[Q] ADB Issue - device offline

Search This thread

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
A couple of days ago I flashed Eclipse v2.0, wanting to change my phone up a bit I had been on shift3r for a few weeks. Anyways, just now I was trying to copy some modules into my /system/lib/modules to overclock my device and was having issues copying within my phone. So I tried to use an adb shell to do so, but I keep getting the output of the device being offline, this is what I'm getting:
-NV57H:~$ adb devices
List of devices attached
0A3BAF200C014015 offline

And I have done a search, where some people were having trouble using certain cords, mainly with Samsung devices, and switched cords with success. This does not apply in this situation as I have used adb many times with the cord I'm using, and also I did try to switch cords anyways. Also the only other thing I saw was a situation involving driver installation and re-installation creating problems. As I am on Lubuntu, and not Windows, this does not apply to the situation because I have neither installed or re-installed drivers. My adb is setup properly because I have been using this computer for a couple weeks now and it was working previously. Any ideas on anything that could have happened? or maybe I should switch ROMs?

additionally: on my file manager, in the address bar for my device when it is plugged up, it is seeming odd to me, this is now what the address is showing for my device's sdcard:
gphoto2://[usb:002,007]/

Last edited:

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
I think I might have messed something up on my Bionic. If you read the first post I was saying how I tried adb on the same computer I've been using, AFTER flashing Liberty. Well I've gotten rid of Liberty and went back to SHIFT3R to try to fix the problem, and my problem is still looming. I have tried on Lubuntu and Windows, and my girlfriend's Incredible 2 works on both of the OS's with the same cables I'm using as well. I remember the other day when I was flashing Liberty, I had to mount my USB while in recovery to move the file onto my SDCARD because it had vanished once I tried looking for it to flash it. I remember when I tried to eject my phone from my computer (lubuntu), it said that it was busy and could not unmount the phone, after the file transfer screen went away as well. And then I waited a few minutes and tried again, it said the same thing, but I unplugged the cable anyways and unmounted USB in recovery. The file flashed fine so I know it was not still transferring the zip file. If anyone knows what I may have done or what I may be able to do to fix this let me know. I just wanted to update the thread with my most recent trials and errors in fixing it. Thanks to anyone who can guide me. I have never had issues with adb before.

bluesami

Aug 3, 2010
O man i really hope someone can help us with this issue.
I have the same problem..
I am trying to use the path saver, and it keeps telling me device offline.
RSD lite won't even recognize it.

HELP!!!

Scalfi

Feb 23, 2011
Me too

I had the same problem... I wanted to upgrade the radio on my Bionic to the .901 load... I could not get adb to see my device.

Using Windows 7 64 bit (Ultimate).

RSD Lite would not recognize device either.

Decided "Screw it", I'll just go back to my nandroid backup... which didn't work either.... soooo... here I am.... stuck.

Off to google I went... I don't know which of these fixed it, but it is working now... here is what I did.

Found a thread that stated "run your commands from the 'C:\platform-tools' directory... so I took all of the files from the "Bionic Path Saver 1" and copied and pasted them into this directory.

Secondly, instead of just double clicking the upgrade batch file (runmebbb.bat) like I was before, I opened a DOS command shell -IN ADMINISTRATOR MODE- and ran the batch file from there.

It immediately kicked off and I was off and running.

For those of you that don't know what I am talking about, I was upgrading... using instructions from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1433783

I hope this helps... it bugged the crap out of me... but the feeling of relief certainly makes up for it.

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
Well the thing is it doesn't work on windows or Linux with my bionic. I've tried various Android devices that I own and all of them work on both of my operating systems except for my bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

psychedelicNerd

Mar 31, 2008
Same issu

I just installed Eclipse 2.2 on my Bionic and now i am getting the same issue. Has anyone found an answer or a fix for this? Also, does the .902 patch have anything to do with it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
Once i had this problem the only way i fixed this was by using RSDLite to flash a FXZ. Changing ROMs didnt work, nothing worked but that. It wont affect RSD reading the phone in AP Fastboot mode. Just make sure you install moto drivers and have the newest version of RSD Lite. That worked for me, now I have my adb back

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

s.wyckoff1

May 12, 2012
Bionic 2.2 Eclipse adb device offline

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I'm using Safestrap. Droid Bionic on the 902 update, rooted with Eclipse 2.2. Everything is fine except adb shows my device as offline. I've looked on this forum and searched and it's not the cable. Also ADB over WIFI does not work. I'm not sure why it has the result it does there should not be 2 ports...

COMMAND: adb connect 10.0.2.2:5555
RESULT: unable to connect to 10.0.2.2:5555:5555

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
Hello,

I am having the same problem. I'm using Safestrap. Droid Bionic on the 902 update, rooted with Eclipse 2.2. Everything is fine except adb shows my device as offline. I've looked on this forum and searched and it's not the cable. Also ADB over WIFI does not work. I'm not sure why it has the result it does there should not be 2 ports...

First of all, it automatically adds 5555 into your address so instead use
Adb connect 10.0.2.2 or whatever your ip is. And as far as not showing your device with a USB cord, try various other cables. I have over ten cables and maybe two work with my bionic. I urge you to use as many as possible before my next recommendation. This problem screwed with me for a couple months and finally i booted into fastboot mode and FXZd my phone. I booted my phone up after that and adb worked perfect. I don't know what causes this.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Reactions: s.wyckoff1

s.wyckoff1

May 12, 2012
Eventually I discovered why adb wasn't working. Apparently there was no adb daemon running. I came across this in a different thread awhile back. Once I copied it to my phone's /sbin/ directory (there was a link to the file in this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=974824) and ran adbd from a terminal I could use logcat. However it was removed everytime the phone cycles power so only a temporary fix. I was considering trying another rom instead of eclipse 2.2. It was also buggy in that when I tried to do an adb install it broke terminated the daemon.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try downloading "ADB Over Wifi" from the market.

Then "adb connect ip:port"

The widget should show you ip/port when you activate it.
    Hello,

First of all, it automatically adds 5555 into your address so instead use
    Adb connect 10.0.2.2 or whatever your ip is. And as far as not showing your device with a USB cord, try various other cables. I have over ten cables and maybe two work with my bionic. I urge you to use as many as possible before my next recommendation. This problem screwed with me for a couple months and finally i booted into fastboot mode and FXZd my phone. I booted my phone up after that and adb worked perfect. I don't know what causes this.
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium