Unable to install custom ROMS - phone process error

Search This thread

TangerineTractor

Sep 8, 2006
Hi

Just moved onto the Moto G from a couple of Huawei devices, G300 then Y300... (bye bye Modaco!) - So I'm pretty used to flashig, wiping etc using TWRP and CWM...

Anyhow, got the Moto G (XT1033), booloader unlocked, done a full restore to clean 4.2 and let it update to 4.4 fine, no problems.
Installed the latest CWM, got root, all fine... again, no problems...

But EVERY rom I try - slim, CM11, always install OK but on booting come up with phone process failures and I have to abandon.
I tried putting the 422 modem zip from the CM11 thread on, made no difference.
So I've rewiped back to stock and updated to 4.4.2, and flashed CWM, but still can't install a custom rom, getting the phone process error on startup.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

TangerineTractor

Sep 8, 2006
So you installed CM11 from stock jelly bean??

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Yes. Originally I let it run through the ota update, then installed CWM and tried to install various roms. All gave me a FC on outdoor process as soon as I booted.
tried again with TWRP, same thing. third time lucky, I restored to factory, let it boot but didn't do the ota update, installed CWM for 4.3 bootloader, and all has been find since, flashed several roms with no problems.

lalitindoria

Dec 17, 2011
Bangalore
clearfeed.ai
So you have a dual SIM version and you flashed a custom ROM which means only one SIM works now. Am I right? How is everything else, no issues with performance just because yours is a dual SIM variant?