HELP!!! Soft Bricked Samsung G3 I747M (Rogers Canada)

Search This thread

Fifty613

Feb 5, 2014
Banff
Hello,
Here's my issue, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 i747M (Rogers Canada) and I decided to root my phone to connect a wireless controller for running emulators. I used ODIN 3 and rooted it with the proper ROM and it worked fine. I then noticed it had been running really slow and I wanted to update it to the latest Android platform but in order to do that I need to unroot the phone and return it to the stock ROM because I also figured out that I can hook up the controller with a USB so my phone doesn't need to be rooted anymore. I found the stock CF-Auto rom for my specific phone and carrier and reinstalled ODIN 3 on my computer. When I plug the phone into my computer with ODIN open it recognises it and the COM3 field turns yellow and in the txt box it says that its connected. I load the Stock ROM into PDA and run ODIN. It completes and I get the green "Complete" box and in the txt box it says Complete Disconnect Phone but when I restart my phone it loads the Samsung loading video and then just hangs at the Samsung logo with the blue LED blinking and the only way to shut down the phone is to remove the battery. I am still able to get to the download screen (Vol Down + Home + Power) and also when I loaded the stock ROM in ODIN it said to make sure that F. TIME RESET and AUTO REBOOT is selected but AUTO REBOOT is already checked and I cant turn on F. TIME RESET as the options terminal in ODIN is greyed out and I cant change the options, could this affect it? I know my phone can be saved as its only Soft Bricked its just a matter of how.....PLZ HELP!!!

Last edited:

Fifty613

Feb 5, 2014
Banff
Ok I will try it again today, what is the custom recovery thing and custom rom you're talking about? Sorry im not very savvy when it comes to smart phones, links would help a bunch and someone mentioned to me today to DL a new CF-AUTO stock rom for my phone because it may be the wrong one even though it was labeled for my model. Know of any good sites to get Official Stock Roms for phones?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so I found the newest version of ODIN3 and my actual Stock ROM, /fingerscrossed
If it works Ill post up where I found everything incase someone else comes across this problem with the same phone
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***RESOLVED***

Ok so, I downloaded ODIN3 by hitting up Google and downloading it from the first link which was from this site :) (My issue was an out of date ODIN3 program, hence the grayed out options)

I got the stock file for my Samsung Galaxy S3 i747M (Rogers Canada) from SAMMobile (<Google this should be the first link)

This site has everything you need for Samsung anything and its free you just make an account. Also don't make the mistake I did and assume the list of stock files that comes up is all that's there, you have to manually search for your phone model and a list of countries and carriers comes up for that phone. The file was even the most up to date version which was a plus.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    think you have flashed the rom and theres no os to run other than blank try installing again or else install custom recovery and run a custom rom
    Good Luck! :)