HTC One Stock HD Netflix not working

Search This thread

Blueraydude

Nov 6, 2012
Kansas City
Hello there, everyone. Please excuse me if this thread is in the wrong section.

I have an Sprint HTC One running the stock 4.3 rom. As I understand it, Android 4.3 supports Netflix DRM for HD/1080P Streaming.

For whatever reason I have been completely unable to watch HD Netflix on my phone, and the quality of anything HD is just horrible, also when I talked to Netflix support about it, they claimed it was a "Build Restriction" I assume on HTC's part? Netflix support also said my phone should be playing in HD just fine, and is a supported model on their end or whatnot.

I have contacted HTC Support over a week ago, and they haven't responded.

Anyway, I don't think upgrading to 4.4 OTA will resolve this. I see that there is another thread about someone's AT&T HTC One running 4.3, with the same problem.

I would try to bug Sprint about this on the Sprint forums, but for some reason it requires a phone number now, and wouldn't let me log in.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Any ideas/tips? Does anyone have a modded Netflix app for streaming in HD?

Edit: 4/6/14. I chatted with Netflix again, and got the same result. It looks like HTC only allows the phone to play up to 480p in the Netflix app. Maybe the phone isn't capable of playing a higher bitrate? The picture attached is what I was told by Netflix support.

k0hyev.jpg

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Aug 24, 2010
Dallas
www.falkenmobile.com
Many possible causes for this.
could be the carrier blocking streaming, could be lack of bandwidth. You dont mention if you are using cellular, lte or wifi.
Have you tried other data connections such as known good wifi? HD streaming does take a meg or two down to be able to stream it, and lets face it, sprint isnt know for having the best data network. But thats a discussion for another thread. LOL

Follow up with us as to how you have tried to use the service.

Blueraydude

Nov 6, 2012
Kansas City
Many possible causes for this.
could be the carrier blocking streaming, could be lack of bandwidth. You dont mention if you are using cellular, lte or wifi.
Have you tried other data connections such as known good wifi? HD streaming does take a meg or two down to be able to stream it, and lets face it, sprint isnt know for having the best data network. But thats a discussion for another thread. LOL

Follow up with us as to how you have tried to use the service.

Sorry I should have stated this in my original post.

It definitely isn't a bandwidth problem. I have a 50/5 connection, and Netflix works fine on everything else. I have also tried with LTE, and it gives the same result.

All Speedtests on my phone give great results, so once again it isn't a connection issue.

IAmSixNine

Aug 24, 2010
Dallas
www.falkenmobile.com
Crap, i should have caught you were on Sprint.
they have some odd settings (or used to back when i was with them and had EVO LTE) that use some weird severs for them
You will need to get your MSL code.
Also this worked for me back when i had Sprint so not sure if this will help or not.

TO SPEED UP YOUR INTERNET... instructions from Avalaunchmods (Edited)

1. Get your MSL, by calling Sprint or by using CDMA workshop like i explain below
2. After you have your MSL go to your phone and type ##3282#
3. Click Edit Mode
4. Click Advanced
5. Scroll down to RTSP/HTTP Setting
6. Change RTSP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You can leave this blank if you like
7. Change RTSP proxy Port to 0 (Zero)
8. HTTP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You could leave this blank if you like
9. HTTP proxy port to 0 (Zero)

*********Original settings if you want to revert back.
rtsp proxy ip: rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com
rtsp proxy port: 554
http proxy ip: pd.vog.sprintpcs.com
http proxy port: 8085

Blueraydude

Nov 6, 2012
Kansas City
Crap, i should have caught you were on Sprint.
they have some odd settings (or used to back when i was with them and had EVO LTE) that use some weird severs for them
You will need to get your MSL code.
Also this worked for me back when i had Sprint so not sure if this will help or not.

TO SPEED UP YOUR INTERNET... instructions from Avalaunchmods (Edited)

1. Get your MSL, by calling Sprint or by using CDMA workshop like i explain below
2. After you have your MSL go to your phone and type ##3282#
3. Click Edit Mode
4. Click Advanced
5. Scroll down to RTSP/HTTP Setting
6. Change RTSP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You can leave this blank if you like
7. Change RTSP proxy Port to 0 (Zero)
8. HTTP proxy IP to 0.0.0.0 or You could leave this blank if you like
9. HTTP proxy port to 0 (Zero)

*********Original settings if you want to revert back.
rtsp proxy ip: rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com
rtsp proxy port: 554
http proxy ip: pd.vog.sprintpcs.com
http proxy port: 8085

I get the same results from Netflix with WiFi and LTE. And LTE seems fast enough. Will changing these settings somehow make a difference even with WiFi?

Thanks.