Dock Battery Issue

Search This thread

compywiz

Mar 12, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm reading through the dock threads and I see a lot of issues with the battery, but I didn't see anyone with the same problem as me. Maybe it's not a problem, but I figured I'd put it out there just to make sure.

Sometimes my dock will read at 0% battery, then suddenly spike up to the proper battery percentage. It usually happens after it's asleep, then wakes up. Last night I had charged the dock to 100%, then unplugged and plugged into the tablet a short while later. It was reporting 0% and had a flashing orange light. I then charged it today and it held the charge, but still doing the strange 0% to "real" percent thing.

I have both a B60 dock and B60 tablet and I am using Prime 1.7 ROM.

Has anyone heard of this? Is my dock bad? I can still RMA it as it's brand new.

Thanks!

compywiz

Mar 12, 2010
I did a test last night by fully charging the keyboard then plugging it into my tab at 17% battery. When I woke up, the dock had 3% and the tab had 76%. This seems pretty on par with what I'd expect. I just don't want to charge the tab and have it not hold a charge at all.

lordgodgeneral

Dec 14, 2010
I use a couple of the dual battery widgets (still haven't decided on one). I sent my dock in for repair on the drainage issue a couple weeks ago. Since getting it back I have noticed that when I wake the tablet up, it can take a long time (Sometimes up to ~5-10 minutes for the dock battery to show the correct voltage). I had upgraded to 3.2 while the dock was out for repair, so don't know if its something with the new dock hardware, or a 3.2 issue.

The other day had the dock reading 0 and even after an hour of use, never did show it had a charge. Thought I was screwed because I had read several threads that said if you ran the dock down to 0, they couldn't ever get it to charge again. Plugged it in overnight and let it set, fired it up the next morning and both were at 95+%.

compywiz

Mar 12, 2010
How do you even know how much your dock is charged?

Would also like to know - is there a setting on the transformer that allows me to view the docks battery status?

Thanks

When you click the notification bar, it says "Docking Connected" and then the dock battery percentage to the right. I'm assuming that is the dock battery percentage... I'm not sure if it's part of the rom, but I think I remember it being there when I was stock.

I use a couple of the dual battery widgets (still haven't decided on one). I sent my dock in for repair on the drainage issue a couple weeks ago. Since getting it back I have noticed that when I wake the tablet up, it can take a long time (Sometimes up to ~5-10 minutes for the dock battery to show the correct voltage). I had upgraded to 3.2 while the dock was out for repair, so don't know if its something with the new dock hardware, or a 3.2 issue.

The other day had the dock reading 0 and even after an hour of use, never did show it had a charge. Thought I was screwed because I had read several threads that said if you ran the dock down to 0, they couldn't ever get it to charge again. Plugged it in overnight and let it set, fired it up the next morning and both were at 95+%.

Thanks for chiming in. I'm thinking this might just be a software issue and not a dock issue then. I'll see how things go over the next few weeks.