock rom, which looks amazing. I'll try to make an update also to my mod and see if I can include the launcher.

Thanks for the update on this one question.
Is there a way to get in to recovery from Fast boot?
I ask because I am stuck at a boot loop I tried to flash the resinged-apps for 7.2 system and I did wipe the cache like it said and still stuck.

thank you again

Try returning to stock (root tool) and then re-rooting. That's probably your best bet if you can only get into fastboot. Without ADB access, you can't get into recovery yet afaik.

OR: Try this command in fastboot:

Code:
fastboot -w

That will do a quick cache wipe in fastboot.

Last edited:

CEnnis91

Feb 3, 2012
I pushed services66.jar (after a backup) via Windows XP, and I'm running fine without any issues (I'm still on 1.6.6 M8). I've rebooted several times, and no problems. WiFi is staying on consistently without using a power widget or any other 'stay on' apps I've previously used.

I was unable to 'chmod 644 /system/framework/services.jar'. I get an "unrecognizable command" error.

You'll know that something is wrong on the first reboot, also chmod is apart of busybox so you will need that.

camaro1173

Jun 13, 2012
Thank you for the update. I'm very happy it works. :) It was one of those "it SHOULD work, so I'm gonna release it to test anyways" sort of things.

Thank you for being my alpha tester!

On to question 2; dproldan has released his stock rom, which looks amazing. I'll try to make an update also to my mod and see if I can include the launcher.

Try returning to stock (root tool) and then re-rooting. That's probably your best bet if you can only get into fastboot. Without ADB access, you can't get into recovery yet afaik.

OR: Try this command in fastboot:

Code:
fastboot -w

That will do a quick cache wipe in fastboot.

Thanks for the help I have gone the return to stock way before and it will get it out of the loop. The bad part is that you know have to go through all the updates again. I have done that 4 time to night I think I will start all over tomorrow after work.

by the way where would I find this Rom that dproldan released to down load and try out??

Thanks again for the help

CEnnis91

Feb 3, 2012
Thanks for the help I have gone the return to stock way before and it will get it out of the loop. The bad part is that you know have to go through all the updates again. I have done that 4 time to night I think I will start all over tomorrow after work.

by the way where would I find this Rom that dproldan released to down load and try out??

Thanks again for the help

You could always make a backup to avoid having to redownloading the updates.

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
I believe it was a few pages back. He included pictures, and I think it was a 1.7.2 base if I recall?

thakvs

Aug 28, 2010
Testing 1.1.6

so i just had my motoactv a few days ago, from amazon.uk (and i'm from belgium) so i have a EU version.
I followed all the latest posts and video's on youtube. The 1.1.6 tool worked with my 1.7.2 (also cant update to 1.7.3) but i also got the " two emulators" error.
In my case it was BlueStacks that was running on the background. I had some problems going in and out of adb for putting ClearDroid_MotoACTV_1.1.3_A on the sd. So i did the process like 5 times. I installed launcher pro and started installing dropbox, msn, facebook,skype, all the stuff from the market.

Wifi does go off after a while and i have to put it on again.

1 Big problem for me is that i had to "go back to stock rom" but the 1.1.6 tool put a US version on my device... I can live with it but it would be cool if there was an option in the tool that lets you choose between EU and US.

The keyboard was invisible when using dropbox, in messenger and skype and facebook the motoactv gave errors "force close" when pushing to much at a time.

After using facebook it went into a boot loop. I see the motorola logo and the led and the "complete action using" launcherpro screen but here i have 2 sec that it responds and then it goes back to the motorola logo screen.

I can put the screen off by holding power and start.

So i bought the motoactv to be able to use it as an android device but (not like in the youtube video's) there are still alot of force closes.

However thanks for everyone working on the "project", it's fascinating to see how "users" change the rules!

Last edited:

camaro1173

Jun 13, 2012
I believe it was a few pages back. He included pictures, and I think it was a 1.7.2 base if I recall?

