Aug 26, 2011
i tried keirans zip and no luck
still: finding update package...

edit: fixed

Last edited:

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
yes, i think there is a problem with the kernel, because with this kernel, the phone dosnt recognize usb connections
it does just really badly.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

I just mounted it in windows and formatted the card

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
that wont work it will keep the partition.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

I just mounted it in windows and formatted the card

gonna need more info on how to get this working. keirenFTW help!!!!. i would love to get this although miui and stock wud be much better i will settle for this.... but it wont work. i am gonna try to push the file on stock rom with doomlord kernel and then follow the rest of the steps without formatting sd-ext but dont think it will work.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

just gotta wait for my cm7 to download from the crapiest file hosting site ever. and rapid8 no longer allows files over 100mb so that screws that up for me. hopefully i will get it working this time ;)

Solution, boot recovery:
adb shell
busybox mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system
exit
adb push data.ext2 /system/data.ext2 :)

Keiran
this also doesnt work. no ADB commands work with this dualboot kernel or with v11 doomlord for that matter.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

ok i started replacing some of the adb commands with rootexplorer and now i have the ext2 file on the sd-ext so next step.

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
use this to download: http://www.vietget.net/index.php?id=get

Max speed i get with this site is 4mbps!!
thanks. will try it when need to download something again.

UPDATE: i am now flashing cm7

finding update package
opening update package
installing update

MOMENT OF TRUTH :D

install from sdcard complete.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

i tried keirans zip and no luck
still: finding update package...

what am i doing wrong??
what recovery did you use? i used touch mod but not full touch.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

kinda getting excited now. but i have this feeling it not gonna work :(

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
i have done everything exactly as mentioned. where is the system/data suppose to be located on stock rom? nand or sd? im confused :D

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Doesn't work. I managed to make partition via adb and then pushed data but it still said 0b free and was unable to boot second Rom.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Okay, so next release will require two partitions ext2 partitions on SD, one for data, one for system. If you are getting 0b in NAND Rom, something's very wrong.
Sent from my R800i using DFR3.0.5 NAND + CM7 SELFKANG SD

ICXPlay

Dec 24, 2011
ok,

then i need to buy a new sdcard:p
both on sd is nice (i tried it on the hd2 also dual boot)
i would try dualboot 1 more time (my phone won't flash the modified rom)

Therev86

Mar 14, 2011
hmm, i have a spare couple of hours this morning and am reattempting this but today i am unable to get as far as yesterday, after flashing the dualboot kernel i consistently get "Error: device not found" in ADB even after restarting both the computer and the phone.. any ideas?

EDIT: probably worth mentioning under device manager it shows no ADB devices, just Xperia Play with the error "device cannot start"

And my SD card shows under "Storage" but internal memory shows 0.00MB free, and all that has been done is flashing dualboot.img.

Im off out now so im going to need to flash back to stock, will try again in a couple of days.

Last edited:

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Okay, so next release will require two partitions ext2 partitions on SD, one for data, one for system. If you are getting 0b in NAND Rom, something's very wrong.
Sent from my R800i using DFR3.0.5 NAND + CM7 SELFKANG SD

i have tried this guide 3 times and always get 0b but if I flash back to v11 kernel it is fine. I think dualboot kernel not working correctly also the data.ext2 is on my sd-ext.

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
hmm, i have a spare couple of hours this morning and am reattempting this but today i am unable to get as far as yesterday, after flashing the dualboot kernel i consistently get "Error: device not found" in ADB even after restarting both the computer and the phone.. any ideas?

EDIT: probably worth mentioning under device manager it shows no ADB devices, just Xperia Play with the error "device cannot start"

And my SD card shows under "Storage" but internal memory shows 0.00MB free, and all that has been done is flashing dualboot.img.

Im off out now so im going to need to flash back to stock, will try again in a couple of days.

yes but if the only thing you did was flash dualboot kernel then it would say 0b as the data.ext2 is not mounted.

Therev86

Mar 14, 2011
Just a redundant observation, irrelevant too since i cant mount or partition the SD card in ADB due to the aforementioned error.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credits:
    DooMLoRD - BootManager and recoveries, autorooting and his scripts
    Jerpelea (FXP) - zImage (kernel), boot splash logo :)
    z - busybox knowledge, and his loop mount script.

GSM Only atm, CDMA not done yet, WIP.

Download:
    Dualboot Kernel GSM: http://icxperia.com/keiran/r800i/dualboot.img
    Data EXT2 image (~250MB), http://icxperia.com/keiran/r800i/data.ext2

How to dualboot:
    What you will need:
    An SD Card
    ADB
    Fastboot
    7zip or alternative(Archive manager on linux is good)
    Notepad++(gedit is good)

First, flash the dualboot.img
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot dualboot.img

How to partition SD Card for dual boot:
    Code:
    adb shell
    sdparted -es 1024M -ss 0
    When prompted to accept, make sure you use a capital Y :)
    This operation will wipe your sd card :O lol
    when it is done, type:
    Code:
    exit
    in the command prompt/terminal :)

Now, put the data.ext2 image in the same folder as adb is :)

Second of all, you want to mount your second SD Card partition, using your computer with USB debugging enabled do this:
    Code:
    adb shell
    busybox mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /sd-ext
    exit

then push the data partition image:
    Code:
    adb push data.ext2 /sd-ext/data.ext2

Now you have your system partition and data image set up for dualboot, you are also running a dualboot kernel :)

next thing to do is modify a ROM for boot from SD :)
    We shall use CM7 in this example :)
    Unzip the ROM, and go to /META-INF/com/google/android/ then open updater-script in notepad++, it will not work otherwise
    Look for the lines:
    Remove these lines:
    Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800i" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800i" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800i" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800a" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800a" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800at" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800at" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800at" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "zeus" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "zeus" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "zeus");
    also, remove:
    Code:
    format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system");
    also, replace:
    Code:
    mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");
    with
    Code:
    set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/sbin/systemsd.sh");
    run_program("/sbin/systemsd.sh");
    then save, then zip, then push to phone :)
    Then, flash the update.zip (after doing a NANDROID) then boot phone into NAND.
    To boot into SD ROM, do this:
    Open terminal emulator and do the commands:
    Code:
    su
    cd cache
    cd recovery
    touch dualboot
    reboot
    And you will reboot into SD ROM :)
    You will not be able to use darktremor a2sd or any other a2sd script with any of the ROM's, but, you will be able to use standard stock rom app2sd, in CyanogenMod go into CM settings, then application then set install location to internal to avoid conflicts with .android_secure on both ROM's :)

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/freexperia/semc-kernel-msm7x30
    Keiran
    Whoa....
    Just done a quadrant from the rom of the SD - CM7, I got amazing IO speeds, probably because my SD card reads faster than NAND....
    But, no overclock, Max,1GHz, min 144MHz, interactive:

52848b24-daf8-08c0.jpg

Look at the green IO bit... lol looks like SD can boost performance ;)

Sent from my R800i
    I am working on this, but I need some help from DooMLoRD or keiranftw

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app
    i was thinking about creating a aroma based install for this / android app for this to make it really easy to dualboot. will start this when v2 is released

KEIRANFTW do you know if any1 other than you has got this working yet? i keep trying but keep failing. also

OFF-TOPIC but your forum on your site aint working. Table './eddie_dfg/smf_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    Keiran, once you are done with exams, could you develop the dualboot kernel for AOSP ICS ROMs?

Yes,
    Maybe even more sensible method too :)

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2