Zerolemon 7500mah battery (review somewhat)

Search This thread

ghostcamed302

Jun 27, 2012
South Carolina
well zerolemon just posted on facebook yesterday that they will be releasing a Samsung Galaxy S5 8500 mAh TriCell Battery + ZeroShock Rugged Case in a few weeks that battery just got bigger for some reason

I'd like to see them make a extended battery and cover that keeps the water resistance, also maybe a slim extended battery(3k mah) would be a nice option for people to have.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Reactions: Hobzik and 7bigjohn

mk262

Aug 17, 2010
Daytona Beach FL
I've had zl extended batteries on my S3 and S4. Got one for my S5, had the loose case issue and received my replacement.

Unfortunately, my battery stopped holding a charge (despite being charged for 10+ hours each night) so I had to send it back.

I'm not worried though, **** happens. I'll have a replacement soon enough and I'm sure it will be fine. These are really great especially when traveling, flying, etc.

felixthecat

Dec 9, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
i loose about 1% an hour. the case feels at least as tight as the one for the s3. I am sure i'll be able to video the whole of my sons school play. i chage every 3/7. I will probably swap to the old battery if i go on holliday and im near a pool. waterproofing is the one thing lacking but this would be hard to garentee by zerolemon, just would be nice if they could try and offer some protection.

spicy_puerto_rican

Apr 1, 2011
Texas
This is probably not the right place for this but...

Is there a proven way to increase the signal reception when using this ZL 7500mAh battery, whether it be for the S3, S4, or S5??

I love the life that I get out of the battery in my S4 but my signal strength blows. Any fix to increase signal strength beside getting a thinner, smaller mAh battery (which I don't want to do)?

My S4 us updated to stock A4.4.2 with the FNB4 modem.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

Hobzik

Jul 2, 2014
Purchased a white chinese replacement battery saying 4300mAh and was really surprised when I took away the sticker label (see picture). Looked almost like samsung original but details reveal its a fake. The battery has approx 60% capacity of the original (like 2000mAh), which is not bad considering its costs is a fraction of the original. But I am affraid the cycle life will be short.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• Batterie_po.jpg
    Batterie_po.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

ZEROLEMON_OFFICIAL

Account currently disabled
May 31, 2014
Purchased a white chinese replacement battery saying 4300mAh and was really surprised when I took away the sticker label (see picture). Looked almost like samsung original but details reveal its a fake. The battery has approx 60% capacity of the original (like 2000mAh), which is not bad considering its costs is a fraction of the original. But I am affraid the cycle life will be short.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Hello All,

Some quick facts for all on inflated capacities. For batteries with the same battery chemistry, larger dimension must be available to facilitate additional materials for larger capacities.

Unless we have some major breakthrough in battery chemistry which we are quite far from any mass production capable breakthrough, we can only resort to larger dimension batteries for larger capacities.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

I'd like to see them make a extended battery and cover that keeps the water resistance, also maybe a slim extended battery(3k mah) would be a nice option for people to have.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Unfortunately, we cannot make the phone water resistant due to the complexity / major production cost in making the battery case water resistant.

singsing

Dec 30, 2003
This is probably not the right place for this but...

Is there a proven way to increase the signal reception when using this ZL 7500mAh battery, whether it be for the S3, S4, or S5??

I love the life that I get out of the battery in my S4 but my signal strength blows. Any fix to increase signal strength beside getting a thinner, smaller mAh battery (which I don't want to do)?

My S4 us updated to stock A4.4.2 with the FNB4 modem.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

unfortunately you can't do much about it.

It got so bad with my s4 that i just couldn't be bothered using the extended battery even though the extra life was great.

it seems to be fine if you are in a strong signal area but in areas where i used to get 2-3 bars, it would sometimes not find any signal. This is due to the battery obviously blocking the antenna and therefore it doesn't work as well

I went to the extreme of getting a signal booster which improved things somewhat.

one word of caution.. the phone would still occasionally flip out on me when using the extended batt even though in a strong signal area and show no signal registered. not sure why this is but sometimes i get people telling me they get voicemail when i am sitting in a full signal area...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My brother had one of these on his s4, and it reminded me of this image. I just don't get it. If you manage your device and ensure that you disable unused applications and services then you can easily get a day of use. Tripling the size of the phone vs. tweaking what it actually does. To each their own, either way thank you for the review, I'm sure that the case fit issue is valuable information for those who are looking at these as a purchase option.

Ok today i got my zerolemon samsung galaxy s5 7500mah battery, all i got to say is that thing is big and bad, the one thing i really don't like is the way the tpu case fits a bit loose around my phone, for those wondering about the heart rate monitor it is easy to use since your finger lands on the sensor, the phone don't weigh too much as i thought it will, but i will post more after the first charge cycle
    Wonder if the "looseness" is a problem with the first batch of cases? I had a ZL on a Note 2 and the tpu was perfect, never gave any signs it would easily come off. I'm getting a S5 just to have a ZL, hope they fix this issue.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Hello

Looseness is from the first batch. Unfortunately the box that came with the battery was stuffed into the case and caused it to stretch over time.

New batch are resolved and replacement units are being sent to previous buyers. If you still have problems, please email us and we will resolve this for you.

Thanks
    James
    Ok today i got my zerolemon samsung galaxy s5 7500mah battery, all i got to say is that thing is big and bad, the one thing i really don't like is the way the tpu case fits a bit loose around my phone, for those wondering about the heart rate monitor it is easy to use since your finger lands on the sensor, the phone don't weigh too much as i thought it will, but i will post more after the first charge cycle
    well zerolemon just posted on facebook yesterday that they will be releasing a Samsung Galaxy S5 8500 mAh TriCell Battery + ZeroShock Rugged Case in a few weeks that battery just got bigger for some reason

Sent from my Galaxy S5
    I get about 8hrs regular battery, even with 25% brightness. Power users we are and that juice is what it keep us away from being attached to a charger... Attached to a wire.