ClearD you are right it was a few pages back and this is what has been giving me all the boot problems, in less I am doing some thing wrong when installing it.

Here is the way that I have been installing it

1 wipe data (I believe that in his post he says just to wipe cache)
2 wipe cache
3 go to in stall zip
4 chose zip form sd card
4 then install said zip

I thought this is the correct way to install correct me if I am wrong please.

Reactions: MonkRX

simx

Oct 16, 2005
Contacts enabler problem

Hi
I'm having problems installing Google contacts enabler package, the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter file installs OK from the easy modder but the other two files fail with an error of certificates not found.
thanks
NA

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
so i just had my motoactv a few days ago, from amazon.uk (and i'm from belgium) so i have a EU version.
I followed all the latest posts and video's on youtube. The 1.1.6 tool worked with my 1.7.2 (also cant update to 1.7.3) but i also got the " two emulators" error.
In my case it was BlueStacks that was running on the background. I had some problems going in and out of adb for putting ClearDroid_MotoACTV_1.1.3_A on the sd. So i did the process like 5 times. I installed launcher pro and started installing dropbox, msn, facebook,skype, all the stuff from the market.

Wifi does go off after a while and i have to put it on again.

1 Big problem for me is that i had to "go back to stock rom" but the 1.1.6 tool put a US version on my device... I can live with it but it would be cool if there was an option in the tool that lets you choose between EU and US.

The keyboard was invisible when using dropbox, in messenger and skype and facebook the motoactv gave errors "force close" when pushing to much at a time.

After using facebook it went into a boot loop. I see the motorola logo and the led and the "complete action using" launcherpro screen but here i have 2 sec that it responds and then it goes back to the motorola logo screen.

I can put the screen off by holding power and start.

So i bought the motoactv to be able to use it as an android device but (not like in the youtube video's) there are still alot of force closes.

However thanks for everyone working on the "project", it's fascinating to see how "users" change the rules!

There are no differences between EU and US.

Hi
I'm having problems installing Google contacts enabler package, the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter file installs OK from the easy modder but the other two files fail with an error of certificates not found.
thanks
NA

They need pushed via ADB to /system/app and chmodded to 644 permissions afterwards. They can't just be installed that easily.

camaro1173

Jun 13, 2012
Hi all anyone hear about a any new Rom with the 1.7.2/1.7.3 base with all the basic fixes. Like gaps and market and wifi fix to make it stay on.

Any info is welcome :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

lirona

Feb 24, 2008
For all,
I just want to know, if I install the software "rom stock rooted" I can install the launchr pro and I don't need to install the ClearDroid_MotoACTV_1.1.3_A?
Then I can install any file from google play?

Thanks,
Arie.

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Hi all anyone hear about a any new Rom with the 1.7.2/1.7.3 base with all the basic fixes. Like gaps and market and wifi fix to make it stay on.

Any info is welcome :)

No.

For all,
I just want to know, if I install the software "rom stock rooted" I can install the launchr pro and I don't need to install the ClearDroid_MotoACTV_1.1.3_A?
Then I can install any file from google play?

Thanks,
Arie.

No.

camaro1173

Jun 13, 2012
Hi I seen that Dproldan posted about his rom a few pages back.
My problem is that every time I go and on stall from cw recovery I end up in boot loop with it unless I am doing g something wrong.

To start with his link goes to google docs I assume that you just down load them all in a zip file. This is what I did.

I then place them on sd card go to recovery clear cache and data and install the zip right.

ClearD please give mr a hand with this if you can thank you.

One more question can I use your cleardroidmod work on 1.7.2

delboydell

Feb 11, 2003
Sheffield England
Missing fastboot drivers

Hi could anyone shed any light on this problem?
I have used and rooted my 8gb device with no problems, yesterday I gave the return to stock a try to get the latest offical updates.
That all worked fine , but when I now enter fastboot mode and connect the usb to my pc I get the double tone and usb device not reconized message, and thus unable to flash anything.
Usb mode works fine in normal mode and I can access the storage area fine?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.